First Day

After Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that sudden conversation, Lay had been asking Kara to go here and there with her. Even accompanied him printing with his childhood friend also. They always went with three people or more. Yeah, this is better, she thought. Fortunately, since she was in college now, her friends didn’t ask her too much why she spent time with Lay more and else.

“Best friend,” she said when one person in class asked her. Maybe she wanted to gossip about it with her friend, tsk, like I care.

Jongdae was deserved to be told this whole story by Kara, but Jongdae understood it since he saw it by himself that Kara had always spent time with Lana family for 7 years now. He didn’t think he should be all suspicious about it. Since Lay and Kara knew what it felt like to lost their important friend…well more than important, special, loved-ones. It was understandable. Jongdae thought it would be wrong if suddenly Lay showed a public display affection to Kara in front of anyone.

Glad that Lay wasn’t that kind of person. Public display affection? Lay thought it was an improper things to do in front of others. But if people showed it in front of him, he wouldn’t mind. He didn’t care anyway but he definitely didn’t want to do those kind of things with his future girlfriend.

And since that day, Lay became more open-hearted with Kara about what was in his thought, what he felt. Kara understood him step by step. After years she had known him, but this kind of insights were like first time for her. Well, all of those years were too awkward for her (but didn’t know what Lay thought about it).

What Kara knew that is Lay was still in hard time to forget Lana. Lay confessed that he secretly cried, even Kara witnessed it too that Lay was still uploading pictures with his sister. How much he missed her. He missed her so much.

That was out of her control, she couldn’t control what other felt anyway. They chose their own to felt that way. What Kara could do just pray for him to be strong.

Even Kara herself, sometimes she wanted to cry. She had shed her tears but she managed to stop it. She knew she couldn’t be sad like this because Lana was already up there, happily. Why should Kara be in sadness over and over again? That’s what Kara thought to get rid of her sadness.

...

Lay was asking Kara to accompany him to get a new drawing book. Since she had her free time, she just joined him. But now, it was the two of them. Only the two of them.

Kara felt a bit uncomfortable, awkward by it. Didn’t know why. It was just her. If she went with Jongdae just the two of them it was comfortable and not awkward. Maybe it was because Kara still thought Lay as a stranger or just friend not bestfriend? Maybe. Thinking of that Kara didn’t think Lay as a bestfriend though, just a bestfriend’s older brother. And she was not talking much with Lay about what she thought or what she felt, opposite of what Lay did to her.

While Lay was looking for the good drawing book, Kara spent her time in novel area. Maybe she could buy one since she had no novel left to read. Kara likes to read, a lot. Especially novels. In romantic genre, in political genre, she liked it.

He was finished that went to Kara. She likes novel, then. It was another thing he knew from here and he observed her expression, her seriousity when it came to thing she liked. Same like when she eats an ice cream. He smiled.

She noticed that someone stood in line with her, or apparently she noticed that someone had been looking her. Kara stayed cool but then looked to her side. “Oh, it’s you,” she said. Lay just smiled. Then Kara focused again on her realm.

“You like it so much?” Lay asked her suddenly. He was so curious about her likes and dislikes. He realized that he didn’t know much about her. But she said so herself that she was one of my sister, he chuckled.

“Yeah. It’s fun. It kills time,” she answered him shortly. When she fell into her world, she didn’t pay attention to other. Sometimes it was good for her own time, but it was bad if she didn’t respond when she was called. That’s why Lana sometimes shouted here and there when with her, he laughed again. Remembering a memory when Kara came to his house, in Lana’s ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter