It all started with a smile...

Every Minute Counts

Why am I even here? Why do I have to suffer through even more school? Wasn’t six years enough? Bomi thought as she sat in the back of the room, suppressing a yawn.

 

It’s only the second month of school and already Bomi is already bored. The 12 year old Bomi is known to be hyperactive so sitting for such a long time was not her style. As she sat there doodling in her notebook, she heard the door open and looked up. In walked the principal with a cute looking girl. Bomi stopped her doodling and tried not to oggle at the girl.

 

Woah! She’s cute! And she looks so young!

 

Bomi continued to stare at the girl standing in the front of the room and failed to hear a single word that the teacher said.

The girl smiled after her introduction. That smile made Bomi’s heart flutter although she did not know why.

 

What is this? Hmmm? She’s walking towards me? Is she sitting next to me?!

 

The girl pulled out the seat next to Bomi and sat down without a word.

 

Pfft! No introductions?! Wait… what was her name?

 

As the teacher continued on with her lecture, Bomi leaned on her elbow and continued to look at the girl. Wow, she’s really pretty Bomi thought.

 

“Hey, I’m Bomi, Yoon Bomi, remember that OK! What’s your name?”

 

“...”

 

“Come on now, don’t be shy!” Bomi, being the friendly kid she was whispered to the new girl.

 

“...Park Chorong…”

 

“I bet we’ll be great friends Chorong ah!”

 

Just then, the bell rang and Chorong stood up and walked out of the classroom.

 

This year might not be so much of a bore after all! Bomi thought. This Chorong kid is definitely going to make this year much more interesting.


 

 

Coming back from her bathroom break, Chorong found all her pens and pencils scattered around and all her books on the floor. She looked around and saw some of the kids in her class smirking at her. Being the new kid, Chorong had already expected this sort of treatment. She did not like it, but it was to be expected.

 

One boy walked back and bent down next to Chorong to help her picked up her things. Or so she thought. She was about to thank him when he grabbed the glasses that Chorong was wearing.

 

“What’s up with these glasses honey? Can you see in front of you 4 eyes?” the boy mocked her.

 

“Give that back.” Chorong said.

 

The 13 year old boy was not satisfied with the response he was getting and started running around the room with her glasses. At that moment, Bomi, who had been MIA walked through the door and saw the seen.

 

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo, give Chorong her glasses back!” Bomi yelled out.

 

“Only if both of you get on your knees and bark like a dog!”

 

The interaction between the three has attracted the attention of the whole class. Bomi was always known as a friendly and cheerful girl who had a contagious smile. She was also known to be an expert in Taekwondo, however, and wasn’t afraid to use it when necessary.

 

(Insert live action scene here.)

 

“Don’t you dare touch her ever again Kim Myungsoo! And that goes toward every single one of you here! As long as I, Yoon Bomi, am here, no one is going to touch a single hair on Chorong’s body!”

 

Myungsoo whimpered as he tried to get up with the help of his friends.

 

“Are you OK? Do you need any help”

 

“Thanks Bomi ssi.”

 

“We’re definitely going to get along Chorong ah. Don’t worry anymore! I’ll always be here to protect you!”



 

 

That event had occurred three years ago, and this year, Chorong and Bomi are entering high school together, along with their friend Eunji. They’ve become good friends after their initial encounters and Chorong practically ignoring Bomi for the whole first year.

 

“Chorong ah! We’re going to be in high school! Man why do we have to spend so much time in school? There’s the whole world out there for us to explore! I mean, I could be watching TV or eating buddaejigae or…”

 

“YOON BOMI!”

 

“I meant we! We could go together!”

 

Bomi looked at Chorong and shivered, if looks could kill… Bomi tried to run away, as she knew that Chorong only used her full name when she was angry, but was unsuccessful as she suddenly found herself in a headlock. Who knew the cute and gentle looking Park Chorong could be so violent and so strong?

 

“How dare you use informal language with me Yoon Bomi! And why do you never try to actually learn?!”

 

It wasn’t until they’ve been interacting for a few months until Bomi had found out that the girl who looked so young was actually two years older than her.

 

“Ahh~~ Sorry unnie! I won’t do it again! AH!! Eunji ah! Help me!”

 

Eunji, who had been watching the scene unfold in front of her snickered to herself.

“Anyone who didn’t know better would’ve thought that you guys were a couple.”

 

This earned her a glare from Chorong which also resulted in her loosening her hold on Bomi and Bomi escaping.

 

“I’m not the one who had to repeat kindergarten.” Bomi mumbled.

 

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?”


 

A/N: This is so much harder than I thought it was going to be T.T I understand you all now on why it may take a while to update. I promise y’all that the next chapter will be much better and a lot less cliche… OTL Please give me a chance! And I'd appreciate any comments and suggestions! THANK YOU ALL!