War II

Every Minute Counts

In the next few weeks both competitors have been trying their best to get more of Chorong's attention.

 

"Chorong ah~ I'm still struggling to find my way around Korea and I really want to go to these places, will you go with me?"

"Arraso oppa."

 

"Unnie! I didn't get what we learned in class,will you tutor me? Pleeeease?"

"If you paid attention, you might understand!"

"Unnie!"

"Your house after school."

 

"Chorongie, I bought you your favorite chicken feet!"

"Waaaaaaa! Thanks oppa!"


-------

 

"Unnie! Unnie! I really wanna go horseback riding today after school. Will you go with me?" Bomi ran up to ask Chorong during lunch.

 

“Horseback riding? Since when were you into that?” Chorong asked with a confused look on her face.

 

“I felt a connection with the horse unnie! It’ll be fun! Let’s go!” Bomi was excited about both the possibility of spending time with Chorong and the new experience of riding a horse.

 

Chorong smiled at the cute Bomi, “It’s kinda short notice Bbom ah… but… I’ll go with you.” Chorong was just glad that the Bomi that she has known and loved was back to her usual self and no longer avoiding her.

 

“Yeah! Unnie! You’re the best!” Bomi ran up and gave Chorong a hug.

 

Upon receiving the hug, Chorong was a little flustered. They have had hugs before but this somehow felt different. It’s probably because I’ve missed her. I’m glad she’s back to normal now.

 

Bomi’s heart skipped a beat upon realizing what she has just done. This was their first skinship after Bomi had figured out her own feelings. Bomi quickly released Chorong from her embrace causing them both to feel a little bit disappointed. Bomi’s face was a shade of pink as she quickly said to Chorong as normally as possible, “I know the perfect place unnie! This is going to be so much fun!”


------
 

“Ahhhhhhh!! Bbom ah!” Chorong’s high pitched scream could be heard as she was chased by one of the horses.

 

“Come on unnie! It’s just being friendly.” Bomi laughed at how cute Chorong was. She was excited to be able to spend time with Chorong and being the adventurous kid she was, excited to ride a horse too.

 

Chorong pouted at Bomi’s response but was happy that she had time to spend with her best friend.

 

“I’ll show you how this works unnie! I’ll go first!” Bomi thumped her chest confidently and proudly. “I felt a connection with the horse!”

 

Chorong couldn’t help but smile at Bomi. She was a little nervous that Bomi would get hurt but she was confident that Bomi would do well. She always did… as long as it didn’t have anything to do with studying.

 

Bomi got on the horse and got startled when the horse started moving already.

“Woaahhhhh, Wooooahhhhhh~~~” Bomi exclaimed.

The look on her face was priceless as Chorong doubled over in laughter.

 

“Woahhh… Woahh…. Wait!!” Bomi was on the verge of tears.

 

Chorong couldn’t stop laughing as she looked at the scene in front of her. She hasn’t laughed so much in a while. Bbom ah, why do you have to be so cute>.< Chorong didn’t know what it was but she always felt a strong sense of protectiveness when she was around Bomi. Maybe it was because Bomi has always been there to protect her, but Chorong also always made an effort to look out for this younger girl.

 

“Bbom ah, are you OK?” Chorong asked Bomi with a concerned voice yet still unable to stop smiling/laughing.

 

“Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh~~~~~~~~”


------
 

Chorong was much calmer when riding the horse and unlike Bomi, did not end up in tears.

 

The two had a lot of fun together but Bomi was more than a bit disappointed in herself. How could I cry in front of Unnie? Unnie must think I’m such a baby now… Yoon Bomi what is wrong with you!

 

It was around seven when they walked away from the farm.

 

“Do you wanna grab something to eat before we head home unnie?”

 

“Sure.” Chorong responded.

 

“Where do you want to go unnie? My treat!”

 

Chorong thought for a second before responding, “we’re near the school now anyways, why don’t we just stop by the cafe?”

 

Not wanting to be disturbed by a certain guy, and also trying to avoid seeing Eunji’s witch of a girlfriend, Bomi had other ideas. “Unnie, I want dukbokki!”

 

“Aish! I thought you were asking me what I wanted Bomi yah!” Chorong jokingly pouted at Bomi.

 

“Come on unnie let’s go!”

 

The two girls walked to a stand by the school.

 

“Three servings of dukbokki please!” Bomi yelled out to the ahjumma.

 

“Why do we need three servings?” Chorong asked Bomi

 

“Unnie! Do you understand how much energy riding that horse took me? I’m basically drained! Plus, I’m a growing girl!”

 

Thinking back to the scene at the farm, Chorong started laughing again. Knowing that Chorong was laughing at her, Bomi furrowed her brows and said, “Unnie! Stop laugh---”

 

“Hey! Didn’t expect to see you guys here!”

 

“Ah! Oppa!” Chorong stood up with a bright smile.

 

Bomi scowled. Just my luck to meet him here. She too turned around. “Yo.”

 

“Bomi! What a pleasure to see you.” His tone was considerably different from when he was talking to Chorong however.

 

Sensing the tension between the two yet not knowing why, Chorong tried to soothe the situation. “Oppa, why don’t you join us? Bomi ordered three servings anyways.”

 

“Really? Wow thanks!” Turning to Bomi “Would that be OK with you Bomi?” In the few weeks that they’ve gotten to “know” each other, Yifan has stopped calling Bomi “Bomi ssi,” upon Eunji and Chorong’s request as it was awkward.

 

“Be my guest.” Bomi said in a less than welcoming tone.


-----
 

After finishing up their food, during which most of the talking was done by Chorong, the three decided to walk home together. Bomi decided to send Chorong home first so she could confront her competitor.

 

“Bye unnie! See you tomorrow at school!” Bomi waved at Chorong cheerfully.

 

“Sleep well Chorongie! Be sure to get your beauty rest! Don’t study too much!” Yifan smiled and patted Chorong’s head.

 

Bomi glared at him. He’s doing it again! He’s definitely trying to one up me. That guy! And why is he calling her Chorongie??? And he’s patting her head again! Get your dirty hands off of my Chorong!

 

“OK Bbom ah, see you! And thank you oppa! Remember to review the things I’ve gone over with you!” Chorong then proceeded to enter her house.

 

The two that remained stood watching for a while before slowly walking away. The awkwardness and tension between the two could be seen by anyone who walked by.

 

“You know, Yifan (ugh that name is disgusting), this can’t go on. Chorong unnie is mine and only mine. Maybe you should back off.” Bomi stopped walking to face the tall boy and broke the silence between them.

 

“How do you know that she’s yours? As far as I know, you guys aren’t a couple and will never be a couple as long as I’m here.” Yifan replied looking down at Bomi with a smug look on his face. “You know, I’m pretty sure she’s never demonstrated any interest towards you as anything more than a friend. Me, on the other hand, well… I seem to be the first guy that Chorong has gotten close to. I think I have the better chance at this point. Maybe it’s better for you to give up now.”

 

Bomi was furious. How could someone who says they’re a foreign exchange student speak Korean so well?

 

“Oh! As for that, yes I am indeed a foreign exchange student, but I’ve been in Korea for over two years now. My Korean is pretty decent I think.” Unconsciously, Bomi has said her thoughts out loud.
 

 

Bomi wanted to punch the guy standing in front of her. “You lied to Chorong unnie to get close to her!”

 

 

“I didn’t lie! I AM a Chinese-Canadian foreign exchange student. And I DID just move to this school.” Yifan retaliated full of confidence.

 

 

Bomi has had enough. Taking a deep breath, Bomi said to Yifan, “Only one of us will survive. And as far as I’m concerned that’s going to be me. But to make sure you understand fully that I have won and this competition has ended I'm telling you now. The last battle is tomorrow.”

 

Yifan grinned. Finally! I will definitely win this war! “Good call Bomi ah, me. you. tomorrow after school in the park. Do not bring anyone with you.”

 

A/N Update! This chapter is kind of rough but hopefully you guys like it! My brain’s not really working properly now though since I’m sick. Thanks so much for keeping up with this! A little bit more Chomi action here. Comment what you guys think will happen between Bomi and Yifan! Who will win?