This Time is Real

After Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kara realized they didn’t talk about Lana at all. In a few days, it will be a year when Lana passed away but Lay didn’t bring that talk up. And Kara seemed to forget it too because of her activities in campus, but she still remembered her dearest friend. It was another thing she felt, not talking about Lana. On the other side, it was a good thing to not bring it up, afraid the opposite might cry again.

“Hey,” Jinyoung tapped her shoulder. Kara turned back to see him. She smiled. “How was your day?” he asked.

“Fine, a lot better, I guess,” she said.

“Good to hear that from you,” Jinyoung seemed to want to say another thing because of a sudden awkwardness between them. Kara couldn’t help but staring at him, wondered what he was going to say. “You know, next week it will be a year…” she nodded, understood. “You come?” Jinyoung straight to the point.

“I might be,” she answered. “Why?”

“Well, Lay’s family definitely come, to change the flower also,” he continued. Kara sensed where this conversation was going to.

“We’re fine,” Kara said out of the blue. Jinyoung looked to her and nodded.

“Good then,” he relieved. Afraid that they were going into fight again. “Don’t fight too much,” he said and left. Kara looked at him strangely, sighed and smirked. She didn’t need that advice again at a time like this. Where everything was okay.

She went to the cafeteria to meet with Jongdae. She searched for him from a far and found him talking… with Lay. Kara was still doubting of going there. But, she decided to go.

“Hey,” she said to Jongdae. He was surprised and Lay did too, but his facial expression much more composed than Jongdae. “Strange, you are,” Kara said to the point and Jongdae just chuckled. She took a seat beside him, facing Lay. “I’m gonna buy food,” Kara went and both guys exhaled.

“Almost,” Jongdae said. “I was just about saying important thing,” he continued. Lay just chuckled. “When do you want to confess to her?”

“When the time is right,” Lay said and sipped his coke. Then, Kara got back to their seat and placed her tray.

“You guys don’t eat?” Kara asked randomly.

“No,” both replied the same which made Kara looked to them strangely again.

“O…kay,” she answered.

“Oh yeah, Kara-ya,” Lay said. Kara looked to him. Jongdae just watched this scene.

“Next week… you know it, right?” he asked and Kara knew what he meant. She nodded. “Just go together with us, if that’s okay with you,” he offered.

“Okay,” Kara replied right away. Lay just smiled.

...

That week was coming. The day was starting. Kara already prepared. She went to his house where she could see from outside they were pretty busy of flowers, because the door was opened. “Excuse me,” Kara said and Lay’s dad was coming out to greet her. “Hello, sir,” Kara greeted him and he pat her back.

“Good, Kara-ya?” his dad asked and Kara just nodded with a smile. His mom was busy too inside of finishing light house chores before going.

“C’mon, mom, that can be done later!” Lay reminded his mom of the time.

“Just be patient anyway, Lay,” his mom replied him. He couldn’t say anything again. “You came,” he said to Kara after saw her standing, about to greet his mom. His mom saw her and left the dishes she was doing, hugging her. “Wait for a minute, okay dear,” she said and Kara just sat down in the couch waiting for them. Well, his mom only. His dad and Lay already finished with their business. “Okay, let’s go,” his mom said after 5 minutes.

“Are the others coming?” Kara asked to his mom. “I mean like Jinyoung, Nara, and Yoojung,” she added.

“They will,” Lay answered. It was Lay who drove while the parents sat in the back. Kara sat on the passenger seat again with different situation, which she thought it was awkward.

The graveyard was quiet,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter