Confession

Every Minute Counts

Bomi was freaking out. Today was the day that she was going to confess to Chorong. Everything has already been planned out.

 

After the confrontation with Yifan, Bomi had confessed to Eunji that she liked Chorong, something that wasn’t really a surprise to Eunji, and her and Naeun were going to help her carry it out.

 

Bomi was beyond nervous.

“What if she rejects me? What if I’m not good enough? What if I screw up?!?!” Bomi turned to Eunji before pacing back and forth in her room.

 

“Calm down will ya? Seriously! Man up! If you don’t confess, you’ll never know whether she likes you or not. If she rejects you, you guys can still be friends. If you don’t even try, well… are you really planning on giving Yifan oppa a chance at unnie?” Eunji sighed at her best friends’ nervousness and talked her through patiently. She understood the feeling, as Eunji herself had had that very feeling before confessing to Naeun. In a sense, Eunji herself was nervous for Bomi as well, as she knew Bomi didn’t take rejection well. She may seem strong, but she was actually quite fragile.

 

“Of course he’s not going to get a chance! He promised!” The mention of Yifan’s name brought Bomi’s focus off of her current situation. “And you can’t break a promise!”

 

Eunji sighed at her friend’s childishness. “Well did you guys shake on it?”

 

“...No…” Bomi replied quietly.

 

“Did you guys at least pinky swear?”

 

Bomi shook her head.

 

“HOW OLD ARE YOU GUYS?” Naeun had heard the conversation between the two same-aged girls. She was completely dumbfounded by their conversation. A handshake? A pinky swear? What did she get herself into?

 

“Keep yourselves focused would ya? Unnie, you want this to go perfectly don’t you?”

 

Bomi nodded her head furiously as Eunji went to step beside her girlfriend, hugging her from the side.

 

“Well, let’s go through the plan one more time then before it’s time to leave.” Naeun proposed.

 

“OK, so Eunji will bring…”

 

----

 

“Unnie! Naeunie bonded so well with you last time that she wanted to hang out again with you today!” Eunji spoke into her phone as the plan started into action. “So she asked me to invite you to come out to dinner with us today.”

 

Chorong was confused. Why does Eunji sound so happy about inviting her to dinner with Naeun? Last time she was there, Eunji had practically told her to get out of there.

“Are you sure you don’t want to spend time with your girlfriend alone?” Chorong responded.

 

“Of course I want to spend time with my Naeunie, but if she requests for it, I got it! I mean making her happy is more important right?”

 

Chorong cringed a little when she heard Eunji say “my Naeunie” but she also found their relationship and Eunji’s actions very sweet.

“I don’t really want to be a third wheel though…” Chorong was hesitant on accepting.

 

“Unnieeeeee~~~ Pleasee~~~ I’m practically begging you here!” Eunji was worried that Chorong was going to reject. Then their whole plan would’ve gone down the drain.

 

“I’ll think about it. Hey! Wait! Let me call up Bomi so the four of us will be there and I won’t feel like I’m third wheeling!” Chorong started smiling at the thought of Bomi.

 

“Oh.. Uhh… Bomi is kind of… uhhh… she’s got plans today! We already tried to call her!” Eunji struggled to find a response.

 

Chorong suddenly thought of the other night when she saw Bomi on a date with Yifan. They must’ve planned a date for today. Chorong was disappointed. She was also a little hurt that Bomi hasn’t told her about their relationship.

 

Breaking Chorong’s train of thoughts, Chorong heard Naeun’s voice on the other end.

“Eunji Unnie, you can’t even schedule a dinner plan with Chorong unnie, what else can you do??”

 

Not wanting a quarrel to start between the two love birds, Chorong agreed to the plans.

 

“XXX Restaurant at 5 PM! See you there unnie!” Eunji hung up before Chorong could change her mind.

 

“That kid… I wonder what’s going on in her mind sometimes.” Chorong thought out loud. “Bomi ah, are you having fun with Yifan oppa?”

 

----

 

On the other side of the call…

 

“Naeunie, you didn’t mean what you just said right?” Eunji looked at her girlfriend with puppy eyes.

 

“Of course not unnie~ I love you too much to get angry at such little things!” Naeun gave her childish older girlfriend a kiss on the cheek. “I just wanted to hurry Chorong unnie’s response. It worked didn’t it?”
 

Eunji cheered up hearing Naeun’s response.

 

Bomi, who would usually be extremely disgusted by their PDA, didn’t give any response to the scene going on in front of her eyes. She has completely zoned out.

 

Naeun looked over at Bomi.

“Bomi unnie! Go get ready! You have exactly an hour before 5 PM and we still have to set everything up!”

 

This brought Bomi back to attention as she scurried to grab her clothes and ran to the bathroom to get changed.

 

-----

 

At the restaurant…

 

“Chorong unnie! We’re over here!” Eunji called out to Chorong who was standing by the door looking around.

 

She smiled as she walked over to the table that Eunji and Naeun were sitting at.

“Hey! Why’d you call me out?”

 

“I’ve only met you once unnie and I already miss you!” Naeun responded to Chorong’s question.

 

Chorong smiled at the girl. She was really glad that Eunji had found herself someone nice like Naeun. As she sat down, she responded, “I missed you too~”

 

Eunji looked at Chorong with a slightly shocked expression. Chorong wasn’t someone who generally expressed her feelings that easily.

 

“Unnie, I really want to have someone like you to hang out with so I can complain to you about Eunji unnie. Would that be OK?” Naeun asked. She knew they were preparing for Bomi’s confession, but since she’s helping out, she should get something out of it right?

Eunji looked at Naeun questioningly. What is there to complain about??

 

“Haha, of course! And I can teach you how to deal with the kid.” Chorong really liked this kid.

 

Suddenly the lights around the restaurant dimmed, except for the lights around theirs.

 

“Hey, what’s going on? Is the power going out or something?” Chorong asked to no one in particular.

 

Neither Naeun nor Eunji responded. They were both extremely nervous.

 

Bomi walks out of the kitchen wearing a white collared shirt with a tie and a cute black skirt. Her hands were sweating as she slowly walked over towards the table carrying her pink guitar. This is it. This is her chance.

 

The whole restaurant was watching what was going on.

 

As she got closer, she started strumming on her guitar:

 

Be my girl, be my girl, be my girl

Baby baby maybe oh my baby girl

Baby baby won't you be mine

 

When I see pretty houses, I think of you

The thought of seeing you makes my heart race, I can’t sleep

You’re pretty even without makeup, just by smiling

You’re always number one to me, my girl

 

Should I look up a fancy restaurant?

Where should I take you for you to be happy?

I think of you thousands of times a day

At this rate, I’ll really go crazy

 

I’m still young and inexperienced but oh

If I’m with you, it’s alright, I love you, I love you, I’ll confess to you

 

Let’s get married when we grow up

I’ll cherish you, I’ll adore you

Baby, baby, maybe, oh my baby girl

I love you as much as the sky and earth

 

I promise you, pinky swear

I’ll always protect you from your side

Baby baby, every day, oh my love

Beautiful girl, it’s only you, accept my heart

 

(Baby baby baby) I love you

(Baby baby baby) let’s be together forever

(Baby baby baby) whoa whoa

(Baby baby) won’t you be mine

 

Your sweet voice is like chocolate

There’s electricity just by our hands touching

Even though we meet every day, when I turn around, I miss you

I want to put a stamp on our relationship

 

I’m still young and inexperienced but

If I’m with you, it’s alright, I love you, I love you, will you be by my side?

 

Let’s get married when we grow up

I’ll cherish you, I’ll adore you

Baby, baby, maybe, oh my baby girl

I love you as much as the sky and earth

 

I promise you, pinky swear

I’ll always protect you from your side

Baby baby, every day, oh my love

Beautiful girl, it’s only you, accept my heart

 

(Baby come to me) I’ll only look at you

(Baby come with me) be by my side

(Only one for me, my girl~ baby baby baby) my girl I always love you~

 

I promise you, pinky swear

I’ll become a great (wo)man

Baby baby, every day, oh my love

Beautiful girl, it’s only you, accept my heart.

 

By the end of the song, Bomi was shaking. She felt like her knees were going to give out, and she couldn’t bring herself to look Chorong in the eye.

 

Chorong was warmed by Bomi’s gesture, but she was also very confused.

 

Seeing her best friend completely frozen in her spot after the song, Eunji gave her a little kick, bringing her attention back to the present and making her realize that she had to start speaking.

 

“Cho-Chorong unnie, I’ve kn-known you for a wh-while n-now, and because I’m such a p-pabo, it w-wasn’t un-until recently that I re-realized my f-feelings for you. I d-don’t know how you f-feel about m-me, but I’m w-willing to take my chances. I r-really really like you, a-and I promise to always be there for you.” Bomi took a big breath and looked at Chorong straight in the eye. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

Everyone’s attention was focused on Chorong’s response. Chorong didn’t know what to say. Her eyes had started to well up, and her heart was telling her to say yes. (So the hurt and the flutters I was feeling before is because I reciprocate everything that Bomi has just said?) But there was still something nagging at her.

 

“But… aren’t you dating Yifan oppa?” Chorong said softly.

 

“What?!” Bomi looked at her surprised.

“What?!” Eunji and Naeun looked at each other.

 

“I saw you guys on a date in the park the other day.” Chorong explained.

 

Bomi had not expected this situation. She didn’t know what to do.

“Unnie, I… I don’t like Yifan oppa. I never have liked him honestly speaking. The only person I’ve ever like… no… scratch that… that I’ve ever yearned for, had affection towards, and had a crush on was you.”

 

Chorong was surprised at Bomi’s confession. She hadn’t been expecting this, and she never knew Bomi had felt this way about her.

 

“Bbom ah… Thank you…”
 

Bomi did not like where this was going.

 

“Bbom ah… I’ll be your girlfriend.”

 

Bomi was beaming. Everyone in the restaurant who heard the response clapped vigorously and whistles were heard,

 

“Congrats!” Quite a few people screamed out to the newly formed “couple.”


“I’ll be your girlfriend for 5 minutes a day.”