Relationships

Every Minute Counts

Their 11th grade came to an end, and things have gotten less awkward between her and Yifan and she has started opening up her feeling to him. He became almost like a brother to her. His constant efforts to get close to her and the amount of warmth and love she received from him was overwhelming. He genuinely treated her like his own sister and the two became very close indeed.

 

Bomi has been spending more and more time, well whenever she wasn’t with Chorong and Eunji, at Yifan’s house rather than her own. She hated seeing his dad’s face judging her and making her feel small and insignificant. It is here, in this small, yet cozy home that Bomi was able to finally feel what having a family that loves you and cares for you must feel like.

 

“Bomi ah, are you hungry, grandma will cook for you!”

“Aigoo, our Bomi is getting so skinny. No, no, no! You just sit! I’ll get some food for you!”

“Our Bomi is such a nice, caring girl. I really wish I had a granddaughter like you.”

“FanFan! Don’t be mean to my Bomi! Be nice!”

 

Bomi loved this grandmother that she’s only known for a few months. She’s given her more love and attention than her parents had in her entire life time. Bomi couldn’t help but act like a cute kid in front of her, a kid who was caring, and kind, and warm. Something her own parents will never be able to see.

 

Also, Bomi didn’t know why Yifan would treat her with so much sincerity and care after all the hate she’s directed at him and sometimes questioned him about it. His response was always to laugh it off and direct Bomi’s attention elsewhere. Yifan became the one person that Bomi could talk to about her troubles (weird after knowing how much Bomi hated Yifan beforehand.)

 

“But Oppa, don’t you hate me a little bit for stealing Chorong from you?” Bomi asked Yifan one day.

 

“Well… I didn’t particularly like you in the beginning to be honest.” Yifan responded, receiving a pout from Bomi. “But eventually, you reminded me so much of someone I know…” Yifan’s eyes grew distant.

 

“Oppa?”

 

“...”

 

“Oppa!”

 

“Oh! Sorry, and anyways, it wasn’t stealing if she didn’t belong to me anyways… Although you’re going to keep your promise right?” Yifan continued, completely ignoring Bomi’s questioning looks.

 

“Huh?” Bomi looked confused.

 

“Anyways, get on your way now! I’ve got things to do!”

 

*****

 

As the year came to an end, things were looking up for Bomi. Her sibling-like relationship with Yifan allowed her to speak her troubles and lessen her burden, her grades were much improved, and Chorong had given her those 20 minutes before the project was even done. Bomi was feeling happier, although from anyone else’s point of view they wouldn’t have been able to see much of a difference in Bomi’s behavior.

 

At the beginning of their last year in high school, Bomi decided to invite her 20-minute girlfriend to her house to hang out.

 

“I’m home!” Bomi called out as they entered the door.

 

There was no response from Mr. Yoon as they entered the house.

 

As they were walking up the stairs, however, Mr. Yoon’s voice was heard.

“Is that Chorong with you?”

 

“Yes Mr. Yoon, how impolite of me to not have greeted you when I walked in.” Chorong bowed towards the office where Mr. Yoon was sitting.

 

There was again silence coming from the room. Bomi rolled her eyes and pulled Chorong into her room. Her father had been somewhat reluctant to let Bomi and Chorong associated with each other, let alone date each other, so their relationship was still yet unknown to them. He had, however, kept his promise and allowed Bomi to stay in Korea after seeing her grades improve so dramatically.

 

After entering the room Bomi locked the doors and jumped on her bed. Chorong sat down next to her.

 

“Ah! Unnie haven’t I done well this year! I think I deserve a kiss now. Please~~~” Bomi once again used her aegyo.

 

Chorong still couldn’t get over how cute Bomi was, and pecked her lips quickly.

 

“Awww, that’s it unnie? Bomi wants more!” >.<

 

Chorong laughed as she watched her girlfriend acting like a baby. “Are you going to use those 20 minutes for that?”

 

Bomi frowned. Oh well, better than nothing. “Yeah unnie, Imma use my 20 minutes now!” Bomi pushed Chorong on the bed and straddled her girlfriend.

 

Wow, she’s so beautiful. Unnie, you’re mine now and forever OK, you won’t leave me right?

 

Bomi slowly inched down until her lips were right above Chorong’s. Chorong closed her eyes in anticipation. Oh how she wanted to kiss Bomi, to touch her, to claim her as her own…

 

Chorong’s cheeks flushed.

 

Bomi giggled as she looked at how cute her girlfriend was. She then crashed her lips into Chorong’s and the two kissed each other passionately. Moans could be heard bouncing off Bomi’s sound-proof walls (thank God!).

 

“Mmmmmmm, Bbom ah,” Chorong moaned as Bomi’s hands moved over her chest and still lower.

 

“Unnie, tell me what you want me to do to you.” Bomi whispered to her seductively.

 

Chorong suddenly opened her eyes and looked right at Bomi. “I think you should take a shower first before we continue.”

 

Bomi frowned yet again, but quickly bounced off of Chorong and ran to her bathroom, not bothering to close the door behind her.

 

Chorong heard the shower turn on and smiled to herself. Her face was still flushed and she wanted Bomi to touch her, but, something was stopping her yet again.

 

As Chorong was thinking to herself, Bomi ran out of the bathroom, with just a towel covering her.

 

“Let’s continue!” Bomi slowly walked towards Chorong.

 

Chorong looked at her watch.

 

5…

4…

3…

2…

1…

 

“Sorry Bbom ah, 20 minutes is up.”

 

Bomi was disappointed. “Oh.”

 

“Next time Bbom ah, we’ve got all the time we want.” Chorong comforted her.

 

“We’ve only got 20 minutes…” Bomi mumbled to herself.

 

Chorong was apologetic. She wanted it as much as Bomi did, but…

 

At that time, Chorong’s phone started ringing.

 

“Sorry, Bbom ah, I’m going to quickly answer this call.“ Chorong looked on the screen and saw an unknown number.

 

“Hello?” Chorong stayed quiet for a while as Bomi heard the person on the other line speak. Chorong’s face grew noticeably upset and tears started forming in her eyes.

“Are you sure? Are you positive? No, no, this can’t be!” Chorong stood up and paced around the room urgently. Bomi didn’t know who was on the phone but it was obviously upsetting Chorong.

 

“OK, I’m coming right now! Please do all you can to help, I’m begging you!” Chorong then turned to Bomi, wiped the tears away and tried to calm down her voice, which failed miserably. “Call me if you wanna talk, OK? I’ve gotta go Bbom ah!” Chorong practically ran out of Bomi’s room without a response from Bomi.

 

“Wait! Unnie! Just let me put on some clothes. I’ll walk you out!” Bomi scrambled to get some clothes to put on before following Chorong out the door.

 

Chorong failed to bid her goodbye with the man sitting behind the big desk, who gave a disapproving shake of his head.  

 

After exiting the house, Bomi pulled Chorong into a hug. “I’ll call you unnie! Make sure you pick up!”
 

With a short soulless“I will” Chorong was gone.

 

*****

 

“Bomi, come in my office please.” As soon as Bomi entered the house, her dad called her over. Bomi entered the office grudgingly.

 

“I don’t like that girl Bomi. She’s not a good influence. She’s rude and unpredictable and her family…”

 

“Appa! There’s nothing bad about Chorong unnie, if you wanna say bad influence I’ll be the one to be the bad influence!” Bomi cut her dad’s sentence off once again.

 

“Look at what that poor girl has done to you Bomi. She’s making you talk back to me. If that’s not bad influence, I don’t know what is!” Bomi doesn’t usually raise her voice with her dad, or talk back. She generally just takes it and relieve the stress and misery and anger she feels in her own room. The two times she has talked back to her dad though, has both been about Chorong.

 

“Appa! You need to stop looking down on people! What is money? It’s nothing! It can’t buy what’s most important in the world! Chorong unnie’s family may not be wealthy, but she’s got everything she needs! She’s got probably much more than I’ll ever get in my life!” At this point, Bomi’s voice was very loud. She was shaking.

 

Mr. Yoon looked mad. This was the kind of girl that he has raised. A spoiled, unthankful, rebellious brat. “What is there that you don’t have Bomi. Appa will buy it for you. But I want you to stop hanging out with that poor girl.”

 

“I’m sorry appa, that’s not going to be possible.”

“Well, make it possible.”

 

Bomi was about to respond back when Mr. Yoon gestured for her to leave the room.

“You may take your leave Bomi. I’m tired.”

 

 

A/N: What was that phone call? What'll happen to Bomi and Chorong's relationship? How about Bomi and Mr. Yoon? Enjoy! Don't know how long it'll take for my next update so please be patient with me! I've got a whole three weeks of exams coming up in May! Noooooooo~~~~

Anyways, I hope this chapter clarified a little bit the relationship between Yifan and Bomi. I guess I misled you guys by making them seem like a love relationship, I apologize. That was not my intent.... OTL (However, I don't know whether that was a good or bad thing...) Hope this made it clearer the warmth she felt from Yifan was one of FAMILY.