CHAPTER 9

Free Spirit Kwon Yuri [HIATUS]

Yuri’s POV

I sat at the edge of the stage of School Theater after I mop the floor with Nichkhun. He also sat beside me. “Mianhae.”

 

“What for?”  I asked, frowning.

 

“You get involved in my fight with Kyuhyun.” He said. He’s talking about the guy that we defeated outside of CAU the other day.

“So, you know how to say ‘sorry’.”

 

“Of course. What do you think of me? I know I look formidable but I also know how to apologize.”

 

I snorted. “Formidable, huh?”

 

He smirks. “I know I’m too handsome to look formidable. Maybe that’s not the right term to a person like me. It’s ‘tough’. I may look very tough but I also know how to apologize.”

 

“You don’t look that tough to me.”

 

“It’s okay. I don’t want my girlfriend to find me tough.”

 

I didn’t comment on what he said. He moves forward beside me. “Gomawo.”

 

“For what?”

 

“Because you helped me. You fight because of me.”

 

“It’s nothing. It’s been a while since I had practice.  I will help even those who need me."

 

“So… you didn’t do that because you like me?”  He asked.

 

He slowly attached his shoulder beside to my shoulder. When I look at him, our faces are bonded. His eyes are flirtingwhile looking at me. I just gave him a blank stare.

“No.” I divert my attention to a red theater seats.

 

“What would it take to make you mine?” he asked.

 

I decided to indulge his prank. I act thinking. “Do you sing?” I asked him.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Do you sing?” I repeated.

 

“Yeh. I can also dance. I’m multi-talented.”

 

“Jinjja? Then, sing and dance for me here in this stage. I’ll watch you from those seats.” I said pointing to the seats.

 

“Huh? Are you crazy? I’m not your puppet.”

 

“If you do it, I’m yours.”

 

He smiled. “Jinjja?”

 

I nod.

 

He burst out a small laughs. “You’re just playing me.”

 

“What if I’m not?”

 

He stared at me for a long time. “Aniyo.” He said. “I want to be your boyfriend, not your toy.” He stood up and step away.

 

I was secretly impressed on what he did. I don’t want a guy will do all what a girl said to him because he was coaxing.

 

I start to sing the first line of ‘Cabi Song.’ That was the song Nichkhun and I heard practicing the Drama Club actors and actresses a while ago for their rehearsal. They are planning for a musical play.

 

“Yeogi hae moyeobwa..."

 

I saw from my perpheral vision that he stop and faced me. I stood up and approach him while singing. "tteugeo un neowa na every time all right Oh~ wild river...” I touch his cheek like how the female protagonist touches his leading man on the rehearsal a while ago.

 

He gradually draws a smile on his lips while looking at me. "Isungan urin modu da crazy summer time..." he sung.

 

He had a deep, nice singing voice. I was thrilled as I continued the song.

 

“I can do, we can fly ijen neoreul matgyeobwa
Tteugeo un taeyang arae urin modu da so hot…”

 

We sang together. He held my hand and spinned me around. Then, he pulled me into his arms while we both sang. It all came naturally, as if we had rehearsed that scene before. When we went to last stanza, he pulled me. I hold him to his shoulders. Then suddenly we stopped singing and just stared each other. His eyes were quite expressive. I could see how much he liked me and I like him, too. I wanted to be with him.

 

Nichkhun’s POV

When my gaze down on her lips, I knew she already know that I want to touch her. Until I feel that my face is slowly down on hers. She closed her eyes at the first slight touch of my lips against hers. I gently nipped her lips repeatedly as if teasing her to respond. When I finally kissed her full-mouthed, her hand went up to my nape. She eagerly responded to my kiss.

 

She was shocked when I free her lips and pulled her to backstage follow by that was the two -panel door to open entrance. I pulled her inside to a room that looks like a props room.

 

I shoved her against the wall and trapped her inside my arms. My eyes were filled with passion as I looked at her. "You're mine now." I said.

 

"Ani. I'm not yours. Our relationship is unconventional, right? Casual. Undemanding. Free from the hassles of a normal one." She caresses my face, "I'm not yours. You're not mine. We don't own each other but we're both in a relationship."

 

I smiled. "Right."

 

"When the time comes that we don't like each other, that's the end of our relationship. No question asked." she said.

 

"Sure."

 

"We won't fall in love with each other. When you do, I will leave you."

 

"Yeh. And don’t you dare fall in love with me either. Even if it's hard to resist, stop yourself from falling." I said.

 

She chuckled. Again, I kissed her. She clung to me, loving every move of my lips against hers.