Chapter 27 - Accomplice

Yearning Love
Please log in to read the full chapter
- Minsoo POV - 

I look outside as we pass a lot of buildings, it’s snowing really bad and Sunggyu samchon said we would just sleep here for tonight especially since the hyper chipmunk brother of mine is already asleep. He must have gone really tired from all the places we’ve been and from traveling to different places. I’m also tired but I can still wait until we got to the hotel Woohyun samchon was driving while he talk to Sunggyu samchon once a while and samchon would reply whenever I didn’t pay attention on what they are talking about. 

Sunggyu- Minsoo

Ne samchon? 

Sunggyu- are you hungry 

Woohyun- we just ate are you seriously asking him that? 

Sunggyu- he’s a kid so he have a fast metabolism so he might be hungry! And to think you’re a pediatrician tsk 

Woohyun- and as a pediatrician he shouldn’t eat that much! It wouldn’t be good for their health. 

Sunggyu- lies! Can you see how thin he is? He needs more fat speaking about that I better nag Myungsoo about this. Is he even letting these kids eat? They’re too thin! 

Woohyun- they are in perfect weight just right for their height and age. And seriously...

I’m not hungry samchon 

I said cutting their conversation short because if I don’t it would go on and I’m sure they would just argue and it would lead to Sunggyu samchon being moody and Woohyun samchon being a clingy puppy to samchon and I don’t really want to see something that kind of cringe-y. After a few minutes we arrived at our destination and the hotel doorman open the car door and I went out and Woohyun samchon carried Sungjun as Sunggyu samchon check us in. I looked around and see a few of Sunggyu hyung’s hired bodyguard on the far corner looking at us and then the surrounding. 

I’m used on seeing them around since every time samchon would take us anywhere they would be around, they wouldn’t come close to the point of scaring Sungjun and making me uncomfortable but they’re there well unless we are out on the streets two of them would be beside us and some would be a few meters ways. I don’t know why samchon would always have them around when we go out and I don’t really bother asking why. Plus they’re keeping distance anyway so it’s fine with me and I don’t think Sungjun even really notice 

When we got to our hotel room I see samchon tapping on his phone so I head towards the window and look at the view, it was really snowing hard, I could hardly see anything from afar. I guess if we went home tonight we would be stuck in the train and would have to wait for the snow to stop. I feel my phone started vibrating so I pulled it out and see it was Hyuk calling me I look and doesn’t see samchon around so I answered my phone. When I did he switched it on video call and I saw him together with the others

What’s up? 

Hyuk- Minsoo where the hell have you been? 

Chanyeol- yeah bro ever since Christmas break started you haven’t shown yourself! 

I’m grounded remember? I can’t really go out even if I wanted to

Sehun- you don’t look like you’re at home though 

I’m in Busan 

Hyuk- what the heck! Grounded my you’ve been going to places! 

With my family. 

Chanyeol- uncle Myung brought you to Busan now after Pyeongchang? Is he sick? 

Nah bro I’m with Sunggyu samchon 

Baekhyun- hamster samchon? Nice tell him I said hi! And I’m waiting for my gift! 

Sehun- me too! Gyu samchon gives the coolest gifts! 

I will. Anyway what’s up? Why did you call and why are you all together? 

Hyuk- we’re at sehun’s house and well remember the year end thing I mentioned before? 

No? 

Hyuk- aish! I mentioned it I know I did anyway well we will be performing at the year end event, hyung made us the last performer and bro it’s big I’m telling you! So you need to be there! 

I don’t know Hyuk... I told you I’m grounded and since Appa is on vacation I can’t really sneak out 

Chanyeol- HOLY !! What did you say? Uncle myung? Like we are talking about your dad right? Kim Myungsoo? 

I laughed when Chanyeol suddenly shouted and shoved Hyuk away from the camera and took the phone. I hear him grunt in pain and he was rubbing his head and I see Baekhyun standing behind him he must have hit Chanyeol’s head for being overacting. Well they know my dad so it’s really unbelievable to hear my Appa going on vacation, they know that he would always be away during this time from all the year end parties or so. 

Yes 

Chanyeol- is the world ending? 

Sehun- retard! I see sehun hit Chanyeol’s head again 

Chanyeol- oww... 

Hyuk- seriously Minsoo you have to be there! This one’s big so we need you! Like I’m sure after this event we would be getting more request and be gaining more supporters. 

Baekhyun- don’t believe him, hyung just offered 500,000 won if we performed that day. 

What the... 

Sehun- same bro same! So imagine if hyung offered that kind of money I’m sure it’s gonna be big. 

Hyuk- Henry’s been nagging that we need a few things to buy and same with Hongbin! He’s been talking nonstop about needing more money to buy clothes and all. 

Why not just use the money we earned? 

Hyuk- seriously? All our earnings went to food like do I even need to name those who has a wormhole stomach? and well I also paid Henry some fees for the instruments and repay some clothes that we stained since Hongbin’s sister is livid seeing her work ruined. 

But I don’t think I can sneak out this time bro especially since Sungyeol hyung is also on vacation. 

Chanyeol- you always figure out a way to sneak out though 

Yeah but I don’t think I can this time 

Hyuk- bro seriously we need you, no one can replace your solo part! 

Aish... 

Sehun- do you want me to ask my parents to ask uncle Myung out or so just so you can leave? 

I don’t think that would work though tsk. Fine fine I’ll figure out a way but I won’t promise I’ll be there. When will it be? 

Hyuk- on the 30th the event starts at 7:30 pm but we would be up on stage around 9 pm. 

Bro that’s really late now I’m sure I can’t come 

Hyuk- Minsoo!! Seriously this is life and death matter

And I’m also telling you I’ll be killed if Appa finds out about this, he allowed me to come here in Busan only because I’m with Gyu samchon. 

Baekhyun- why not just ask Gyu samchon for help? 

He might tell dad about it. 

Chanyeol- I’m sure he won’t do that...

Baekhyun- yeah I also don’t think Gyu samchon would tell uncle Myung so ask for Gyu samchon’s help 

Sunggyu- help on what? 

... 

I immediately ended the call and turn around and see Sunggyu samchon standing at the corner. I put my phone back in my pocket and I see samchon walking closer to me, he took a sit on the chair and motioned for me to sit down also and I feel like my heart is gonna break my chest from how fast it’s beating. Aish I’ll seriously kill those guys if Sunggyu samchon find out about this. As I took a sit I look down and stare at my lap I can’t really think of any good excuse. 

Sunggyu- Minsoo what were you and Baekhyun talking about? Ask me what? 

Uh... I bit my lower lips as I look at samchon and I see him staring at me 

Sunggyu- Minsoo you know you can always ask me for anything right? You don’t have to be worried 

Nothing samchon... 

Sunggyu- Minsoo 

Uhm well... I kinda want this game but it won’t be sold here in Korea until mid next year. It’s gonna be on sale next month in US. I didn’t want to ask Appa to buy it for me so I asked them for some help but they also can’t think of any ways and when I said I’m with you today they said I should ask you

I said as I lied to samchon not really wanting him to know the truth. I’m sure samchon would support me and wouldn’t tell appa about it but I’m just not ready for them to know I’m playing guitar. And technically I’m not lying since I really want this game but it’s not gonna be sold here until next year and I can’t really preorder it since it would still take months for it to arrive. I look at Sunggyu samchon and see him staring at me trying to see if I was lying. I see him took a deep breathe and relax 

Sunggyu- aigoo... You worry about the silliest things my dear nephew. Ok tell me the game and I would take care of that for you. 

Really samchon? 

Sunggyu- of course anything for you and Sungjun 

Thank you samchon 

Sunggyu- aigoo just make sure to study well. I’ve heard you’re top of your class again

I guess I am 

Sunggyu- that’s good, keep on doing a great job Minsoo. I’m really proud of you I’m sure your dad is also proud of you. 

Mhm... 

Not really sure if he is proud of me. Appa never told me he is ever since umma’s gone. He hardly cares about us in fact, I don’t know what happened that he suddenly remembers he has Sungjun and I. I was almost used to the fact that we are just his second priority it would always be work first before us. He is around but I can’t really say he is here or near us but I can see he is really trying to make it up to us now I just don’t know if I should fully trust him again. 

Sunggyu- Minsoo-ah... Minsoo

Ne samchon? 

Sunggyu- what’s the matter? 

Nothing samchon I was just excited 

Sunggyu- aigoo... So tell me you really went to Pyeongchang? What did you do there? 

Ne samchon, we followed Appa I was actually shocked that he didn’t mind us following him 

Sunggyu- he didn’t? 

Yeah, and he was suppose to have a two day meeting but when we arrive there he just worked for the whole day and then the next day he spent it with us

Sunggyu- I see that’s good! Did you have fun spending time with your Appa? 

I guess, I had fun snowboarding. 

Sunggyu- your appa went snowboarding with you? 

Yeah he even joined our snowball fight.

Sunggyu- really? That’s good just give your Appa a chance Minsoo ne? See he is trying to make it up to you and Sungjun 

I... 

Sunggyu- I know you’re mad at your father’s previous actions but he is trying to make it right now so give him a chance ne? And whatever his actions in the past he has reason I’m sure eventually he will tell it to you so that you would understand him and I'm not saying this because I'm on his side or anything your father has a reasons why he did those things, I'm saying this because I want you to give your father a chance and not shut him off. Just don’t push your appa away

He was the one who pushed us away 

Sunggyu- I know but he’s trying to make it right now. So please Minsoo? At least do it for me?

I... 

Sunggyu- if you were hurt and hurting did you not think your father isn’t? He is also having a hard time so give him a chance ne?

I look at samchon for a long while without saying anything, because is it really possible for Appa to be pained also? Did he also had a hard time? Should I really believe on him again? I know I told Sungjong-ssi that I’ll give appa and him a chance but I still really don’t know if I should. I’m just tired, I don’t know what to think anymore. I hear samchon release a deep sigh as he stand up 

Sunggyu-think about it ne Minsoo-ah? Don’t be too hard on your father, let him make it up to you and Sungjun. Anyway go clean up and go to sleep we have to go back to Seoul tomorrow because if not your father might kill me and broadcast that I kidnaped you two 

Ne samchon goodnight 

Sunggyu- mhm goodnight I hope you had fun today 

I did samchon thank you for bringing us here and for the gifts you gave 

Sunggyu- you’re welcome and anything for you Minsoo I’m always here for you two okay? 

Ne samchon 

Sunggyu- okay go clean up your change of clothes are already in your room 

I went to the room where samchon put Sungjun in and I saw him sleeping real good as he hug his stuff toy. I’m actually amazed that he didn’t throw a tantrum about missing Sungjong-ssi but I guess he was really preoccupied earlier and when we got to the car he was also pretty sure tired from all the running he did. I went to the bathroom and clean myself up and once I’m done I grab the clothes samchon bought and put it on. I went and sat beside Sungjun and started fumbling on my phone and play a some songs lowly 

HYUNGIE!!!!!!!! 

I instantly opened my eyes as I hear Sungjun screamed and sat up looking on both my side really worried about my little brother but later on I hear him laugh loudly and I see him sitting on top of the pillows and not a scratch or bruise on him and I groan as I slump down on the bed again grab the pillow and covered my face with it not wanting to see the pesky chipmunk. But the moment my head got covered by the pillow I feel the bed bouncing and he was shouting. 

STOP IT SUNGJUN! 

Sungjun- hyungie wake up! 

No

Sungjun- HYUNGIE!!!!! 

UGH STOP IT! Let me sleep! It’s still too early! 

Sungjun- ANIYOOOO! It’s 12 pm already! Gyugyu samchon said we go home already! Ppali! Junnie wants to see Jjongie umma already! 

I’m still sleepy. 

Sungjun- hyungie!!! 

I threw the pillow on him but the little chipmunk manage to dodge it so I grab his hand and pulled him down, I wrap both my arms and leg around his body and made him stop jumping as I close my eyes again and try to sleep but it’s really useless because he still try to break away from my hug and if I’m gonna be honest my drowsiness is already down the drain because of this pesky chipmunk, I was gonna unwrap my arm around him when I feel my arm all wet and when I look at him I see him my arms and I instantly let go of him 

SUNGJUN!!!!!!! 

Sungjun- kekekeke that’s what you get for holding me down hyungie kekekeke

You’re so gross! Aish! And you didn’t even brush your teeth yet!!

Sungjun- kekekeke 

You’re so dead come here! 

Sungjun- GYUGYU SAMCHON HELP!

He then get off the bed as he then started running and screaming for samchon’s name. Why do I have an annoying brother? Why didn’t I got a well behaved and less annoying brother? I could have had a baby sister but I got him. Why? Aish! I stood up and went to the bathroom and started taking a shower because Sungjun saliva really stinks. I was almost done brushing my teeth when I hear Sungjun banging on my door again telling me to be faster because he wants to go home and see his “Jjongie umma” I rolled my eyes as I finish brushing my teeth. 

When I went out of the bathroom I see Sungjun sitting on top of the bed while his arms are crossed and he was glaring at me and puffing his cheeks. Trying to look mad and intimidating but he comes out as a chipmunk who looks hungry. I laugh at that thought and shake my head I went to the night stand and grab my phone and put it on my pocket I hear him exhale exaggeratedly obviously wanting me to ask him why he’s like that I walk towards him and took a sit beside him 

What’s your problem? 

Sungjun- hyungie not moving fast! Junnie wants to go home fast! 

If you didn’t my arm I wouldn’t take a long time showering. 

Sungjun- But hyungie won’t wake up! 

Aish... Well I’m done let’s go. 

Sungjun- hyungie piggyback Junnie 

I don’t want to

Sungjun- HYUNGIEEEEEE

Aish this chipmunk is lucky that I’m in a good mood and that he is my only brother because if not I would just ignore him. I kneel down and I hear him clap excitedly as he got on my back, I hold his legs as I then slowly stand up I adjusted his grip on my neck because if not I’ll die from suffocation. He might be small but boy can this chipmunk hold on tight, when we walk out of the room I see samchon talking to his phone

When we saw us he look at us questionably but nonetheless keep on talking on his phone as he point the sandwich on the coffee table. I put Sungjun down first and then grab the sandwich because if not I’m sure samchon would be mad especially when I skip eating breakfast with them. When I’m done with my sandwich samchon also finished talking to his phone and Sungjun was bouncing up and down because he’s excited to go back home and see Sungjong-ssi and appa. 

It was around 4 pm when we arrive home and when we arrive Sungjong-ssi was waiting for us by the foyer and when he saw us enter the door somehow I see him lighten up it was weird but somehow it warmed me up in a way that I don’t know how to explain. Sungjun immediately jump onto Sungjong-ssi and it was good that he caught my hyperactive brother.

Sungjun nuzzle onto Sungjong-ssi as they hugged tightly like they were separated for months or years even. I was about to pass by them and head to my room when Sungjong-ssi stop me and I look at him, he was still holding on to Sungjun but he then used his right hand and caress my cheeks as he smiled softly at me.  

Sungjong- welcome home Minsoo-ah 

Yeah... I immediately shifted my gaze on the floor not wanting to show how he caught me off guardedly. 

Sungjong- did you eat? 

Yeah on the train

Sungjong- that’s good but if you want snacks I made cookies 

Ok... Uhh I’ll go to my room and rest for a while

Sungjong- okay but first wash your hand and change your clothes okay? 

I just nod at him as I then walk towards the stairs and head to my room, I dropped all bag and things on the floor and then head towards the bathroom as I wash my hands and face and I look at my reflection and what happened earlier was what I saw, the way Sungjong-ssi smiled at me like he missed me too and how it feels good to have someone greet me back home I shake my head and took off my jacket and put it in the hamper and head towards my bed and dive face first on my bed. 

I feel someone caressing my head I tried moving away and swat the hand away but no avail so I open my eyes and see it was Sungjong-ssi, he’s sitting on my bed as he caress my head and when he saw me wake up he smiled at me. I didn’t know I doze off, I look at the side of my bed and see it was 6 pm. I rub my eyes as I sat up and stretch my arms

Sungjong- tired? 

Mhm

Sungjong- want to come with us to the grocery? 

No 

Sungjong- you’ll be the only one here. 

Appa? 

Sungjong- he said he’ll be driving Sungjun and I to the grocery store, you should come with us

Do I have to?

Sungjong- yes please and so that you can tell me which brand you use and what you want. 

Not like I can buy chips or chocolates 

Sungjong- leave that to me okay? So you’ll come right 

I guess 

Sungjong- okay get ready, I’ll dress Sungjun and we will leave your appa is already waiting for us. 

Okay

When he left my room I then stand up and head to the bathroom and brush my teeth. Once I got a new jacket I went down and head to the living room and see appa sitting on his usual chair as he drinks some tea, I see he was looking at his phone. Seeing him

Please log in to read the full chapter