Who's that girl/boy

Every Minute Counts

A few weeks later, the incident had been forgotten by the  scatter brained Bomi.

 

"Unnie! Unnie! The bell's going to ring in a few minutes. Wanna go shopping with me after school?" Bomi asked Chorong excitedly.

 

Chorong looked at the energetic kid with a smile but then shook her head apologetically. "Sorry Bbom ah, I already have plans today after school. Why don't you ask Eunji?"

 

"Where are you going unnie? Can I come?  Pweaaaaaaase!" Bomi used her well-known aegyo trying to convince Chorong to take her along. To her surprise,however, Chorong rejected her.

 

"Sorry Bbom ah, not this time."

 

"Awww... OK unnie, we'll go together next time then!" Bomi was a little disappointed but she also knew that Chorong wouldn't reject her unless she really had something planned.

"Yah Eunj! Go shopping with me today after school OK!" Bomi told her fellow 93-liner after getting her attention by tapping on her shoulder.

 

"Why is my treatment so much different from Chorong unnie's?" Eunji glared at Bomi, "Who told you I didn't have something to do after school huh?"

 

"Jung Eunji! Pleaaaaaaase~~~~"

 

"Fine, but you owe me one! Hmmmph I'll be spending time with you instead of going out to find myself a girlfriend."



 

"Hurry up Eunji! Why are you walking like an old man? We're almost there!" Bomi yelled back towards her best friend who was less than happy to be there.

 

"Why is it so urgent that I can't even leave my backpack at home first?"

 

"I almost forgot it was my dad's birthday today..." Bomi scratched her head in embarrassment, "so I need your help deciding on a present for him..."

 

Eunji stared at Bomi incredulously. "You forgot your appa's birthday? How scatter brained are you exactly Bomi ah..."

 

"Come on, just help me already~" Bomi used her aegyo voice once again.

 

Eunji made a disgusted face as she watched her best friend. "Ewwww don't do that again and I'll help you!" Even though Eunji feigned disgust, she had to admit that Bomi was indeed cute even though her aegyo sometimes goes overboard to the point of being slightly awkward.

 

"Hehe you know you liked it Jung."



 

Half an hour later, with the help of Eunji, Bomi decided to buy a watch, the Rolex Submariner to be exact, as her dad was an avid watch lover and collector.

 

"My money T.T" Bomi was planning to buy a cheaper watch but was eventually convinced by the sales rep to buy the model that cost over 9 million won.

 

"Don't be so cheap Bomi. Your money comes from your dad anyways."

 

Bomi comes from a fairly rich family as her mom is the head of a hospital and her dad owns a law firm. Compared to her, Eunji and Chorong come from much more modest households. Both of Eunji's parents were teachers while Chorong lost her mom due to a car accident years ago and her dad was a simple office worker.

 

"Hehe true, but now I don't think I have enough money to buy you a coffee..." Bomi said back at her friend with apologetic eyes.

 

"Yoon Bomi!"

 

"Haha let's go!I'll buy you something to drink since it was soooooo nice having you accompany me today." Bomi said with a sarcastic tone but then ended up grinning.


 

The two girls entered the cafe next to the school and Eunjj ordered a large iced mocha and a slice of strawberry cheesecake while Bomi ordered a small iced coffee.

 

As they sat down Eunji whispered to Bomi, "That girl, she's new isn't she."

 

"What girl?" The ever oblivious Bomi questioned as she started sipping her coffee and stared at Eunji's cheesecake.

 

"That girl who just took our order!" Eunji mentally face palmed herself.

 

"Ah, I guess, I didn't really notice." Bomi replied absentmindedly. "Hey are you gonna eat that cheesecake?"

 

"Go get your own gorilla!" Eunji wrapped her arms around the plate to protect her food. "Man she's cute" Eunji said but immediately covered as she didn't mean to say it out loud.

 

Bomi's expression changed suddenly when she heard Eunji's words.

 

"Yah Yoon Bomi, why are you looking at me with that creepy face?" Eunji stammered.

 

"Maybe I will go get another slice of cheesecake." Bomi responded. "Take this as me paying back for you coming out with me today. I'll be back Eunji yah wait right here." Bomi walked away with a smirk on her face.

 

"Y-yah!" Eunji stammered, but Bomi was already off on her mission.

 

There was only one person in line so Bomi had a very brief wait. Eunji watched Bomi's movements as she covered her face.

 

After a few minutes, Bomi walked back with her plate and a frown.

 

"Can you believe this? She called me a weirdo! Can you believe she called me, Yoon Bomi, a weirdo?! I don't see what you see in this girl!" Bomi said, clearly not happy.

 

Eunji couldn't help but laugh at her best friend's reaction. She was relieved after Bomi came back, yet, she was also more than a little disappointed.

 

"Hmmph. I was planning on getting you a girlfriend to repay you for helping me today but all I got was this sheet of paper which she told me not to look at. Being a respectable person of course I didn't and am handing it to you now." Bomi said all this while standing still due to her frustration but sat down after handing Eunji the paper.

 

Eunji opened the piece of paper with trembling hands. She started smiling after looking at the sheet of paper and her heart was pounding quickly. "I never thought I'd say this to you Yoon Bomi, but I love you soooooo much right now." Eunji's smile was so big that Bomi thought it would hurt.

 

"Well count it as me repaying you then." Bomi was unaware of why her friend was so happy, but she didn't care either. She was still mad that the girl had called her a weirdo.

 

Eunji looked up to the front of the store to look at the girl. The girl gave her a shy smile before getting back to work. Eunji smiled back.

 

"aish I can't take this anymore. I'm going to the bathroom be right back OK!" Bomi looked at Eunji and shook her head.

 

On her way there, a voice caught her attention. Is that Chorong unnie's voice? Hmmm maybe her schedule end early? Bomi started moving in the direction where the voice was coming from before stopping abruptly. Is Chorong unnie with a guy?!?!

 
 
 
 
 

A/N Was just writing to see where it went and it got further and further from my original direction... In the end I finally got back on track with the Chomi... Hopefully you guys are OK with me inserting this clip of the 93-line bonding and Eunji and ? in here. Next chapter is where things will actually start picking up!