Profile

Hopeless Treasure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]: Disable your readability to get a better, clearer idea of which thoughts belong to which character. It is color coded.

Purple - Calm Jiyeon

Dark Red - Jiyeon

Dark Blue - Eunjung

Dark Green - Hyomin

 

The big public appearance was at its end of the closing ceremony. The people of Korea were glad to have the leading woman back.. The heiress of Park FPDM Corps, Park Hyomin. As Hyomin was about to take her leave, she steps up as she was walking towards her transportation. However, suddenly both her forearms were touched and grabbed by two different people at opposite sides.

 

The public’s eyes widened and they gasped, witnessing the intense moment. Hyomin, by the sudden contact, widened her eyes and looked to the left first, then to the right. She saw Jiyeon first, on the left. Then, Eunjung on the right.

 

--

 

“Ji-Jiyeonnie? Eunjung-ssi?” Hyomin looked from left to right, repeatedly, “W-what are you guys doing?”

Jiyeon’s smile was wiped off immediately afterwards when she spotted Eunjung, “Eunjung-ssi, let her go please.”

Eunjung replied, “How about you let her go first?”

“Let her go,” Jiyeon glared.

“You should let her go” Eunjung retorted.

“You two, if you’ll excuse me - I have to go,” Hyomin said, “Why don’t you both let me go..?” She felt uncomfortable, and reporters were still taking many, non-stop pictures, especially the scene where Hyomin’s arms were grabbed by two different people at the same time. The flashes were unbearable, but it didn’t bother the other two girls. Hyomin had no idea why they grabbed her all of a sudden in the first place.

To Eunjung, this was a big deal, since Hyomin’s safety was a priority.

“You heard her, right? We both let go,” Eunjung said.

“Why are you guys making such a big deal? Just let me go already!” Hyomin jerked both her arms out of Jiyeon’s and Eunjung’s grasp.

Then, Hyomin’s personal bodyguard intervened, “I’m sorry, ladies, but you shouldn’t be here.”

“W-wait! Hyomin!” Jiyeon shouted from behind. Too bad Hyomin ignored her and entered the vehicle. “Hyomin!” Jiyeon called again, but to no avail did Hyomin’s head turn around.

“Look at what you did!” Eunjung shouted. The car carrying Hyomin drove out. The crowd that came to see Hyomin started to disperse.

“Are you kidding me? That was your fault. If you had let go when I told you to, we could’ve both had our turns to talk. I clearly said ‘please’ first, and if you didn’t have to be so stubborn…”

Could it really be Jiyeon as the serial killer? It is incredibly shocking if so. I seriously can’t twist my mind around this. Who could it be? Who else could it be? Sleep deprivation, I’m not even sure if she has sleep deprivation anyway! Eunjung was fighting with her mind, trying to conclude something with logic.

“Anyway, since you’re not saying anything, I’ll be the one to leave first. Excuse me,” Jiyeon said, and she started walking away.”

FLASHBACK IN EUNJUNG’S MIND

“Hey, I need something new. It’s important,” Eunjung said on the phone, “Yeah, it’s related to the case. I want you to do some profiling for me. On a person named Park Jiyeon. I think she works as a news delivery girl. Find out about her past and tell me about it, too. I might be starting to get a lead on this case.”

“By tonight? Oh my, I guess that’s pretty handy. Yes, I want it by tonight if you really can. It’s really important! Thanks so much!”

The phone conversation ended.

FLASHBACK ENDS

Eunjung turned around and watched Jiyeon walk away, We’ll see. What kind of a person you really are. Your appearances are already deceiving me. And I’m pretty sure you’ve deceived Hyomin as much as well. If you really are the one, I’ll start protecting Hyomin seriously even more from now on! She was declaring this within her mind. She eyed Jiyeon seriously with a glare of determination. She was going to get this case solved no matter what, whether she was motivated by her passion of being a detective, or her personal feelings for whom she was protecting.

--

“Well, what’ve you got for me?” Eunjung said, as she pulled out a chair and sat right next to a woman on a computer.

“A lot,” the woman replied, “I got a lotta documents, and she has a great amount of history. There’s actually a lot of information about her too!”

“Wow, you did an amazing job. This is pretty well organized,” Eunjung complimented.

“What can I say, it’s for ‘The Decisive’ we’re talkin’ about here, you know? Gotta do what work calls for.”

“I’m not really that famous anymore. This case has gone on a drag for too long.”

The woman was about to reply to that statement, but Eunjung cut her off before she started once more, “Anyway, let’s get on with this case. We’ve got a lot to review. Care to explain anything to me?”

“Well, as a child, Jiyeon was cherished by her family, a lot. She was a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter