An Act Of... [Kindness]

Hopeless Treasure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

===== Hours After The Incident =====

 

Sirens, police, and emergency vehicles surrounded the building. It was early morning when the sun was about to rise, but not everyone has risen from their beds.

 

-- Room 3124 --

 

“Is this the correct room?” Eunjung asked her companion.

 

“Yes, it is.”

 

“What a horrible stench of fresh blood…” Eunjung commented, as she pushed the door slightly and entered, observing the very first image she sees: a man with white, gray hair was pierced through each of his limbs and staked onto the wall with many knives… Too many knives to count without pointing them out one by one. His head dangles down with his eyes open, staring blankly into the bloodied floor of his own pool of blood. It was still fresh. He was just another lifeless being plunged into the wall with knives.

 

Other than the body and the accident, the room seemed to be fine. The man’s belongings were not searched through, and the beds did not look like it has been used much. Eunjung walks around, turning her head and observing every nook and cranny silently, gathering information and taking notes within her brain.

 

She finds a pair of the man’s glasses on the floor, but the lens cracked and broken, and there were several pieces on the floor.

 

Eunjung orders, “Gather these cracked lens. It might be important, and maybe we can see if we’ll be able to find some prints.” Next, something else catches her attention. On the table, she sees a folded, white paper with a corner of red. She opens up the sheet and looks at it:

 

He almost hit me with his car.

He made me get hurt.

This man verbally harassed me;

I was not happy;

He did not deserve to live.

Therefore, I killed him.

 

Eunjung’s investigating partner whistled, “This is a rare kind of motive for a murder, don’t you think, Eunjung-ssi? Is our serial killer someone who takes pride very seriously and someone who is sensitive?”

 

Eunjung stares intently into it, and one of her eyes twitch, “That is possible. Or this might just be an excuse to justify it. After all……”

 

She did not finish.

 

Eunjung sees another part of the folded white paper. Her eyes widened. It reads:

 

Hyomin-ssi, my love, you won’t ever have to fear this man

hurting you again. It’ll be okay.

I am here to protect you.

No one will have you, but me.

No one will hurt you, either.

I want to hold you into my arms and tell you, “It’s okay.”

I love you, Hyomin-ssi.

I can’t wait to see you again.


 

The victim was Mr. Park, Hyomin’s abusive father.

 

--

 

“Eunjung-ssi, how will you explain this little letter that our murderer wrote for us? Who is this directed to? Was this intentionally directed to us, the investigators?” a man asked.

 

“I am pretty sure you can answer it yourself, sir, if this was intentional or not… Anyway, if you analyze this carefully… This culprit knows a lot about Hyomin-ssi. I visited her yesterday in the afternoon, and I saw her having some cuts from pieces of glass, and it was explained to me that Mr. Park has thrown glass cups into the wall, but those shattered pieces cut her and got into her legs and one in the face. It was not pretty.” Eunjung spoke loud and clear.

 

Her audience was paying attention, attentively. Of course, it was “The Decisive” speaking, so all the amateur detectives admire and look up to her, and they would pay attention to all the cases they she was assigned to.

 

“Hyomin is a public figure, however, to be able to see her with those injuries is somewhat surprising. I have no idea how anyone would do so in a quick, fast time. Mr. Park and I should have been the only ones to know she got those injuries on her leg. Her cut on the face was barely noticeable from a distance.” As Eunjung explained, people were writing in their notepads.

 

One detective wrote on his notepad:

stalker

psychopath that has a different definition of “love”

cannot differentiate between “obsession” and “love”

probably a man that is into the business celebrity

shows obsessive possession towards Hyomin-ssi

holds grudges

 

Eunjung continues, “Our general idea of what type of gender our culprit is has been clouded. We are now unsure whether our suspect could be a man or a girl, however, keep in mind that it can still be both due to the harassment --”

 

“But it wasn’t ual harassment, ma’m,” someone within her audience interrupted.

 

“However, it doesn’t mean that a woman can’t be verbally harassed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter