That Night

Hopeless Treasure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyomin was standing up, right next to her couch. Jiyeon was across the room against the wall, panting heavily. Eunjung was right outside the door of Hyomin’s apartment. The situation was intense. The Park’s looked at each other.

 

--

 

“Hyomin-ssi? Are you in there?” Eunjung knocked continuously. “Hyomin-ssi?” Inside the apartment, there were the stunned Parks. Jiyeon looked at the door, Hyomin gestured her to hide.

 

 

The door opens for Eunjung. “Sorry, Eunjung-ah.. I was in the restroom.” Hyomin rubbed the back of her neck. She didn’t want Eunjung to misunderstand the situation or to suspect anything. She smiled, with confidence.

 

A pause with Eunjung thinking.

 

She took so long just to answer the door. Feels like something isn’t right, but she just said that she was in the restroom.. That’s all. I shouldn’t get worried over nothing… Eunjung thought. Then, she noticed the cut on her face, “Are you alright? Why is there a cut on your face? Is that the only small injury; are there anymore?” She turned Hyomin around and all over, inspecting her, then she realizes that there was a cut on her thigh and on her calf.

 

“Yah! How did you get all of these cuts?” Eunjung asked.

 

“Oh, no it’s no problem!” After a moment of silence.. The girls stared at each other.

 

Then, Eunjung broke the silence, “Well… May I come in..?”

 

“OH! O-oh..! S-sure.” Hyomin welcomed her in, feeling uneasy.

 

Something is definitely not right.. Maybe I should look around, Eunjung thought. She was being obvious that she was observing Hyomin’s apartment, bending over and looking through every nook and cranny…

 

Meanwhile…

 

Damn it! How does that stupid detective know where Hyomin lives!? How? Why did she have to come here right now of all places! Argh! Then, Jiyeon hears Eunjung’s voice exclaiming, “Yah! How did you get all of these cuts?”

 

No! Not the cuts! Leave the cuts alone! Aish! Why do I have to hide? Jiyeon kept yelling within her mind, Damn it, what should I do? I can’t just stay in here the whole entire time! For who knows how long she would be staying here!?

 

 

Damn, that detective always comes at the wrong time.. Maybe I should kill her soon. Jiyeon sighed quietly with her back against the door, falling down slowly, sitting on the floor with one leg up, and one leg straight and out. She just sat there and stared blankly at whatever was in front of her.

 

A towel… Jiyeon thought. Who knew that the towel would play such a big role to satisfy Jiyeon’s boredom. She grabs it from the metal rack, and she feels the surface of the soft cloth. Then… She closes her eyes and sniffs and smells it for a very long time.

 

It smells like Hyomin… Jiyeon sits back down leaning against the door again. She rubs the towel all over her face, and keeps inhaling over and over again. This scent smells… Soooooo GooooD… Ahh…

 

She did not know time during this moment. She didn’t know how much time has elapsed, or how long she has been locked in the bathroom. Eunjung had already left, and it was time for Hyomin to let Jiyeon out of the bathroom.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter