Competition?

Every Minute Counts

"你好,我是朴初珑。很高兴认识你。厕所在哪儿?"

(Ni hao, wo shi Pu ChuLong. Hen gao xing ren shi ni. Ce suo zai naer?)

(Hi, my name is Park Chorong. Nice to meet you. Where's the bathroom?)

 

"Wow, you're a quick learner! I'm impressed!"

 

Chorong had been spending some time the last two weeks at the cafe near her school learning Chinese from Yifan while teaching him Korean at the same time. She generally didn't get close to people quickly so it even surprised herself how quickly she had connected with the boy.

 

Chorong smiled and looked up only to see a familiar figure behind Yifan. Chorong's smile became wider. "Hey Bomi!"

 

The look on Bomi's face was not happy and she was just about to walk in the opposite direction. She turned around and gave a forced smile.

 

Yifan turned back and greeted her. "Hi Bomi ssi, it's nice to meet you again."

 

Bomi froze. It's that guy! Chorong unnie ditched me to go on a date with him?!

 

"Come sit with us Bbom ah, where's Eunji?" Chorong waved her over and patted the seat next to her.

 

"Oh," Bomi was disappointed that the first thing Chorong asked her was about Eunji. "She's on the other side. I should get back to her now so I don't ruin your date." Bomi put a bit of emphasis on the word date.

 

"It's OK Bomi ssi, it'll be nice to talk to you and Eunji again." Yifan replied in response to Bomi's comment.

 

So they really were on a date T-T

 

Bomi was about to decline the offer when Chorong stopped her. "Stay here Bbom ah, I'll go get Eunji. I've gotta tell her something. Be right back." Chorong left before Bomi could stop her.

 

The atmosphere at the table became really awkward as soon as Chorong left the table. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

 

Yifan was the first to speak. "So... How have you been Bomi ssi?"

 

"I've been good until I saw you again." Yifan laughed  mirthlessly and looked around hoping that Chorong would be back soon. How are they best friends? Their personalities are so different. Yifan thought to himself.

 

When Bomi had realized that Chorong was together with this guy, she had felt a surge of jealousy. Why was I jealous? Bomi thought to herself. WAS I jealous? I mean Chorong unnie and I are just friends right? Bomi then realized how rude her comment really was. The guy hadn't done anything to her... Yoon Bomi, get a grip.

 

Bomi looked up at the boy sitting across from her and said in an almost apologetic tone, "Sorry, I'm afraid I forgot your name."

 

Yifan was relieved that her tone was less menacing than before. "My name is Yifan, Wu Yifan. I've heard so much about you from Chorong."

 

Oh? Chorong unnie talks about me? I hope it's all good things >●<

Wait! Does that mean they've met more than once? What!

 

"Oh! Really? She's never talked about you." Dang it Yoon Bomi, control yourself! Bomi took a deep breath before continuing. "So you've been seeing Chorong unnie pretty frequently recently?"

 

Yifan chose to ignore the first part of her comment. "Yes, we've met about five times in the past two weeks."

 

Bomi pretended to not care even though she was hurt that Chorong had not said anything about meeting up with ANY guy, not to mention THIS guy. "So are you guys dating?"

 

Yifan looked down at his lap. "Not officially... But Bomi ssi, can you keep a secret?" Without waiting for a response from Bomi, Yifan continued. "I think... I think I like her... and I'd love to know more about her." He suddenly looked up. "Bomi ssi! You're her best friend right? Could you help me learn more about her!"

 

Bomi felt like she was going to explode with anger. Her face turned a little red and she unconsciously balled up her fists. Then she realized, best friends, I guess that's all we are. Why am I being mad? I must be being overprotective.

 

"I don't know what to tell you. I'm afraid I can't help you." Bomi responded in an even tone.

 

Yifan's smile wavered a little. "That's OK! As long as I've got your support!" Yifan noticed the aversion that Bomi was directing at him but he didn't know exactly why. As far as he knows, he hasn't done anything to offend or annoy her. Could it be that she had some sort of feelings for Chorong? But it couldn't be right? They were best friends... and they were both girls.

 

Bomi was about to refute his statement when she heard Eunji and Chorong approaching.

 

"Really unnie! Bomi got her number for me!"

 

The two girls then arrived at the table.

 

"Hello Yifan oppa! It's great to see you again!" Eunji greeted Yifan with a slight bow and a bright smile, her famous eye-smile.

 

"Hiya Eunji! How have you been?" As opposed to how his conversation had gone with Bomi, the conversation with Eunji was going much more smoothly.

 

As the conversation at the table resumed, Bomi was zoning out by herself. She was remembering and trying to figure out what Yifan had just told her.

 

She suddenly stood up and said, "I have to go back to prepare for my appa's birthday. I'm going to leave first." Without waiting for a response, Bomi turned around and let in a hurry.

 

The three remained seated a little confused at Bomi's sudden actions before Eunji spoke up. "Sorry, that pabo almost forgot about her dad's birthday today and I guess she got distracted and forgot about the time." As she said this, she saw the bag she just carried over. "That pabo forgot the present!"

 

"I'll give it to her!" Eunji handed the bag to Yifan before he ran out to catch up with Bomi.

 

"Bomi ssi! Bomi ssi! Your bag!"

 

Bomi stopped and took the bag from Yifan before thanking him. As she was about to walk away,she felt a hand on her shoulder stopping her.


"I like her. And I'm going to do everything I can to make her mine. Even if it means fighting against you Bomi ssi." Yifan then proceeded to walk back leaving Bomi to be the one dumbfounded this time.

 

 

 

A/N: Here you go guys! Bomi's got some competition now... Why is Pabomi taking so long to figure out her own feelings?? Anyways, I probably won't be able to update anytime in the next few days... OTL Hopefully y'all will wait for me to post the next chapter.