Chapter 29 - Pandora's Box

Yearning Love
Please log in to read the full chapter
- Myungsoo POV - 

As I parked my car I walk towards the elevator and when I reached the lobby of my company all of the employees that I encountered were stunned to see me used the parking elevator but nonetheless bowed at me and greet me good morning. I walk towards my private elevator and as I reach the floor of my office the elevator door opened and Minseok was already standing by the hallway. 

Minseok- Good morning sir your coffee is already at your desk together with the papers you need to look over and as for today's appointment I already updated it so please do check your iPad later though... 

Minseok

Minseok- yes sir? 

At least let me get to my office and put down my briefcase. 

Minseok- I'm sorry sir 

It's okay. Did you have a pleasant holiday?

I asked as I resumed walking towards my office, I opened the door of my office and as I look at my table I couldn't help but sigh as I notice the stack of papers on top of my table. I walked towards my chair and I placed my bag on top of my table as I my suit and took my suit jacket off and Minseok took it and hang it. I unfasten my necktie as I then sat down on my office chair, I pulled out the papers out of my briefcase and handed it to Minseok together with my briefcase

Those are done and approved have it filed and send it to the in charge personnel. So did you enjoy your vacation? I glance at him and I can see he was taken aback with my question again

Minseok- yes sir, I manage to visit my parents on our hometown. 

I see that's good then. At least we both had a pleasant holiday.

I grabbed my iPad and check my appointments and I can feel my head aching as I see I will be meeting Sunggyu hyung later tonight together. I'm sure he has a lot of things to say again, but hopefully I can make that meeting short but then again I'm sure he would find a way to prolong it like always. Somehow I can already predict that I would be drinking a lot of coffee the whole day as I skim through my schedule but at least my meeting with Sunggyu hyung would be the last meeting for this day. I inched closer to my office table as I then started reading the papers that are waiting for my attention. 

I rubbed the bridge of my nose as I close my eyes and I then stared back at my laptop again, I glance at my watch and saw that it was already 8:15 pm already Sunggyu hyung was supposed to be here fifteen minutes ago and that guy is the most panctual person I know so I wonder what happened. I was about to pick my phone and call Sunggyu hyung to ask where he is when I hear a knock on my door and Minseok come inside my office. 

Minseok- Sir Sunggyu-ssi's secretary called and said there was a sudden call from US so Sunggyu-ssi had to fly to New York. She said Sunggyu-ssi wishes to reschedule next week. 

Ok have it done then go home. 

Minseok- how about you sir? 

I'll just finish this then would head home also 

Minseok- do you want me to accompany you? 

It's okay Minseok go rest for the day I'll see you tomorrow

Minseok- Undertood sir, have a good night 

I nod at him and he bowed at me as he then walked out of my office, I stood up from my chair as I loosen up my necktie as I look at the night city view that my office can offer me. Buildings are still covered with snow but luckily it wasn't snowing, soon it would be spring but I'm one of those few people that doesn't fancy spring time I guess my heart is now as cold as ice but troublesome matters appear once spring is around the corner but hopefully I don't have to deal with those kind of things but then again some still haunt me every once in a while 

I took a deep breathe as I walk towards my bar counter, I stare at my wine and alcoholic beverages contemplating what to drink and as I was about to reach for some scotch and pour some in a glass I suddenly remembered Sungjong pointing out on my drinking habits yet not allowing my sons on eating some sweets. No one has ever refute me on that matter but then Sungjong come into our lives, I shook my head as I remember when we went to the supermarket and he blatantly put some snacks that I didn't allow Minsoo and Sungjun to eat. He even bravely said he'll pay it using his own money just so I wouldn't have any problem with it, and as we were at the counter and my sons were out to get some things that he forgot I actually tried to convince him to not buy it 

But I was shocked when he glared at me and reprimanded me that I should let my sons enjoy foods even though it would be bad for their health because they are just kids and it was part of growing up and I was about to refute what he was saying but then he suddenly brought up that I was drinking alcoholic drinks which was clearly far worse than eating junk foods. He said that if Minsoo and Sungjun aren't allowed to eat junk foods it would only be fair that I shouldn't be drinking also and truthfully I was left speechless and even the cashier who was silently listening to our conversation looked like she agreed on what Sungjong was saying and was trying real hard to contain herself so I just accepted my defeat because I felt that I shouldn't anger him any further because surely I wouldn't be able to handle it. 

So at the end I just handed my card to the cashier when all our things were purchased and just silently pushed the other cart towards the parking lot. I really have no chance on winning an argument with a pre-school teacher and this is coming from someone who always manage to persuade my clients and prospective investor to sign a contract with my company. Something about Sungjong that makes me give up easily because I know what he says make sense at some point, but it's really amusing that after all these years someone is trying to come against my decisions. It has been years since some last wake some senses out of me and...

I shook my head as I put the bottle of scotch back in the cabinet as I then head towards my table again and resumed what I was doing, I better finish this than dive into those kinds of thoughts plus I'm sure Sungjun would be happy if I got home early than planned. I should focus on things that are in hand rather than nonsensical matters. As I snapped out of my figure and proposal trance I looked at my watch and saw that it was already 9:30 pm I release a deep sigh as I shut down my laptop as I then stood up and grab my suit coat as I head out of my office and down to the parking. 

It was almost 10 pm when I arrived home and as I got off the car I head inside, once I got inside the house it was quiet and the lights in the living room and dining room seemed to be off I guess they went to bed early today probably tired from going out which reminds me did they really manage to go out? I don't think I received a message from Sungjong informing me they left or was I too busy to notice I have a mail? I head towards my room and put my briefcase on the chair I took my suit off as I walk towards my closet and put all my clothes on the laundry basket as I then put on some track pants and white shirt. 

I walked towards the kitchen as I suddenly felt like needing something to drink and as I entered the kitchen I saw Sungjong sitting all alone on the dark. I crease my eyebrow as I look at him, he seems deep in thought as he didn't notice me walked in and I come closer to him and cough lightly trying to catch his attention but still nothing. I walk in front of him and tap on the counter top that he was staring at and I see him flinch and look up to me and I can see he was really stunned to see me 

Sungjong- Myungsoo-ssi uhm welcome home have you been home for a while now? 

I just got home. Is there a problem Sungjong? 

Sungjong- huh? Uh... 

I can see that something is troubling you and somehow you look tired? Did Sungjun and Minsoo made trouble? 

Sungjong- oh no they were well behave as always... I guess I'm just tired my friends came over I hope you don't mind, the kids and I didn't manage to leave because my friends visited instead 

Oh I see, I don't mind treat my house as yours. But are you sure you are fine? You don't look fine? 

Sungjong- uhm yes don't worry would you like some tea? He asked successfully changing the topic 

You should just go rest

Sungjong- but... 

It's okay I was just about to grab some water and head to bed. 

Sungjong- ok... Good night Myungsoo 

Good night. 

I watched him walk out of the kitchen and after a few minutes I also head towards upstairs and I head to Sungjun's room to see him deep asleep while his leg is hanging from the bed as he hug his teddy bear, I shook my head in amusement I went closer to him and lift his leg and tucked him in once again. I kissed the top of his curly hair as I then closed his bedroom door and head to Minsoo's room. As I open Minsoo's room it was dark and he hardly sleep without a light so I the light and see his room completely wrecked, his books were all over the floor and same goes to his clothes. My eyebrow crease as I walk inside and walk towards his bed, he was already asleep as I took a sit on his bed I look at him and see him creasing his eyebrow as a tear slid down from his eyes. I was about to reach and rub his hair as he mumbles something I moved closer to hear what he was saying 

Minsoo- umma... Don't leave... Umma...

I instantly pulled my hand away as I feel my blood gone cold and my mind froze,I clenched my hand and stood up and I walked out of his room and head down to the living room. I head to my bar counter and pulled a bottle of whiskey and I opened it and took swig on it not bothering to grab a cup because with what I heard I would surely finish this bottle, actually it wouldn't be enough. After all this years why would Minsoo look for that forsaken woman? Just when I thought everything would go well things would start going haywire again? God dammit. 

I laugh bitterly as I feel the bitter taste of whiskey run down to my throat and as I remember the face of that woman. I guess no matter how much I try to avoid it, it would still find a way to remind me and no matter how long it has been the pain is still ing there. God damn. I continue on drinking the bottle of whiskey I'm holding as I then took a sit on the couch, I look at the garden and watch the snow started covering the garden once again. 

Unlike 6 years ago it was really a nice weather everything was going well, well that's what I thought since 8 years of marriage and Somin and I are still getting along well. She supported and understood my work while I also support her with her passion for theater acting and before she got pregnant with Sungjun she was busy with her performances, she manage to be casted as a leading role I could see she was really happy with what she was doing so I tried my best

Please log in to read the full chapter