CHAPTER 17

Free Spirit Kwon Yuri [HIATUS]

Narrator’s POV

Yuri watches the canvas she’s painting on the stand. She used an expressionist style on her painting. There were already six distorted images on her canvas and she was just about to add another one. She mixed the acrylic in oil paint and start painting the image. She’s thinking. She is alone in the art classroom and painting while her earphone is on her ears. Later on she startled when someone hug her from the back. She smiled when she smell a familiar perfume of Nichkhun.

 

“Annyeong babe.” He said on her ear. He planted a kiss on her cheek. “That looks nice.” he is talking about her painting.

 

“You don’t have to say that. I know you don’t appreciate an art.”

 

“Who told you that? I can appreciate art. I appreciate you. You’re a work of art.”

 

She knows that it‘s one of his cheesy lines. She takes off her earphone on her ears, put the palette and dry brush she’s holding down on the table. She takes off her painting apron.

 

“You really are a work of art. You’re an abstract.” He added as she was expecting.

 

She grinned. “Cause I have a complex personality?”

 

He holds her shoulders to face him. “Cause you’re a kind of art that hard to get the message in just one look. You need to take a look deeply until you can’t move your eyes to it.” His gazed melt her. “And you don’t have to do but to stare on it.”

 

She laughs on what he said. “You’re good at talking sweet nothing; you’ll really make a fortune in advertising.”

 

He helps her to clean her things and went outside the room right after they finished cleaning the art room. They went to turf field and lay down on the grass. Nichkhun knew she like to star gazing.

 

“I must have been a star in my past life. I mean, literally a star.” She said it while looking at the sky.

 

“What makes you think so?”

 

“Cause I like gazing at the stars. Looking at the sky makes me feel like I’m home.”

 

“Well, if that’s the case I must have been a moon in my past life.” He said,

 

She looks at him smiling. “Waeyo? Cause you want to be with me all the time?”

 

“Ani. Cause I should be bigger and lighter than you.”

 

She laughs and slaps him. “Oh, you, mama’s boy.”

 

“I’m not mama’s boy.”

 

She laughs again. “Mama’s boy.” She teased.

 

“My Omma is just very sweet. I’m the only child that’s why she’s very affectionate to me. It’s hard to convince her that I will live alone and be independent. Everyday she’s calling me to know if I’m fine, every night she’s bring some foods in my pad because she knew that I’m not good at cook. Weekly I’m visiting our house because she wants it.”

 

Yuri smile sadly. “You’re lucky to have an Omma like her.” She said and looks at the stars.

 

“So… I guess you don’t have an Omma like her.” He said.

 

She sighs. “My Omma already passed away.”

 

“Mwo?”

 

“According to my Appa, my Omma passed away when she was giving birth to me.”

 

He looks startled. “Jwesonghamnida…” he pats her shoulder. “Oh, baby. Mianhae.” He hugs her.

 

She hugs him back. “Gwaenchana. My Appa never plans to get married. I can’t count if how many girlfriend he has.”

 

He looks concern. “But I know that deep in your heart you still longing for a mother.”

 

“I’m fine without a mother.”

 

He stared at her like he’s thinking.

 

She raise eyebrow at him. “What are you thinking?”

 

He smiled. “What do you think I am thinking?”

 

“Last Sunday, we almost had .”

 

He smiled, mischievously. “Actually, we can do it tonight.” He kisses her lips gently. “Let’s go straight to my pad.”

 

“Aniyo.”

 

He frowns. “Aniyo?”

 

“We can’t do it anymore. I can’t do it anymore.”

 

“Mworago?”

 

She lies down again and gaze at the stars. “When we were interrupted by your Omma, I took that as a sign.”

 

“A sign?”

 

“That it’s not the right time for those things like that.”

 

“Do you want me to seduce you all over again? I’m going to dance again.”

 

She laughs. “Aniyo. I won’t be seduced again even you dance here all day.”

 

He gloomed.

 

“There’s more to a relationship than . I want you to realize that while we’re together.”

 

He just stares at her. She smile at him and gaze at the stars. Suddenly she realized, she open up her life to him. Why did I do that?