Reconciliation

Hopeless Treasure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The trip back home was so quiet; it started to become awkward. Eunjung was sitting in the back, quiet, staring out through the window, and Jiyeonnie took a nap again. Hyomin remained driving, but she started to feel uneasy because of her yelling earlier. So she decides to clear it up and do something about it.

 

 

“Eunjung-ssi,” Hyomin called out.

 

“Mm..” Eunjung responded.

 

“Sorry for being so rude earlier. I wasn’t meaning anything mean that I said.. I’m just frustrated because of the Chairman. I guess I sort of blew it out on you, I’m sorry,” Hyomin apologized.

 

“Ani, you were fine. I didn’t get mad. I get those bad days, too, so it’s okay.” Eunjung answered.

 

“Is the serial killer case really that bad that you have to follow me in order to protect me…?” Hyomin asked.

 

“I can’t tell you anything about the case.. But the serial killer -- well. The culprit is a bit horrific. Her killings are a bit abnormal and it is something that you’ll never want to see.”

 

“Her?” Hyomin asked. She wondered if she heard right -- that the serial killer is a female.

 

“That’s only what we’ve deduced, and -- oh, no. I’ve told you something about the case..”

 

“I think I deserve to know a bit or small details. I am a possible victim after all.. I should know the details of who this killer is so I can take some precautions. Isn’t that a good thing?”

 

Eunjung thought about it for a moment, “You have a point. We don’t really know much about the serial killer anyways. I can’t really tell you much, honestly. This one is a really clever murderer.”

 

The car went back to silence, and then a question popped up into Hyomin’s head, “Ah.. Does this mean you’ll be staying with me, too…? It’s not that bad that you have to.. right…” Hyomin was hoping for a ‘no’ as an answer, but Eunjung didn’t reply. She looked into the rear mirror and saw Eunjung staring into her. “Eunjung-ssi?”

 

“H-huh?” Eunjung blinked many times and looked away. She cleared , “I’m your personal bodyguard now remember? Plus.. My car is back there.. At the beach near your studio…” She paused, then continued, “So.. I guess that means I am going to s-stay… With… Y-you..” She started stuttering near the end of her sentence. Eh? What am I thinking, Eunjung-ah, stop this! She shivered.

 

“Are you okay?” Hyomin asked. What is up with everyone? Jiyeon-ssi and Eunjung-ssi is always either in deep thought or something, but they never tell me what they’re thinking about! It’s frustrating. Hyomin sighed.

 

“Yeah, I’m okay, don’t mind me.” Eunjung answered.

 

The car went to silence yet again, and they fail to keep up a lively, ongoing conversation. However, the car ride didn’t take too long, and they’ve arrived at Hyomin’s mansion… Well.. At a distance from it. Hyomin shook Jiyeon, “Jiyeon-ah, we’re here..”

 

Jiyeon slowly opened her eyes, yawned, and stretched, “Ah, that was fast.” Damn it. The basic human needs… And one of them is sleep. I must’ve fallen asleep because I haven’t slept much..

 

Eunjung noticed and took a mental note, She must be a person who sleeps a lot or.. Either she wakes up too early in the morning, sleeps late at night, barely sleeps, or maybe just sleep deprived. I wonder what her occupation is.. If that’s her job that’s holding her all day.. I should take a note of this. Anyone who is close to Hyomin-ssi is valuable information -- at least that’s what I think.. Anyway, people with sleep deprivation are most likely easily agitated, so I should be careful of that too.

 

“Detective Ham, you can stay in here, I’ll walk Jiyeon back, and then I’ll be back.” In response, Eunjung nodded. Hyomin stepped up and walked out with Jiyeon. Hyomin whispered, “Jiyeon-ah. I don’t think I can walk you all the way. My Father’s bodyguards are over there…”

 

“It’s okay, you don’t have to..” Jiyeon started walking by herself, “See you next time, Hyomin-ssi.” Hyomin bid her farewell for that day, and Jiyeon’s heart literally melted.

 

--

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter