The Starter

After Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kara went to fast food restaurant because she wanted burger soooo much. And… ice cream. It was her own time without friend joined her in. Well… it was mostly because she rejected them softly, like:

“Oh, what are you doing after this, Kara-ya?” her friend Cathy asked her and she saw Cathy with a group of people which she deducted that they wanted to go somewhere.

“Go home, rest haha,” she answered.

“Just come and join with us, will you? It’s been long you didn’t join with us,” Cathy said and asked her like desperately…maybe not. They really wanted Kara to join.

Kara just smiled, “Sorry, I can’t,” she spoke sadly like she really really could not go. “Anyway because of one mistake, I have to take care of my task once again,” she excused herself. Actually she could make her time to go with them.

“Oh, pity you,” Cathy pat Kara’s back. “Anyway, if you wanna join just join us anytime!”

“Where are you going?” suddenly Kara asked that kind of question, because she already had a plan for herself, she made sure she didn’t have to meet them at the same place then her excuse would all be useless.

“Oh, we’re going to FIC Mall,” Cathy said. Kara nodded and was glad that Cathy and group would go there. It was pretty far from here. It meant she could go eat burger alone and ice cream alone, HAHAHAH *evil laugh*. That’s why they go in group too, Kara deducted for the availability of transportation.

“Oh, I see. Okay then, sorry if I can’t join you guys. I have to go. See ya!” she said it once again and they parted ways. Kara hurriedly went to home first then to the restaurant later. Because her home was near the campus and fast food restaurant, she could take her time there.

Burger already in the table with fried, this was what she called happiness for a while. Anyway, she was happy. Then she recognized a man’s voice ordering on the cashier. Good thing that she chose her seat in a place rarely saw by customers. And the restaurant was not so packed, so she thought that he wouldn’t come here.

“Oh, Kara-ya,” the man called her. She was wrong. She grunted inside her heart then she just smiled for greeting right away. “You alone?” the man brought his tray and stood beside her. “Can I join you?” this was a question she couldn’t avoid. If she said no, then her thought would be filled with her impoliteness with stranger like: was I too much? If I say no, how can I meet him tomorrow?

“Yeah, of course,” in the end she said that. She couldn’t refuse. The man sat in front of him and began to eat his food. Kara did the same too.

“It’s a rare thing to see you alone here. Where are your friends?” he asked.

She answered it calmly, “Oh they went to the mall.” Then he nodded his head. He didn’t ask any further again, afraid that it would make her flustered. Maybe she just wants to be alone…ah…why did I disturb her from the start! He regretted his action.

“Sorry if I disturb you,” he suddenly said that and Kara was flustered by that.

“Oh, no, not at all! Suit yourself,” Kara said to him. Yeah, if she said yeah it could worsen their friendship.

Kara then silently analyzed him. Lay. The man in front of him. His lonely gaze. Is he too lonely or is it my own opinion? Then she shook her head. Lay noticed this and raised his eyebrows.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter