chapter 3- hyungie

Yearning Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

- Minsoo POV -

hello im kim minsoo, im 13 years old and a freshmen, my class for today is already over and im currently in my cram school, which would go until 5:30 pm though i told my dad it would go until 6:30 pm, he would not suspect a thing since he wasnt with me when i enrolled in this cram school, and its not like my cram school would send him a copy of my schedule, and even if i do go home an hour late he wouldnt know, since he wouldnt be home. he always go home late and even if i go home late i would still be the first one to arrive home.

its not like im being a rebel or whatever they call what im doing, im simply escaping my suffocating house, and have a little freedom, its really hard to be home where your brother would constantly go "hyungie" "hyungie play with me" "hyungie what are you doing?" he would always stick close with me whenever he see me, always asking for my attention, and its not like i dont love him, because i do, i love my baby brother because he is the only one i have, its just sometimes i want to be alone and be left alone.

what pissed me more before was when he would ask me where our umma is, or what happened to her. its good that he finally stop asking when i told him i wont talk to him again and i would be really mad at him if he ask another time. bringing up umma is just a bad thing especially in front of dad which is why i basically just dont want to talk about her. if dad hear him asking about mom he would just be punished and would be hurt real bad. so im just protecting him from that kind of pain.

and about dad, i just basically give up on dad, ever since i understand what the situation is and ever since he failed to keep all his promises. i decided to stop expecting from him, dont get me wrong im not mad at him i understand him yet in a way i dont, i understand that he is working because he has us to support, he wants to give us everything the world can offer but cant he see that what we want the most is his attention and time? especially sungjun, sungjun is always seeking for his attention and affection.

we already have the things we need and the things we want so cant he stop for a day or stop working for an hour and spend a proper time with us? he dont even need to have time for me just spend some time with sungjun alone is enough, if i see sungjun happy then i would be happy, i already learned my lesson when i expected him to be in graduation and him attend on one of my school play performance. even on a simple parent teacher meeting he cant make some time for it, and i would be left with sungyeol hyung attending it for him.

no matter how much sungyeol hyung explain it to me that dad really wanted to go, my mind wont accept it because im sure he didnt even try making up to it. he didnt bother even trying to go on one of those events. on those days he would just give me a gift once he arrive home or the next morning he has a gift ready for me and saying i did a good job and that he is proud of me, though if only i can tell him what i really want all this gifts wouldnt be needed if only i can say it.

sigh enough of that, talking about this is just putting me in a bad mood, and i dont want to be on a bad mood especially when we have this gig today, actually im part of a band and no way in hell does my dad know about this, and i dont even plan on telling him a single bit about it, basically no one know about this except my friends who im playing with and i would like it to stay like that. i didnt bother saying this to sungyeol hyung because im sure that ahjussi would just rat me out to my dad i can see it happening ugh.

anyway my cram school ended earlier that usual, like 5 pm early which is why we agree on doing the gig tonight, our gig will start around 5:30, the venue of our gig is like a 10 minutes away from my cram school, so when i got there we have more or less 20 minutes to rehearse and change our clothes, we would perform like 3 songs, im the guitar player in our band, anyway my friends would take on the guitar that i will be needing and i was only left to bring a change of clothes, anyway once i got to the club, we immediately started rehearsing our song and then we change our clothes and styled our hair out, for them to look presentable for me to hide my identity.

after a few minutes one of the employees called us, saying its our turn to perform now, we gather up and cheered for ourselves, my band mates and friends are, byun baekhyun our main vocalist, on drums is kang minhyuk, then the other guitarist is park chanyeol, its just four of us, though we have a lot of friends, they prefer to work behind the stage, meaning some of them are our manager, stylist, promoter, financier and even the fan manager or whatever they call that. we were nearing the stage and we hear the host introducing us

i look at the crown and its full house, some saw me which made them scream real loud, once the host finished talking and they found out that we were the next performer they keep on screaming and chanting our band name, we all went out and the scream got even more louder if that was possible. minhyuk then brought his drum stick in the air and started drumming the drums, and i followed playing the guitar then chanyeol and baek started singing, our first song is "love girl" then "love letter", then for our last song "severely"

once our song ended we all went down the stage and we hear the people chanting for an encore then screaming our band name, lets just say even though we dont have alot of gigs when we do have one it would always be a full house, you can say that we are famous, we just didnt get to perform much because of me but no harm done since we only do this for fun and leisure, we do this if we are stress and we want to forget some of our problems, though if the pay is big we grab it just like this one.

we went to the main bar and watch the next performance occasionally there would some girls who would approach us trying to get our number and just simply trying to flirt, though none of us would pay attention to them one because i for one dont want to be in a relationship yet, then baekhyun and chanyeol are in some kind of relationship which im totally cool with, then there's minhyuk who is moody, you can never guess whats his mood, like today he'll be all flirty with girl then tomorrow he would be all cold, then the next day he would be all hyper, his seriously weird but we're cool.

once we got the payment and we got tired of the constant approach of those girls in the bar we all left the bar and went to a restaurant to eat and most likely spend my share of payment, thats what we always do since i dont really need the money, im simply doing this to waste time and pure hobby. we are all sitting in this cubicle all my friends and devouring the food we ordered, and talking about going on a noraebang, after a few minutes my phone rang and i pulled my phone and see it was my dad calling,

what the.... this is the first time he call me this early i whispered and i got up and went outside the restaurant to answer dad's call, which is a new one since he never calls me around 6:30 pm! oh let me rephrase that dad never call me ever this early period. what if he found out i was lying and found out that my cram school ends at 5:30 pm and not 6:30 , i swipe the answer button

a..appa?

Myungsoo- hello minsoo-ah do you have any idea where your brother could be?

huh? isnt he in our house, im sure sungyeol hyung already fetch sungjun from school

Myungsoo- aisht no, sungyeol was late and your brother is now missing

what? no appa i dont know where sungjun is

Myungsoo- aisht ok you go home once your cram school is done arasseo

bwoh but appa i ha..

Myungsoo- go straight home kim minsoo arasseo?

arasseo

Myungsoo- ok good, call me if you saw your brother!

ne

after that dad ended the call, i was too shock that i even call him appa, i havent call him that since i was like 8, buts important is what he said, sungjun is missing? how can he be missing? where would he even go? , what if he was abducted by some people? yes sungjun is annoying and clingy but he is still my little brother my one and only brother, i still love and care about him, i went back inside the restaurant and grab my bag i was about to run off when chanyeol's deep voice called me

Chanyeol- yah! yah! yah! minsoo-ah! where you are going?

i need to get home!

Baekhyun- but we're still going to noraebang!

i cant! my dongsaeng is missing!

Minhyuk- want us to help you look for him?

nah, we can handle this, especially since my dad is also looking.

Baekhyun- woah thats new, okay then, call us when you need our help okay?

yeah, thanks guys bye

after that i immediately run off out of the restaurant, where could that brat go? think minsoo where could sungjun go? where does sungjun like to go? should i go search near our house? since dad is probably searching around sungjun's school, so no one is looking around our street, yeah sungjun must have went home in his own, aisht that kid would surely get a noogie from me, making us all worried like this tsk. i hailed a taxi and once i got a taxi i told our address and ask the ahjussi to drive faster.

after a somewhat 12 minutes we arrive in front our house, i paid the fare and immediately went out of the cab, and run towards the nearby park to see if that rascal went there and decided to play for a while, once i got there i search the whole park but no sign of sungjun, my back is aching since my bag is really heavy and from all those crouching i did, looking inside those tunnel like play pen, i messed my hair and decided to go home first and change my clothes and leave my bag. it was around 7:35 when i reach home,

Maid- welcome home minsoo-ah, do you by chance know where sungyeol-ssi is?

huh sungyeol hyung? he must be with dad noona, looking for sungjun

Maid- ehh? looking for sungjun?

yeah did they not call? sungjun is missing

Maid- ehhh??? missing? how can he be missing when he is in his room sleeping

WHAT?

i immediately drop my bag on the floor and run up the stairs going to sungjun's room and when i open the door of sungjun's room, i see him sleeping soundly in his bear bean bag all warm and cozy, i took a deep breath and calm my nerves, i slowly enter his room and walk towards where sungjun is, i loo

Please log in to read the full chapter