Outburst

Every Minute Counts

“WUT! You mean I’ll have to spend the next month working on this project with that guys?!” Bomi was in shock after hearing Eunji explain the project and what it meant for them. “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

 

“Oh come on Bomi, it won’t be that bad. Yifan’s not a bad guy remember? He’s keeping his promise even without a pinky swear. Now bring out the cute, friendly, nice Bomi that everyone likes and make him swoon for you! It might be fun! And you’ll get to know him better!”

 

“No No No No NO!” Bomi was in denial. “I don’t want that jerk to swoon for me. I don’t want to have fun with him! I don’t want to know him better!” After their showdown, Bomi had done all she could to stay away from Yifan. She allowed him to hang out with her friends, but that doesn’t mean she has to be there to see it.

 

Eunji sighed at her best friend’s childishness. “Bomi, grow up and move on. He has made no move on Chorong unnie whatsoever. He’s even mentioned once or twice that he wanted to know you better and become friends! Like Chorong unnie said, ‘He’s a nice guy!’”

 

“And I repeat what I said during class, ‘Nice guy my a**!’”

 

Eunji did her best. “Well, you do whatever you want Bomi, it’s just 50% of our overall final grade after all, insignificant and all.”

 

“I don’t care about my grade! He can do it all himself, or I could do it all myself, but I’m NOT, I repeat, NOT, going to work with him!” Eunji realized that Bomi was being stubborn, and when she’s stubborn, well, there no chance of anyone getting her to listen to them.

 

“Fine Bomi ah, you do you, but I’m leaving you Yifan oppa’s number anyways in case you change your mind.” Eunji scribbled his number on a piece of paper and left it on her desk. “I’ve gotta go start planning out my project with Kevin. Think it through Bomi-ah, you want to pass don’t you…”

 

-----

 

“Bomi, I heard you don’t want to partner up with Yifan oppa? Why’s that?” Chorong was talking to Bomi during lunch as Bomi stuffed her face with triangle kimbaps.

 

“Umnniew,” Bomi said through a mouthful of food. Bomi took a minute to swallow her food before continuing as she saw the glare coming from Chorong. However, it went down the wrong way and resulted in her ending up in a coughing fit.

 

“Bomi ah! Slow down! No one’s trying to steal your food pabo!” Chorong said with concern as she hit Bomi’s back continuously.

 

“Oww, owww, unnie, I’m fine now, you can stop!” Chorong was strong than she looked.

Bomi turned back to Chorong to continue her explanation. “About that guy… It’s just that… well… I don’t feel comfortable around him. He’s… whatever… The teacher’s gonna have to give me a new partner, or we’re working on it alone. There’s no way I’m going to be spending time with that guy.”

 

“What’s going on between you two? I thought you guys were on good terms. I saw you guys going to the park together remember? What was that about then?”

 

“Uh…” Bomi struggled to find an excuse. “Uh… We met coincidentally. Yeah, that’s it. Anyways, unnie, is there now way I’d be able to work with you on this project instead? Please~~” Bomi whined cutely and tried to distract the attention from meeting Yifan at the park.

 

“Sorry Bbom ah, I’m working with Hoon. Yifan oppa’s a good guy. Plus, working with Yifan will definitely give you an edge. Your topic’s on China after all.”

 

Bomi frowned. “Well he can work on it himself then. I’m not going to deal with him.”

 

Chorong sighed. “Bbom ah, grow up…”

 

“Unnie!” Bomi was furious. “Ugh! Why is everyone on his side? First Eunji, now you! My best friend and my girlfriend are both on his side! What am I then?! I AM NOT GOING TO WORK WITH HIM. NO ONE CARES ABOUT ME ANYWAYS!” Bomi stood up and stormed off.

 

-----

 

Chorong had her head down on the table as Eunji sat down.

“What was that about? I heard her voice all the way across the cafeteria.”

 

“Eunji yah, I don’t understand why Bomi’s so dead set against Yifan oppa. I just don’t understand her sometimes…” Chorong was a little hurt by Bomi’s response.

 

Eunji knew full well why Bomi disliked Yifan, but she wasn’t about to break it to Chorong who was oh so oblivious. “Unnie, if even you couldn’t persuade her, then no one can. The only thing we can do now is wait for her to figure things out herself.” Eunji knew better than anyone else how stubborn Bomi was.

 

“I understand, but she needs to grow up! Not everything’s going to go her way in life!”

 

“Unnie, you didn’t tell her that did you…?” Eunji looked at Chorong with concern.

 

“I may have told her to grow up…” Chorong said in a much smaller voice.

 

“Unnie… You… I’d recommend that you go find her and well… comfort her instead of scold her. She’s popular and friendly, but she’s really only got us you know. I think she may be feeling a little bit lonely right now.” Eunji and Bomi have known each other for longer than Chorong, and there are situations that Eunji understood better than Chorong, so she understood why that phrase may have set Bomi off while Chorong was… once again oblivious.


Chorong thought about it.  Was Bomi’s outbreak only about working with Yifan? Or was there more to it? She felt bad that she’s only able to give Bomi 5 minutes a day, but really, what else can she do? Maybe I’m just hurting her, maybe my decisions are wrong, maybe… maybe this was a bad idea after all.

 

A/N I haven't updated in a while... I'm so sorry~~~ I was going to do a double update as an apology but that would mean I'd have to delay the update even more so I'm uploading this now and the next chapter WILL be up on April 15th in order to celebrate Namjoo's birthday as well as my own. (Yep we share the same birthday! Tax day! I actually have to file taxes this year...) Anyways hope you guys aren't too mad at me! School is just awful now as APs/IBs are coming up and I have to pick a college before May 1st... I'm rambling again.

MY APOLOGIES! OTL