Extra Credit

Every Minute Counts

"Yoon Bomi, 20%" Bomi groaned as she walked to the front of the class to pick up her test. She hadn't expected to pass in the first place, but she didn't expect to come in last in her class either. Even her best friend Eunji had beat her.

 

"Haha Bomi ah, I'm so glad you're in my class this year! I don't have to be last anymore!" Eunji turned around and laughed as Bomi sank back into her chair, kicking Eunji's chair in retaliation.

 

Chorong, Bomi, and Eunji had been assigned to the same class this year. The three seemed like a questionable trio to the other students. How were they even friends? Well the friendship between Eunji and Bomi was to be expected as both were 93-line pabos and were both friendly and open and popular among others. Chorong appeared to be the odd one out as she was generally quiet and very booksmart. She too was known for her good looks but kept a relatively low profile.

 

"Who gives tests on the first day of school? How am I suppose to know anything when they haven't taught us anything? Why are they even getting paid if they don't teach us anything? Lazy bums..." Bomi grumbled as she stuffed her test into her desk.

 

"Bbom ah, when will you ever learn? This was just a review test from the last three years... sometimes I question how you even passed middle school. Are you sure you didn't bribe anyone?" Chorong shook her head as she looked over at her deskmate Bomi.

 

"Aish unnie, not everyone's as smart as you you know. How am I suppose to remember what I learned in the last three years when I don't even remember what I had for dinner last night?" Bomi whined. "Maybe if you gave me half of your smartness I'd be able to pass without the extra credit." Bomi wiggled her eyebrows and winked at Chorong as she said it.

 

"Extra credit... Bomi you..." Chorong sat speechless as Bomi and Eunji laughed at her expression.

 

"Unnie, how long have you known Bomi? You should know she's just kidding." Eunji grinned and high fived her best friend.

 

The two 93-line friends stopped laughing when they saw the look on Chorong's face.

 

*RINNNNNNG*

 

"Uh...unnie we're gonna go ahead. See you in the cafeteria!

 


 

"We're sorry! We're sorry! We won't do it again!" Bomi and Eunji said simultaneously. To their surprise, however, Chorong simply walked by them without a word.

 

"What's wrong with her?" Eunji whispered to Bomi with a worried look on her face.

 

"Don't worry about it! Be happy we're still intact!" Bomi whisper-shouted back before gesturing for Eunji to catch up with Chorong.

 

"Why should we sit unnie?" Bomi asked Chorong once they've caught up to her.

 

"I'll grab a seat at that booth while you go get some food. Ok?" Chorong replied.

 

"Get me some food too Bomi ah... I'll wait here with Chorong unnie." Eunji told Bomi as she sat down next to Chorong.

 

"Yah! That's my spot!" Bomi yelled as Eunji simply stuck her tongue out at her best friend.

 

"Why do I have to get the food by myself?" Bomk muttered to herself. "Hey Jung Eunji! You didn't even give me money to buy you food with! My wallet... T.T"

 


 

While Bomi went to get their food, Eunji decided to ask Chorong what was up.

 

"Unnie, are you OK, Bomi and I really are sorry... You're not mad are you?"

 

"It's not that Eunji ah... I'm just thinking..."

 

"What's up unnie? Maybe I could help you sort it out!"

 

"Well... OK... Have you ever thought about how things might change? How the things and people we have now may no longer be with us in the future?"

 

"Why would you think that unnie? Bomi and I are always going to be here for you and vice versa right?"

 

"Yes, but I was just thinking about you two. Your grades... don't you guys care that they're not good? Don't your parents worry?"

 

Eunji groaned, "Unnie, I know you've always been crazy about grades, but Bomi and I just aren't like you. I mean I try... but it's not something that comes easy for me... as for Bomi... well you know she's only going to do things that she's interested in, and studying is definitely not one of those things." Chorong sighs. "Unnie stop worrying OK! You look terrible when you're frowning, at least you look presentable when you smile!"

 

"Yah Jung Eunji!" Chorong yelled.

 

"Hehe just kidding unnie!"

 

While they were talking, someone started walking towards them.

 

"Hi! Nice to meet you! I'm a new foreign exchange student! And I just thought you were really pretty so I came over to introduce myself!"


 

A/N: Just a quick update before my schedule gets hectic again! (I don't know what the title should be OTL) Possibly a lame chapter? The next chapter will definitely get more interesting! Man being an IB student ! These next few weeks are going to be awful, since everything’s gonna be due… Procrastination is bad everyone! Anyways, thanks to everyone for all the support they’ve shown me! I wasn’t expecting so many people to actually like this! This is fantastic!