CHAPTER 7

Free Spirit Kwon Yuri [HIATUS]

Yuri’s POV

I stop pushing the cart and put the book in the shelf. There are no students inside the library and a few librarians are just here. This was my second day that I need to serve the school as a punishment in my school offense. I’m returning all the books in the shelves that the student borrowed. I’m with Nichkhun. He was vacuuming the floor in the reading area.

 

When I’m in the corner part of the library, he pop out in the back of the shelf. He was already holding a floor mop.

 

“Have you ever had a boyfriend?” he asked me while mopping the floor.

 

“Once.” I said casually while arranging the books that scattered.

 

“So after him, you never had been entered in a relationship?”

 

“I dated a few guys after him but not serious.”

 

“Are you that hurt that’s why you don’t want to enter in a relationship?”

 

“Ani. I just realized that being in a relationship is like placing yourself in a cage. I love being free to do what I want. My father doesn’t stop me from doing what I want to do, then a guy will act that he owns me and stop me on doing what I want to do? That’s not right. So since then, I never entered in a relationship so that no one can handle my life.” I walk toward to one of the shelf and place the book.

 

“We share the same view about commitment. We want the same freedom.

 

When I gazed at him, he stares at me.

 

“Why don’t we be together?” he immediately said.

 

I stop placing the book in the shelves. “Huh?”

 

He walks toward to me. I startled when he hold my shoulder and place my back at the shelf. He stared at me with his tantalizing eyes. “We’re perfect for each other. Maybe we should be together.”

 

I try to be relaxed. “That rhymes. But you’re just kidding, right?”

 

“I’m not.” His gaze roamed over my face. “I like you. I like your spunk. I like your fearless, laid-back disposition. I like how you kicked my face the other day. I like how you stay cool all the time. I like your thoughts about commitment and freedom. I like your hair…” starting from my bangs his gaze down on my lips. “…and your lips.” His face was slowly down on mine.

 

Before his lips touches mine, I immediately hit his stomach.

 

“AWWW!” he groans and caresses his stomach.

 

I turn back to him and start to push the cart. I smiled when I’m already far away from him. I don’t know why I don’t get irritate on what he did. Sometime I get annoyed to that kind of guy who is fast to get the girl. But with Nichkhun I’m amuse to him.

 

Narrator’s POV

Yuri saw Nichkhun peeking between the shelves where she was. He has this serious face but she just ignores it and continues to arrange the books. He walks towards her and place his back at the shelf. He was cool saying, “I’m serious, Yuri ah. We can have a special kind of relationship. A romantic relationship that is unconventional, not committal and not serious. We’ll be free to do what we want. There’ll be no one can stop us or dominate us. We’ll not be possessive to each other.

 

“You like me?” Yuri asked.

 

“I just said that.”

 

“What makes you think that I would even consider your proposal?”

 

“Well… I know you like me. You must be struggling right now, trying to hide your true feelings from me.”

 

She laughs. “.”

 

“Gomawo.”

 

She pushes the cart away from him. He followed and blocks her way. “Think about it.” He winks at her before walking away.

 

He was an , right? But why did he have to be so charming? Yuri thought and continues to place the books to shelf.

 

When she went out in the reading area, she saw him vacuuming the floor. He just looks at her. He looked at her as if he was smitten by her. He was charming indeed, despite his conceit. She likes the fact that they have similarities. She likes his personality. Its looks like that they will be compatible to each other. But should she take what he wants to happen?

 

He went outside first that’s why she goes to the parking lot alone by herself. She saw a rose place on the hood of her car. She gets it and read the small piece of paper that knot on it.

 

Tomorrow, go to the place where we first saw each other. Nine AM.

Nichkhun.

 

Did he talking about the secluded part of the school garden?