Just a Beginning

After Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Preparation was all done. Food, served. Punch, served. DJ, available. Last thing missed was the audience, the party-goer. Joohyuk and the committees already finished and waited for them to come. He called Kara first, “Yeah, I’m almost there,” Kara answered. Joohyuk sighed of relief.

“Just come quickly here,” he said and hung up the phone. Then he called his best friend and former vice president of his, Wooyoung. “Where are you now?”

“Waiting for my sister,” Wooyoung replied.

“Okay, then,” Joohyuk hung up again. He kept calling friends one by one.

Lay was already in front of Kara’s house and she just needed one last pair of shoes to finish her look. “What take you so long?” Lay said in front of her door. She didn’t let Lay in, made him waited outside.

“A minute,” finally Kara found her shoes and opened the door. “Sorry,” she chuckled. They went to the car. Lay didn’t even notice what dress Kara wore, didn’t even notice her beauty. Kara didn’t think about it, but she was nervous if people would see her later.

“It will be fun,” Kara said it excitingly, Lay just smiled. It’s been a while since Lay saw Kara’s exciting expression, it was the first time since Lana passed away. It was good for them. Then Joohyuk texted Kara which said that Wooyoung’s older sister would come. At first, Kara couldn’t connect what message he wanted to say until Joohyuk said it once again that Lay would meet his ex. “Oh yeah! I remember!” she exclaimed. Lay was curious.

“What is it?” he asked. Kara was flustered, didn’t know if she should say it or not.

“Do you really want to know?” she asked him for a confirmation.

“If you can’t tell me, it’s okay,” Lay answered. She sighed, and decided to keep it for minutes. Kara didn’t know how Lay and his ex broke up, she just knew it from Lana. And his ex was very close to Nara and Jinyoung. Lay, Jinyoung, and his ex were once a classmate and somehow Lay ended going out with her. Kara thought whole school knew about it, even Kara. And his ex was kind, she didn’t find any bad intention on her.

They arrived at the location. The seniors were already arrived. It was just a normal formal party. Not very formal either. Lay and Kara walked in and as soon as they were in, their dearest friends came to them. Kara was taken by the girls to talk and started gossiping. Lay already with Jinyoung and other of his friends.

“Kara-ya!” Joohyuk called. He stood near the buffet table with Wooyoung, drank their punch. Wooyoung just smiled teasingly and Kara looked strangely at him, he just chuckled. “Let’s see a performance, shall we?” he said, full of hidden meaning. She raised her eyebrows.

“What performance?” she asked.

“There,” Wooyoung pointed at his sister who was the ex of Lay. Kara just nodded. “Interesting, isn’t it?” he said. Kara just chuckled. “Looks like they didn’t talk much anymore, but my sister came to Lana’s cemetery, remember?” Wooyoung asked her and Kara just nodded. “Anything didn’t happen between you and Lay?” then he asked directly.

“Not at all, until now,” she answered it confidently.

“But you don’t know what will happen in the next minute,” he said again and Kara didn’t answer anything. Because their school just filled with at least 50 students in each lifting, it was easy to know who was with who, who was breaking up, who was in fight, and so on. Lana didn’t tell anything when Lay broke up with his ex. She didn’t care about it anyway.

“I heard that the reason they broke up because Lay thought my sister as a substitute,” Wooyoung said and Kara looked at him with her unbelieving eyes.

“No way,” she said. “Why, anyway?” she started to want to listen to the reason. Wooyoung just chuckled and Joohyuk just shook his head.

“He couldn’t forget about you,” he said it and Kara just gasped and shook her head.

“Get out, no way,” she didn’t want to believe what Wooyoung just said. “Anyway, stop joking. And take care of your girlfriend who is pretty similar like Erna,” Kara back and Joohyuk just laughed. Then Kara went to the girls again.

Jongdae just took his time speaking to other friends. Kara and Jongdae hadn’t talked since they came in. Sungjae came too and Kara’s friends were still teasing her with Sungjae. She just could respond it with shaking her head and chuckled.

Secretly, Lay looked at her, found a good spot to stand and talking with friends. He didn’t need to find for his ex. They were good friends, that was enough. He stared at Kara then back to Sungjae, he did it back and forth. Jongdae, who was talking in Sungjae’s circle, with friends around him teasing Sungjae with Kara too, just coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter