Before All Things Started

After Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Months passed. Lay was already adapted to the situation where Lana was not there. Where Lana was not accompanying him to the printing office (Lay is an art student. His digital art is known to have a great creativity) or when he just wanted to hang out with her.

Kara was the same too. She already adapted with hanging out with her other friend. But no one was as best as Lana, but she was thankful. There was still Lana’s family welcoming her widely.

These days Kara thought of how Lana’s family was facing so much things. She imagined if they would spent holidays without Lana, doing anything without Lana, having a birthday party without Lana. How lonely that was… maybe. She even thought how lonely that was to Lay oppa, because he was an only child then and no siblings accompanied him even though he has relatives but not all of them available for him, right?

Kara went to the campus library to find a peace of mind since she didn’t have any class and her classroom was so noisy and she couldn’t stand that. As she went in, she found Lay was sitting there alone, reading. It’s been a while since she didn’t meet him, so she went to him.

“Alone?” she said and Lay set aside his book to look to her. He nodded. “Can I join you? I’m not going to be noisy,” she already said her condition than Lay gave an allowing sign to her. “Thanks,” then she sat and did her task.

They didn’t talk. Nothing could be talked anyway. Kara had spoken to Lay few times, even had hung out with him and Lana but Kara still feel an awkwardness between them although they could converse well non-stop.

“Task?” Lay broke the ice, Kara looked to him a while and nodded. He saw her task, calculating here and there. “I forgot you took the same major as Lana,” her friend’s name being mentioned again she was in sudden shock. “Accounting, right?” Lay talked about it (looks like) comfortably.

“Yeah,” she couldn’t answer him better than that. She wanted to ask him something but she was thinking whether she should ask this or not. She was afraid if anything bad happens after she asked about it. But, she shoot it anyway…carefully. “Lay oppa,” she called him.

“Yeah?” he looked to her, expecting what she would say after this. “What’s up?”

“Hm… about Lana’s things…” she said it. Finally. Carefully.

Lay was in silent for a minute then answered her, “It is given to people who need it. Why? Do you wanna take some?” he asked and Kara shook her head.

“No, I just want to know,” she said. Lay nodded his head and got back to his activity. And they went to silent again.

Too tired of those activities in campus, Kara laid herself down in her bed. Staring the ceiling, found a peace for her mind. Exhaled and closed her eyes. She let much breath came out from . Task here and there, she had to count from beginning again because of one small mistake that completely affected the whole calculation. Sometimes she wondered why she took this major.

Resting her mind for a bit, she looked to the galleries inside her phone. Even looked on her instagram. Photos of her, even Lana was still in there and Lana’s account was not inactivated. It was just stay like that. Kara looked at each photos carefully. The c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter