CHAPTER 6

Free Spirit Kwon Yuri [HIATUS]

Nichkhun’s POV

“Mr. Nichkhun Horvejkul. You’re here for the nth time. Are you not tired of visiting me here every now and then?” Ms. Kim asked sarcastically.

 

Yuri is sitting in front of me. She looks at me. We are sitting of the both side of chair in front of the table of the chief discipline officer. The bully guy was sat beside me and the weak guy was sat beside Yuri.

 

“I don’t intend to be here Ma’am.” I said and looked at Yuri.

 

“And you, Ms. Kwon Yuri. You’re just new here in CAU but you already made an offense. Remember that you were kicked out in your previous school. You should at least have an ashamed to do an offense in the school who accept and give you chance to study. On what you did, it looks like you doesn’t show any respect to this university.”

 

“I think I did not do anything wrong. I just defended the guy next to me because he was bullied by someone.”

 

“And I just defended her to the guy next to me.” I quickly said.

 

The weak guy started to complaint.

 

“It’s not right that the two of you, Nichkhun shi and Yuri shi help out to punch Donghee shi.” Donghee was the bully that Yuri and I help out to punch. “You should call security or discipline officers to stop him from what he’s doing. Any form of violence is a big offense, even though you are defending others.” She stares at Donghee who has a black eye. “Donghee shi, because of your many offenses you’d made. I’m afraid you’re expelled from this school.”

 

Donghee does not have a reaction he doesn’t worry if he will going to expel. Unlike me, I’m worrying about myself to be expelled. Hell! I’m already graduating!

 

“And you, Nichkhun shi. You’re already graduating. It’s a waste of time if you are going to be expelled now. You disobey our agreement so---“

 

“Ma’am, if you’ll be kick Nichkhun out just let me be the one to be kick out.” Yuri cut Ms. Kim saying. “It’s just that, I’m the reason why he gets into trouble. I’m taking all the responsible on what happened. Just let him graduate.”

 

Ms. Kim and I were shocked on what she said.

___

 

Yuri’s POV

I took the floor mop from the maintenance personnel, and then he also gave Nichkhun a floor mop that’s beside. We need to mop the whole basketball gym.

 

“Do you job.” The maintenance personnel said and walk away.

 

I looked at Nichkhun. He was staring at me. He looked suspicious and I wondered why.

 

“Let’s start.” I said and start to wear rubber gloves then put the mop on a basin of water mix with cleaning detergent.

 

“Why did you do that?” He asked.

 

I looked at him. “Did what?”

 

“Why did you defend me? Why did you take the expulsion that they will give to me?”

 

That’s what I’m annoyed about. He will not going to be kicked out, since he did not start the fight and defended me. Instead they give Nichkhun a disciplinary punishment. I looked like a stupid to take the expulsion that I thought they will give to him the other day.

 

“Because Ms. Kim said that you are graduating. I think that you shouldn’t get kick out in this school if you are graduating. I’m the reason why you had school offense. I don’t want my conscience leave me if you’ll not be able to graduate because you expel.”

 

He doesn’t look convincing on what I told him. “That’s it? You took my expulsion and that’s your only reason?”

 

“I’m just new here. I wouldn’t mind if I got kicked out of here. There are still many universities that will accept me.”

 

“That was the only reason?”

 

I frowned. “Waeyo? Is there other reason on your mind?”

 

A mischievous smiled drew on his lips. “Don’t tell you like me that is why you are ready to sacrifice yourself for me?”

 

I stared at him then a laugh out loud come out on my mouth. He was only smirking while watching me laughing. I walk towards him and faced him. “You are too proud of yourself huh?”

 

“It’s just unbelievable that someone like you will do a big favor for me.”

 

“It’s not a big deal for me. Even to Donghee I will do that if he gets into trouble a while ago. But if you are expecting that I’m gonna impress on you rescuing me to that bully, you’re wrong. In fact, I didn’t like what you did. I can handle that bully very well. I’m a karateka. I don’t need you a while ago. But then you did good to me, so I appreciate it anyways. That’s why I took that expulsion and I will be the one to be kicked out for you save. But don’t do that again. I can handle myself.”

 

He smirks while staring at me. “You’re different girl.”

 

I smiled. “I agree. I’m not an ordinary girl.” I start to mop the floor.

 

 

“Yah, you like a pro. I can’t imagine a mob princess mopping like that.”

 

I stop mopping for a while and gaze at him. He stands like he was my supervisor. “I’m already used to mop a floor every time I’m gonna have school offense, they will punish me to clean the floor.”

 

He looked amused. “You mention that you were kicked out in your previous school. So, meaning you was also stubborn.”

 

“Ne. I’m stubborn like you.”

 

“In that case, it looks like we are compatible with each other.”

 

I shrugged my shoulder and continue mopping. “We’ll see. Maybe do you like to help here?”

 

He smirks and starts mopping. I observe that he always looking in my direction while mopping the floor.

 

Nichkhun’s POV

“Are you sure that you don’t like me?” I said.

 

She looked at me and smiled mockingly. “Maybe you like me instead? You always look at my direction every time.”

 

“How did you know that I was looking at your direction if you’re not looking at me?”

 

“Because I sense you are looking that’s why I’m also looking at you.”

 

“Just tell the truth you like me.”

 

She rolled her eyes and continues mopping.

 

“All right. Maybe this will help you tell the truth. I’m single. That woman you saw with me, she’s not my girlfriend.”

 

 She laughs. “And I’m supposed to be relieved? Are you really that proud of yourself?”

 

I smirk.

 

She raises her one brow. “So, that girl was not your girlfriend?”

 

“Why do you want to know?” I smiled mockingly.

 

“Actually, I don’t want to know. I don’t care.” She continues mopping.

 

“She’s not my girlfriend. I never had a girlfriend for a long time. The last time I had a girlfriend, I was only eighteen.”

 

She stops mopping and eyed me with curiosity. “Waeyo? What happen? Don’t tell me some girl broke your heart?”

 

“Of course not. I’m just sick of my entire girlfriends that always demanding to limit my moves every time and dictates me anytime. I want freedom. I realized I didn’t want to be tied down to someone. I can be with anyone I want without committing to a relationship.”

 

“In short, you’re an .”

 

I stop for a second. I’m shock for her being blunt. I smirk.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m just like you. I don’t like commitment either. I don’t like men who are possessive and dominant in a relationship.”

 

“Jinjja? So, you’re an too?”

 

“The term ‘’ is exclusively for men.”

 

I laughed. “Jeongmallyo? Wah! I just knew it now. So, what’s the female term for ‘’?”

 

She turned back. “.”

 

“Yeah. So, you’re a ?”

 

“Deh.” She said still not turning her head at me.

 

Yuri’s POV

I heard he laughs. “I like you.”

 

I didn’t look at him. If I’m being honest with myself, I will admit that I’m attracted to him. I think we had common things we like. And in all fairness, he was really handsome.

 

I saw Ms. Kim was entering the gym with member of discipline committee. She just went by checking us if Nichkhun and I were doing our jobs. Nichkhun went back on mopping the floor but I caught him flashing a gazed and smile at me every now and then.