"I must see with my own Eyes!"

Hopeless Treasure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is morning, and many newspapers were to be delivered quickly. Jiyeon’s higher-up exclaims, “You must deliver every single newspaper quickly to everyone throughout the city! This kind of news has to spread to the countryside quickly, too! This is daebak!”

 

“Mwo-ya?” Jiyeon asks, “What are you talking about?”

 

“This is a double-big news day. The serial killer has made a move past midnight yesterday, again! The murderer killed a supervisor who has been committing a crime of smuggling drugs and held captive over women to and drug them to death. Then, the leading figure of our country, Park Hyomin, the daughter of the Chairman of FPDM Corps... She -- the CEO -- has just donated 3 billion Won. Like the last time, she donated it to the poor and to charity! I can’t believe someone like this exists, really!”

 

Jiyeon’s eyes widened, I must see this if this is real or fake with my own eyes. There’s no one with a perfect image. She’s got to have flaws. No rich exists like this --, she thought. “Well, ok. I’ll get to work now then. For doing this, will I get paid extra?”

 

“Well of course! Everyone’s in a good mood today, so why not?” He smiled at her, then gave her a gesture to get going.

 

--

 

Jiyeon cycled around the city, giving everyone their daily newspaper. Her final stop.. Is the Park Residence of FPDM Corps. If she’s as everyone describes her.. Then I’m at least a bit happy she has the same surname as me, Jiyeon thought. The manor was in as a perfect image. It was symmetrical with 4 fountains and small square gardens of flowers surrounding them. They also had a large koi fish pond and a small bridge to walk through. It was like a dream house.. There were also many bodyguards dressed formally in suits, and they had were everywhere. It would be hard to enter the residence.

 

Jiyeon went up to the gates of the mansion to speak to one of the guards, “Sir, is Park Hyomin here?”

 

“Get out.”

 

“E-eh? Pardon me?” Jiyeon asked, confused by the guard’s response. “W-what do you mean?”

 

“The Chairman asked me to prevent all annoying reporters from his sight. I’m merely carrying out his orders. He also does not want anyone to be meeting with the CEO.” The bodyguard replied. Jiyeon bit her lip gently and nodded..... However, she was in luck.

 

“Open the gates! The CEO is currently storming out of the house in anger, she’s going to literally drive and run anyone over! Open the gates!” A voice screamed, “Open the gates!!”

 

The gates slowly opened, and you could hear a car’s engine coming from a distance, growing louder every second.

 

Jiyeon, noticing this, runs to the gate’s entrance and blocks the runway, with her arms straight out.

 

“W-what are you doing, Miss? Stop! Come back here right now!” The guard yelled.

 

Ugh, what the hell am I doing? Why did I run here… It’s too late to run away now. It’s either now or never. If she kills me then she kills me.. I won’t die. My will to live won’t let me! If she doesn’t hit me -- that’s better. Why did I do this though? Why did I just suddenly want to meet her so badly? Why not just let her go this time and meet her again next time?… Jiyeon was beyond confused, but she had her eyes closed, and her mind was filled of all these thoughts.

 

Hyomin’s car was speeding through the road to the mansion. “W-what? There’s a girl there.. What is she doing?? I thought Father prohibited there to be any reporters here. Aish! If I don’t stop, I’m going to run her over. It doesn’t look like she’s going to move…” So, she pressed the brake pedal before she hit Jiyeon. The tires made eerie screeching noises, and everything would've thought there was an accident. But luckily, her car literally stopped in front of Jiyeon. Jiyeon still had her eyes closed, wondering if anything happened, but did not dare to open her eyes.

 

 Did I get hit yet?? What happened? Did anything happened? I feel perfectly fine... Jiyeon was talking to herself within her own mind.

 

Hyomin came out of the car, held onto Jiyeon’s arm, and dragged her to her car. She opened the door to the passenger seat, and said, “Go in, please.” She put out her arm to the car’s seat. Seeing Jiyeon look at her and hesitate, “Please go in, I am in a hurry right now to escape my Father.” And Jiyeon listened as she slowly entered the car. Hyomin replied, “Thank you so much,” and she closed the door. Once she got into the car, she spoke to Jiyeon, “I didn’t know you want to die that badly. Please don’t do that, it breaks my heart to see people like that. Do you have money issues?”

 

Hyomin got back inside, and Jiyeon, with a questioned face, “Before that… W-where are we going? Where are you taking me? Why did you tell me to come into the car with you?”

 

“We’re going to the police station,” Hyomin answered.

 

“M-mwo!?” Jiyeon jumped up. Her heart jumped for a moment, thinking that Hyomin knew something about her that she shouldn’t. “What do you mean we’re going to the police station… What for?”

Hyomin laughed, “I was kidding! I’m joking. Aren’t you a reporter? I thought you’d be interviewing me…” A pause happened, and Hyomin turned her head a few times and took a few glances, then got back to driving, “Well I don’t see the camera or the notepad and pen either, so what did you come for me for?”

 

“A-ah! I mean.. Ah..” Jiyeon stuttered and held , then sat on the seat normally, facing front.

 

Hyomin giggled, “You’re cute.” Jiyeon felt something weird

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter