War

Every Minute Counts

Bomi spent the next few days going over her thoughts and at the same time avoiding Chorong, which in turn made Chorong worried.

 

"Is Bomi OK?..." Chorong said out loud during lunch when Bomi was once again not present. Her and Eunji were sitting with Yifan and some of his friends since their table felt empty without the presence of the ever talkative Bomi.

 

"She'll be fine!" Yifan responded to Chorong reassuringly. "You guys are best friends, she'll definitely tell you if there was something wrong." While Bomi wasn't around these couple of days, Chorong and Yifan had gotten a lot closer. Since Chorong no longer had Bomi to talk to and Eunji was always busy with some girl named Son Naeun, Chorong had found Yifan to spend time with.

 

Keeping true to his promise to Bomi, Yifan was more than happy with the current development of his and Chorong's relationship. Bomi had simply made it easier for him to get closer with the girl that he wanted.

 

Chorong at this point was genuinely concerned. Never before has Bomi seemed so distant. She missed having the younger girl around her continuously pestering her. She hasn't realized before, maybe because Bomi was always there, but something just felt off without Bomi. She felt kind of... empty.

 

"Hey! Wanna go to the cafe again so we can talk? I'll teach you some more Chinese too!" Seeing as Chorong was about to reject him he added, "my treat!"



 

Meanwhile Bomi was walking around the school by herself. She'd been going through everything she knows to figure out her own feelings. What did Yifan mean by what he said?

"Don’t worry anymore! I’ll always be here to protect you!"

Bomi remembered the words that she had told Chorong the first day they met each other.

How long have I felt this way about her? That smile! Could it be that... why had it taken me so long to figure it out?

 

Upon realizing her real feelings, Bomi decided that she couldn't let that Yifan guy win the war as soon as it had started. Unless Chorong told her herself that she didn't like Bomi then Bomi was going to continue to fight for her.



 

Bomi decided to meet up with Eunji at the Cafe after school to tell Eunji about her feelings. Eunji really agreed as she hasn't had a proper conversation with her 93-line best friend for days.

 

"A small iced coffee please." Bomi ordered without lifting her head from her phone. "Two sugars"she added.

 

"Hey! You're Eunji unnie's weird friend!" A girl's voice came from behind the counter.

 

The voice sound familiar for some reason and Bomi lifted her head and scowled. It was the rude girl from the last time she was here. Remind me not to come here next time Bomi thought to herself.

 

"Is Eunji Unnie coming too?"the girl behind the counter asked Bomi excitedly. Bomi could see the twinkle in her eyes every time she mentioned Eunji and in turn Bomi thought that this girl was the one that was weird.

 

"I believe I just ordered my coffee. Could I please get it before it turns cold?" Bomi questioned,completely ignoring the question that the girl behind the counter had just ask her.

 

"Didn't she just order an iced coffee? Isn't it suppose to be cold? This girl..." the girl mumbled to herself. However, she quickly made the coffee and handed it over. Bomi walked away without saying another word. Truthfully speaking, Bomi was still holding a grudge against her.

 

As she sat down Eunji entered the cafe and sat in front of Bomi in a hurry, surprising Bomi a little bit.

 

"Bomi yah~ we haven't talked for real in so long! I have so much to tell you!" Eunji said to Bomi excitedly.

 

Bomi smiled at Eunji's brightness. She really had missed Eunji and Chorong's company the last couple of days. "I missed you Eunji yah~" Bomi responded happily. Despite sitting near each other in class, Bomi had been uncharacteristically quiet the last couple of days.

 

"Did you know?! I got myself a girlfriend Bomi yah!"

 

Bomi was surprised, but she was also genuinely happy for her best friend. Despite being an absolute pabo, Eunji was also one of the nicest people anyone will meet. "Congrats Eunji! How'd you do it so Quickly? Is it someone I know?"

 

Eunji smiled brightly with her eye smile, "I have to thank you for this blessing Bomi! I spent the last couple of days being to know her and now we're sort of a couple."

 

Bomi hadn't seen Eunji this happy in a while so she too was really happy, but then, her expression suddenly changed. "If you were spending time with this girl,  who was Chorong unnie with then?" She must've been lonely, Bomi thought to herself. I should've been there to accompany her. Pabo, why did it take you so long to figure out your own feelings?

 

"Oh! She was fine! She's been spending some quality time with Yifan oppa."

 

Upon hearing Eunji's words, Bomi's face changed from one of concern to one of annoyance. Yifan appeared to be winning the war at this point.

 

Failing to notice the change in Bomi due to her own excitement, Eunji's eyes suddenly lit up. "There she is! Naeunah, we're over here!"

 

Bomi continued to go over in her head what Eunji had just told her. Bomi was furious with herself for letting this happen. I, Yoon Bomi, am not going to lose this war. I may have lost this battle, but victory will definitely be mine in the end.

 

Being so deep in thought, Bomi failed to notice the girl standing right in front of her.

 

"Well, Bomi unnie, I should probably introduce myself formally now. I'm Son Naeun. Nice to meet you."



 

Meanwhile in another part of the cafe.

 

"对不起(dui bu qi), that means sorry right?" Chorong has always been fascinated by different languages so Yifan's presence facilitated her opportunity to learn Chinese. At this point, Chorong and Yifan can have some brief conversations entirely in Chinese.

 

"Our Chorongie learns so quickly!" Yifan responded while patting her on the head lovingly. He has spent the last few days talking and approaching Chorong whenever he could. Yoon Bomi's absence had made it easier for him and he took it as a sign that Bomi has given up and he has won the battle.

"I have one very important phrase I haven't taught you yet!" Yifan suddenly exclaimed.

 

"What's that?" Chorong asked, very curious.

 

"我爱你(wo ai ni)," Yifan said, while looking directly into Chorong's eyes.

 

"Oppa, I already know what that means!"

 

"Come on~ just repeat it once!" Yifan used his aegyo, something he himself didn't know he could do.

 

Chorong giggled, "我爱你. "

 

Upon hearing those words coming out of Chorong's mouth Yifan couldn't help but feel his heart skip a beat. He had indirectly confessed his feelings to her and he hoped someday he could do it blatantly.



 

"Unnie! Look at that couple over there! They come to the cafe often and they make such a nice couple!" Naeun pointed out to the two older girls.

 

"Not as cute as us Naeunnie~" Eunji responded in a sweet voice. Bomi gagged while Eunji stuck her tongue out at her, "you're just jealous."

 

Bomi looked over to where Naeun had pointed towards and her eyes widened, sitting there were none other than Chorong and Yifan. Bomi watched as Yifan patted Chorong's head, something she's never done and has never been allowed to do. She was fuming.

 

The three girls continued to watch the"couple" until Naeun suddenly squealed.

 

"What's wrong Naeun ah?" Eunji asked, looking around, concerned that someone had done something to her girlfriend. Not under my watch you're not!

 

"They just said I love you too each other! That's sooooo sweet!" Naeun fangirled.

 

That was the last straw for Bomi. She slammed her hands on the table and walked over to the other table. Everyone moved out of Bomi's way as she walked over. This was the Yoon Bomi that you did not want to mess with.

 

She stood directly in front of Yifan and declared in a loud voice, "Wu Yifan, I accept your challenge. The war is just now starting. I am going to prove to you that what is mine will be mine."

 

A/N: sorry for making you guys wait OTL I'm sorry! School's killing me! But on the bright note all my papers were due this week so I'm done with that for now! Anyways as I was writing I'm realizing that there are so few Chomi interactions here... what is wrong with me? Why can't I make more of it? But well, I guess relationships are like that sometimes. I'm trying my best guys! I hope you like this chapter! Please comment to give me some suggestions!

Oh! And I missed Chorong’s birthday T.T so happy belated birthday!