Exchange Student?

Every Minute Counts

"Oh your Korean is really good then! Nice to meet you!"

 

"Haha thanks! I'm trying"

 

Hmmmph that stupid Jung Eunji making me buy her food for her without even paying me... Bomi was mentally grumbling to herself as she walked back to their booth. Is that Chorong unnie's voice I hear with a guy? Nah, it can't be... Chorong unnie doesn't really talk to anyone unless she has to... plus wasn't she mad at us a minute ago?

 

As Bomi set down the large amount of food she bought, she somehow missed the tall guy sitting across from Eunji and Chorong.

 

"Yah Bomi! Why is everything you bought the stuff you like?" Eunji whined.

 

"That's what you get for not paying me! Take it or leave it!" Thinking back to what Eunji did to her earlier, Bomi stuck out her tongue this time to get even while Eunji pouted but grabbed something to eat anyways.

 

"Sorry about that... They're always like this. Don't mind them." Bomi heard Chorong say out of the blue.

 

"It's OK! It's nice to see people interacting normally around me."

 

It is not until now that Bomi noticed the tall, handsome boy sitting next to her.

 

"Huh when did you get here? Uh... who are you? " Bomi asked as she furrowed her brows.

 

"Yah Bomi ah! Is that how you talk to someone you just meet? Be polite!" Chorong scolded Bomi gently. "Sorry oppa."

 

Oppa? Who is he? Why do they seem to be so close? How long have they known each other? Why hasn't Chorong unnie told me about him? Why do I have a weird feeling about him? These questions flooded Bomi's mind at the same time as she continued to stare at the guy sitting at their booth.

 

"It's fine. I've gotta say, I think it's the first time someone failed to see me because my height is quite tall. It's fascinating." The guy whom Bomi was staring intensely at stated in response to Chorong's apology. "Nice to meet you! You must be Bomi ssi, it's quite a pleasure to meet you!" He bowed his head a little as a way of greeting.

 

"Yeah I'm Bomi, but who are you?" Neither Eunji nor Chorong have seen Bomi like this before. She's usually the one initiating friendly conversations, but today she seemed to be pushing away someone she had just met.

 

"Oh! Sorry, that was quite impolite of me. My name is Wu Yifan. You could call me Yifan or Kris, whichever you prefer. I'm Chinese-Canadian and a new foreign exchange student." Bomi continued to look at the new individual with menacing and suspicious eyes. "Well it seems like you girls are about to eat lunch now. I'll leave you girls be then. Bye Chorong, Bye Eunji, Goodbye Bomi ssi."

 

The two two bid their farewells while Bomi remained silent.

 

Yifan got up and attempted to walk away in style but ended up knocking his knees on the table and tripping over his own feet, making Chorong giggle and Eunji Crack a smile. He looked back and scratched his head before returning to his table.

 

Did Chorong unnie just giggle?! What's so good about him? Bomi thought as she chomped down on her first bite of food. "He should've fell. That would have been funny." Bomi mumbled through a mouthful of food.

 

"What's wrong with you today Bbom ah? You're usually the one lifting the mood,why were you being so ride to Yifan oppa?" Chorong asked Bomi slightly bewildered at her behavior and the statement she just made.

 

"Yeah, what's wrong with you Bomi? Yifan oppa is a really cool guy, what'd he do to you? Chorong unnie's the antisocial one and even she likes him." Eunji stated before receiving a jab from the girl sitting next to her.

 

Chorong unnie likes him? What's this weird feeling in my stomach? Why am I like this?" Bomi herself didn't know why she behaved as she did.

 

"I'm not antisocial!" Chorong said through her teeth. "But Bbom ah, what the hell was that? "

 

"I dunno unnie," Bomi said as she took another large bite of her food yet unable to enjoy the delicious foods. She pushed the rest of the uneaten food towards Eunji and Chorong. "I dunno. I just have a really bad feeling about this guy. "



A/N Is Bomi jealous? What do you think Yifan's role in the story is? Here's another chapter for you guys! This was written fairly quickly... When I should be writing my business report... What am I doing with my life... OTL Hope y'all like it!