Death Row

Hopeless Treasure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]: Disable your readability to get a better, clearer idea of which thoughts belong to which character. It is color coded.

 

Dark Red - Jiyeon

Dark Blue - Eunjung

 

 

And a gunshot rang throughout the warehouse.

S… ..!! This woman made me lower my guard..!

Jiyeon felt a sudden, excruciating pain that was indescribable pierce through her body, “A.. -- Aghh…”

 

 

Hyomin… Damn you.. Definitely too influential to the game, this time.

Eunjung was shocked. Maybe even paralyzed. She was knocked back onto the ground after Hyomin blocked off Jiyeon’s attack for her. She was still holding her gun straight, breathing heavily.

“It’s… Over, Jiyeon,” Eunjung inhaled deeply.

“It’s not.” Jiyeon said, sharply, “It’s not.. Over yet. Not until you kill me.”

She smiled and was still laughing, not as energetically, but it was still making Eunjung infuriated even more.

Eunjung got up with an upset expression, and she sat on top of Jiyeon all of a sudden and held a fist. However, before that fist could collide with Jiyeon’s face, Jiyeon pointed towards the body on the ground.

“She’s going to die.”

Instantly, Eunjung turned around. She had already forgotten that Hyomin was the one who obtained the most serious injuries, not including the serial killer right in front of her.

“Either you choose to capture me for your reputation to skyrocket and let her die, or you save her but let me get away,” Jiyeon snickered.

“That’s not happening! Shut up!” And Eunjung still threw her fist, then she went to check on the unconscious Hyomin, who unfortunately, was losing a lot of blood by the second.

“No, no, no, no! Hyo-Hyomin, stay with me, don’t do this to me!” While crying, Eunjung held the wound that was open, to stop the blood from flowing and from dripping out.

Jiyeon just kept laughing, but she could barely move since she got shot. Her laughing soon turned to crying.

“Why does this hurt so much… I don’t like pain!” Jiyeon shrieked, “Get it out, get it out! Stop the pain! Stop it!” Jiyeon was also losing a lot of blood.

These three people faced a crisis, but the only unharmed one so far was Eunjung. That was, physically unharmed.

“H-hey! P-partner! Detective Ham!” Someone shouted. Indeed, it was Eunjung’s partner.

“Call the damn ambulance! I don’t have time!”

And that was how the scene went. Hyomin was unconscious the whole time after she was stabbed. Eunjung just waited outside the emergency room, and Jiyeon was captured. The infamous serial killer no longer lurked around the city, and everyone’s lives were safe… For now.

I hereby declare that Park Jiyeon, the infamous serial killer that has been lurking around the city, under arrest and to be sent to Death Row, locked away from humanity’s eyes forever until the end of her life span, and at the same time, receive mental institution treatments.

“You did it, Detective Ham! I am so proud of you,” the commander said, "You really fit the description of 'The Decisive,' you know?"

“Good job, Team Leader!”

“You did well!”

“We wouldn’t have done it without you!”

And so.. Eunjung’s fame really did skyrocket. She was promoted to a new rank.

As was announced, Jiyeon was locked into a single, white room with a bed and a limited number of things to d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter