Deal

Every Minute Counts

Happy Birthday to you/me,

Happy Birthday to you/me,

Happy Birthday dear Namjoo/Me,

Happy Birthday to you/me!!!

2OurOnly1Namjoo Happy birthday! Happy 21st (19th international age) birthday to you, and happy 18th (international) to me!

Here's another chapter as promised~~~

 

 

Bomi had found her favorite corner to just sit and think in. She felt apologetic for freaking out at Chorong just now. Why did I freak out at Chorong unnie? It definitely wasn’t just because of Wu Yifan. Was I jealous? No, that’s not it… Bomi thought back to her family situations. She felt small. She felt lost. She felt… alone.

 

Bomi was the second child in her family. She was constantly compared to her older sister Yoon Bora who seemed to be good at everything. She was pretty, she was smart, she was talented, she had potential. Overall, she was perfect. She was the person that her parents compared her to everyday.

 

“Why can’t you be more like your sister?”

“Your sister’s grades were always good, why aren’t yours?”

“Look at Bora, she’s got a great job already, fresh out of college! What are we going to do with you Bomi?”

“You’re a failure Bomi. Look at Bora…”

 

It was always Bora this, Bora that, a perfection that Bomi would never be able to achieve. She hated her family for it. She hated feeling left out of conversations and being looked down on by her own family. But out of the things they’ve told her, she hated the sentence “Why don’t you grow up” the most. That’s why when she heard that phrase out of Chorong’s mouth, she’d lost it. She felt like her own girlfriend was also looking down on her.

 

Bomi started sobbing. This wasn’t the first time that she’s cried. It was the first time that Chorong has seen her cry however. Chorong had, listening to Eunji’s suggestion, set out to find Bomi. She was shocked to see the always happy and brave Bomi, crying to herself in a corner. This didn’t seem like her. Chorong felt her heart breaking listening to Bomi’s sobs.

 

Not entirely understanding the situation, Chorong walked over and sat next to Bomi.

 

“Bbom ah, I’m sorry.” Chorong said quietly.

 

Bomi stayed silent.

 

“Bbom ah.” Chorong thought that Bomi was crying because of Yifan and her harsh words. “Bbom ah, let’s make a deal.” Without waiting for a response from Bomi, Chorong continued, “Work well with Yifan, and I’ll give you 20 minutes.”

 

“20 minutes a day?” Bomi said through sobs.

 

“Yes.” Chorong felt herself unconsciously hugging Bomi. She looked so vulnerable, so small, so… sad.

 

“Deal.”

 

------

 

“Bomi, you’re home.” Bomi’s dad was sitting at his desk in his office with the doors opened, so he saw Bomi enter the front door.

 

“I’m home.” Bomi responded nonchalantly.

 

“Come sit with me for a minute.” Mr. Yoon gestured to the seat facing him.

 

Bomi hated it. She hated always feeling like an outcast. When her dad invited Bora in, she would either sit next to him, or he would stand up to greet his favorite daughter at the door. But with Bomi, it was always, “come sit across from me,” and lack the comfortable atmosphere that surrounds him and Bora.

 

Despite all this, Bomi walks over and sits down across from him quietly. She hated it all, but she just stayed quiet most of the time. Surprising seeing as she was always the talkative, hyper one.

 

“Bomi. Your mom and I have been looking at your grades. They are even below our expectations. Look at your sister. She got a scholarship into the best college in Korea even though we could afford to send her to any college she wanted to go to. Why can’t you be like her?” Mr. Yoon paused a while waiting for a response from Bomi.

 

When he received none, he continued. “Bomi, we have considered it. Maybe it’s time for you to go study abroad. Maybe you’ll finally be able to be someone and do something then. What do you say?”
 

Bomi was stunned. She was definitely not going to be leaving the two people that loved her and knew her best behind. She couldn’t.

 

“No.” Bomi replied.

 

Mr. Yoon’s face clouded over. “What do you mean no?”

 

“No means no. I’m staying right where I am. I can prove to you that my grades will be fine. Chorong unnie will help me out. Don’t worry appa,” Bomi said the word appa with a bit of bitterness in it. “I won’t embarrass you. If I turn out to be a failure, it’s all my own fault. I won’t lose your face. I have a project to work on so if you’ll excuse me.” Bomi stood up, bowed and started to leave the office.

 

“I think you should stay away from Chorong. Her family…”

 

Bomi left the room before he could finish his sentence. Why does my life have to be like this.

 

-----

 

Bomi has been looking around her room for half an hour now.

 

“It has to be here somewhere, I know Eunji left it here.” Bomi mumbled to herself. “Ah! There you are! Thank God the trash hasn’t been thrown out yet!” Bomi reached into her waste basket to find the crumpled piece of paper with Yifan’s number on it.

 

Bomi’s smile soon turned into a frown after realizing that she’s going to have to call him now. She had to do well. Both to get that 20 minutes from Chorong (Bomi scowled Why only 20 minutes~) and to prove to her dad.

 

“Here goes…” Bomi mumbled as she typed in the digits one by one. Taking a deep breath, she lifted her phone to her ear.

 

*Ring

*Ring

*Ring

 

Well I guess he’s not going to pick up… Not my fault then… I tried… Bomi was about to hang up when

 

“Hello,” a voice said on the other end.

 

Bomi remained silent, she didn’t know what to say.

 

“Hello? Who is this?”

 

“...”

 

“I’m hanging up.”

 

“Wait…”

 

 

A/N Yeah~~~ Another chapter~~~ Here it is as promise! I wasn't planning to write it like this but this is where letting my hands take over took me. Enjoy!