New Job

Hopeless Treasure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunjung and her detective comrades go to the Park residence to begin her job to watch out closely for the FPDM Corps. staff, hoping to catch the serial killer and close the case soon. They arrive at the big gate that closes the entrance to the fountains, gardens, and koi ponds.

 

Of course, just like Jiyeon’s visit and experience, the guards stop her, “Sorry, Mr. Park has given us orders to not allow any reporters in.”

 

Eunjung scoffed, “Wah.. You guys have clearly not seen the newspapers.” She reached for something under her coat -- her badge. She retorted, “I am Detective Ham Eunjung, and I have a permission warrant to enter any property premises no matter who it is. I’ve already gotten permission under the government. You have to let me in whether or not Mr. Park likes it or not.”

 

The pair of guards look at each other and nodded. Then, one of them walked away and talked into their walkie-talkie and the other opened the gates. Eunjung gets back into her car and drives through, along with her comrades.

 

--

 

Inside the mansion, Mr. Park is already at the bottom of the twin staircases, ready to greet his sudden guests. The maids and butler open the doors for them and greet them inside.

 

“My… I did not expect there to be the police involved in this case. Did my daughter do something wrong now? Or did she call you guys on me…” Mr. Park said.

 

“No, that is not the case Mr. Park. I’ll just cut the chase to it and be straightforward. Please do not mind my bluntness, but I don’t want to be wasting my time either.” Eunjung explained, “Recently….. Have you seen the newspapers? There is a serial killer among the city, and their targets are usually wealthy, rich people. Gender does not matter, but most victims have been males.”

 

“M-mwo!?” Mr. Park exclaimed, “I didn’t know it was this serious! Does that mean that my life right now is endangered?”

 

Eunjung lifted her arm and finger up, “I’m saying that your life is a possibility of it being on the line, and that you are a possible target, but that does not mean that you are the next. I’m just making you aware now of what your situation is. And -- your daughter… She’s a leading figure of Korea, and publicly known. I want you to know that her life might be taken away before yours. Park Hyomin, is that correct? Yes… Her.” Eunjung paused.

 

Mr. Park’s expression hasn’t changed. He swallowed and sat back down, gripping on to his cane tightly. He cleared his throat, “Is there anything you can do?”

 

Eunjung answered, “Since you have many bodyguards here at home.. I think you’ll be fine. From what I’ve seen so far, the wealthy people that have been aimed at were so greedy, they did not spend their money on protection, therefore, the killer aimed for the rich without bodyguards, not including the accident with Mr. Cheon, the most recent kill. I think you’re fine, though. Hyomin-ssi should be fine also. She has been donating to the poor and sharing her wealth. I think the culprit will understand and take notice of it.”

 

Mr. Park asked, “I still don’t want her to have a possibility of being killed!!...” He paused and thought for a moment, then proposed a deal, “I have an idea. Can you be my daughter’s personal bodyguard? I want you to protect her as best as you can. We are not on good terms as of now -- I’m sure you’ve heard. I will pay you. I just want you to protect her with your life on the line. Just you - no one else.”

 

Eunjung looked at her comrades. They nodded to her, le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter