CHAPTER 1

Free Spirit Kwon Yuri [HIATUS]

Narrator’s POV

Yuri watched the campus ground of Chung-Ang University as few students walking at the wide University ground. Some group of nerd student passed in front of her and gave her blank look. Obviously they know in Yuri’s face that she’s not that good in academics unlike them. After that, a group of clique fashionista girls passed by her and gave her a disapproving gazed as if that they don’t like her outfit. She wore a gray jacket; the sleeve was folded up to her elbow, straight-cut jeans, and a pair of sneakers. Or maybe they don’t like her not so properly tied hair. Her outfit was far from the way they outfits were. She doesn’t have make-up not like them.

----------

She start to walk when she bumped into a group of tall men maybe they are member of a basketball team based on their heights and the jersey they’re wearing, some of them gave her mischievous smile, one of them winked at her. She saw one of them were telling something to the guy next to him while looking at her, she can’t hear it because there’s an earphone on her ears.

----------

When turned her look at the corner of the hallway, she saw a big guy wearing a black jacket bullying a thin guy. Then later after that a female student passed in front of her laughing out loud all by herself as if she has a problem in her head.  So, this was CAU. This was her new school. She has this bad feeling that she will doesn’t like this school. It was full of boring nerds, self-righteous es, cocky erts, class bullies and psychotic freaks.

----------

She got kick out in Seoul University because she caught by a school official painting a vacant wall at the back of fine arts building. She was doing a mural; the school official said that it was vandalism and she did not get a permission to do it. It’s not a good theme for her mural. It was about carefree and radical.

 

It wasn’t her first tedious school offense. She was getting into trouble every time, sometime it was because she always defends the nerd and weakling against to the school bully. Sometimes her own professor brings her to the discipline committee because she simply attached a note with a: “Please donate money for my hair transplant.” Her professor doesn’t have hair. She does it because her professor humiliated and embarrassed her in front of the class when she corrects the wrong information that her professor teach to them.

 

Her last offense causing her to kicked out. Fortunately her father has a friend in CAU and she accept her even though she has a bad records on her previous university, but unfortunately, she need to repeat her junior year of her course in Bachelor in Fine Arts Major in Painting. She was already twenty one years old and should have been in senior year if she hadn’t been kicked out of her old school.

----------

She continues to walk, and searching for a place to her own hide out even she’s alone. She didn’t really care if she didn’t make any new friends; she could survive alone in this new environment. She was independent, a free spirit. She was naughty and she loved to goof around. Lot of couldn’t understand her personality. She doesn’t care, she was happy being herself. She has her rights to do what she wants--- right or wrong. She doesn’t care on what others will say. It was her life after all.

----------

 

She went on a huge garden and across the footpath, but along the way she playfully put her feet in the grass and walks to nowhere. She stops when she heard a flirty laughs of a girl that immediately disappear, then after that she heard a soft moan. There are people at the back of the plants; she slowly walks toward to it and she immediately pop out. She caught a girl and a boy kissing each other’s lips! The both of them broke their kiss when they saw her. Yuri looks at them.

 

The girl was pretty, she has a flair complexion and her skin was smooth. Yuri looks down on the girl’s mini skirt that slightly up to her thighs, the girl notice it so she quickly pull her skirt down obviously the girl looks nervous. When her attention turns to the guy beside her, she notices that he was tall and handsome, he looks like an athlete. He doesn’t look like nervous.

 

She watched the surrounding. The place of the garden looks secluded because the giant and tall plants blocking it. “Hmmm… nice place.” Yuri said.

 

The guy sobs and parted to the girl. He ran his fingers through his hair and faced her. He looked frustrated. Yuri put away her earphone out of her ears; she decided to goof around to them, “I’m a transferee. I’m new here so I’m lost. I’m wondering if where the discipline office is. Can you tell me where it is?”

 

The girl opens her eyes widely, and it looks like she was panicking because of Yuri said.

 

“Don’t report us to the discipline committee.” He frowns.

 

She didn’t answered, she chuckles. So, it looks like the CAU is very strict, she thought. She didn’t bother to read the school rules because she hated rules. She knows that all the schools were preventing the Public Display of Affection and Indecency inside the university.

 

The guy sighs. He picks up his wallet at the back of his jeans and from there he gets 13,000 won and offered it to Yuri. She almost cackles, she was bribing him to keep shut! Seriously, is the CAU that strict to bribes students in order not to get a bad record? I don’t have an evidence to give in discipline committee if she will report it. Aside from that, she doesn’t know their names. Yuri thought.

 

“Just take this and go away.” He said. She just stared at the money. “It’s not enough?” he pick up his wallet and replace it a 25,000 won and pass to her.

 

She didn’t move to take the money. He gets her hand and put the money on her palm then he pulled the girl and leaves the place. She just stared at the money on her hand. It was so easy for him to give money to anyone, perhaps he briefly doing to bribe people. She put the money in her pocket and leaves the place.