No One In Sight

Hopeless Treasure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]: Disable your readability to get a better, clearer idea of which thoughts belong to which character. It is color coded.

« P.S. There is no Calm Jiyeon. »

 

Dark Red - Jiyeon

Dark Blue - Eunjung

Dark Green - Hyomin

 

Jiyeon’s eyes slowly opened in response to her vivid memories of her past. She had been sweating, and tightly gripping on to something. And more importantly, that something that she clutched tightly belonged to someone whom she wasn’t expecting to see at her bedside.

Then again, it was her home.

“You’re awake,” the calming voice blankly stated.

Jiyeon just stared towards the ceiling after looking at the face of the girl she was attracted to - in the wrong way, “Why are you here.. Were you watching me?”

“Yes, actually, I was. Your motions and facial expressions while having a nightmare seemed intriguing. Although, it seemed like you dreamed of something disturbing,” Hyomin replied. Then, there was silence in the room. The both of them just remained still in their positions. “Actually, Jiyeon. I’m in quite a pain at the moment.”

Pain?

“What do you mean?” Jiyeon asked, interested, “Where are you experiencing that pain? Are you hurt somewhere?”

“Yes, Jiyeon, I am. How’d you know?” It sounded like a sarcastic reply.

“Where!?” And the girl who was lying on the bed suddenly jumped and sat up straight.

Hyomin held her hand up and pointed down with her finger - to her other arm, to where Jiyeon’s hand was gripping tightly. Her arm was red. Jiyeon’s nails were digging into her skin; a few places had already started bleeding.

Jiyeon widened her eyes and gasped slowly, “I… Did that?”

“While you were sleeping, yes,” Hyomin answered, “You’re so strong, despite your frail appearance.”

Pain.

It became silent once again. Only the thoughts of Jiyeon remained, talking to themselves and responding to themselves like always.

You haven’t felt real pain.

“Jiyeon,” Hyomin suddenly said, breaking the awkward silence.

“Hm?” Jiyeon responded.

“Let’s go take a walk in the garden.”

“Why? At this time?”

“Mm… Just cause,” Hyomin responded flatly, “Come on, let’s go.”

––

The night was a silent, quiet one. A peaceful one with just two girls strolling in the garden of the Park Residence. The flowers were obviously shown to be taken care of well and watered everyday as they bloomed, surrounding the walkway with their lovely presence.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with this.

It’s strange. There’s definitely something wrong here. What detail am I missing here? It’s something very obvious, but I can’t seem to point it out.

Jiyeon was looking everywhere, trying to find out what exactly she was missing; of course, Hyomin noticed her every facial expression and action.

“I think I know what you’re thinking.”

“Hm, what?” Jiyeon pretended to be oblivious about it, but she was still looking around.

“I won’t say it if you don’t want me to. I’ll just wait until you figure it out yourself,” Hyomin answered.

Damn it, this lady. What does she want me to figure out..? Seriously what am I missing here – it’s something so obvious, and it’s right in front of me, but – what?

Jiyeon sighed, “So why did you want to take a stroll in the garden, and take me along while you’re at it?”

“I wanted to discuss some things with you. It’s time you should be honest with me, don’t you think?”

“What do you mean?”

“Jiyeon, please. I really want you to stop being so oblivious and dumb with me. I’m not that stupid, even though you must’ve thought I was this whole entire time,” Hyomin retorted. She tried to take control of the conversation this time. Jiyeon didn’t like losing control, though. She never does.

What does she know…

This time, Jiyeon turned around and faced her, “This isn’t the nice and peaceful stroll around the garden like I pictured it to be,” trying to be more honest about how uncomfortable she was feeling right now.

“I just want you to be more honest and open about some things that you’re hiding from me right now. I just want to know, and if you tell me personally, that’ll make me anything but displeased. Just tell me what you need to tell me.”

“But I have nothing –”

And Hyomin firmly tried to take control and interrogate Jiyeon further, “So a random newspaper delivery girl comes up to me one day and decides to approach me for no clear reason? That’s a bit strange, Jiyeon. What do you want from me?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter