Reprehension

Hopeless Treasure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The news and press got to this very quickly. It spread to the media.. Through newspapers, and images were posted online. Then, fans who supported this called them “Eunmin”. There were people who were against this. An example….. Would be the Chairman of FPDM Corps.

 

--

 

“Aish! That sneaky detective… Think you can run away with my daughter at your hand? Hah! This is why commoners are good-for-nothing. I can’t believe I entrusted my daughter to someone like her. Detective Ham? ‘The Decisive’? Really? What is all that, seriously.. This….. AISH!” He slammed the magazine on his desk and held his head in frustration.

 

The pictures… Have gone viral.






 

“This would try to steal Hyomin away from me!! How dare she!! This.. Lowly Commoner! I can’t believe she would do this.. This is why Commoners are NEVER to be trusted! Look at what the damages they can do!” Mr. Park rages by himself, slamming and pounding the desk.

 

--

 

A phone number is dialed. A familiar voice picks up the phone, “Hello, this is Detective Ham.”

 

“We need to talk. Come see me,” a man was on the other line. He cleared his throat. The detective, looking away from everyone else, swallows her saliva. She knew what was going to be discussed.

 

She answers, “No, I think I understand what needs to be said. I get it, Mr. Park.”

 

“No, you don’t. We’re not done. I said come see me!” He starts raising his voice on other end, and that causes Eunjung to push the phone away from her ear for that part of the sentence. “Do not make me wait,” he threatens, then he hangs up, and the conversation has ended.

 

“Boss, what was that?” a subordinate asked.

 

“Don’t worry about it. I have to get going, I have an appointment with the Chairman,” Eunjung smiles, reassuring her comrades. Everyone’s mouths go into an ‘o’ shape, and they understood what was going on. The Chairman was enraged because of the scandal over the news.

 

After Eunjung leaves, two of her subordinates gossip, “Do you think the rumor and that scandal is true? That those two are together?”

 

“They were just seen together, maybe shopping as friends. I don’t think it’s that big of a deal or that they were in some sort of relationship. But wow.. Our Detective Ham to claim the Park Hyomin’s heart? That’s impossible!! You know, Detective Ham is cold to everyone… After all these years, I’ve rarely seen her open up to anyone.”

 

“Ah.. You’re right.. She doesn’t have many friends either.. And all she talks about is work related… Come to think of it, I’ve never had a casual conversation with her…...”

 

--

 

Eunjung heads to the Park residence. And of course, she was welcomed by the guards, and this time, it was a smooth entrance without stopping. It wasn’t her first time here, and she was still not familiar with the place. It was that big (the house that the Parks live in).

 

She enters the door to the small office, guided by a butler. She was welcomed warmly this time, to the front door of the office. She knocks a few times and enters the room, then closes the door behind her and looks around. She thought, This is a different office than last time I went to… Just how many does he have and how many does he need??

 

Mr. Park lifts his head a bit for a few seconds, then looks back down at his paper. He cleared his throat out loud, making an audible sound enough for Eunjung to hear at her distance, “Sit down.”

 

Eunjung bows and takes her seat in one of the cushions, as ordered. Then, Mr. Park throws something towards Eunjung. It manages to land on the table, and slides to her, in front of her for her to see. It was intentional.

 

“Look at that and explain to me what that is,” Mr. Park said, without looking up, he was still doing paperwork and busily writing with his fountain pen. Eunjung sat with silence, staring at the magazine cover. Mr. Park, noticing this silence, raises his voice, “Tell me and explain to me what that is! Right here, right now!” Eunjung did not answer him. Then, she hears a slam on the desk.

 

Everyone I get near to always gets hurt.

 

“Are you not going to answer me?”

 

But I realize that this isn’t what I would feel normally.

 

“Aish… These pathetic government authority good-for-nothing’s… They are useless…!”
 

And it is an inevitable feeling, but I must admit..

 

“How rude you are being to me right here and right now! I will ruin you! Now, hurry up, tell me and explain to me what that is, explain to me what you see and what that is on the magazine cover!”

 

This is so unprofessional of me, but I feel like I would need her if I’m not with her. Yes, the feeling of “love” proceeds that quickly, and I am consumed with it. I think I’ve fallen in love with Park Hyomin.

 

“This is your last

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter