A Questionable Action

Hopeless Treasure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had mixed feelings about this chapter, whether to put it up or not.. It's weird.. Hope you enjoy it, though.

 

 

 

Jiyeon is chasing after a car on her bike. The car that the wealthy man was in. He insulted Jiyeon which made Jiyeon very upset, and now Jiyeon is getting to know where she should meet the man and make her latest kill.

 

--

 

The car stops in front of a building. Only the man walks out, and he goes to the passenger’s seat’s window. He speaks to the driver, “Meet here, and pick me up again before noon.” Jiyeon, overhearing this, smiles to herself.

 

This will be easy.. I have so much time.

 

The man enters the building, and the car drives away.

 

I always have extra newspapers. Especially for a time like this, these things are useful and are necessary. Jiyeon thought. She went into the building, and saw the man at the counter.

 

“Yes, sir, and your room will be at the very top. Room 3124.”

 

The man nodded and started walking. Before that, he bumped into Jiyeon. His eyes twitched, noticing that she was the same girl on the bike. Jiyeon stared back. For a moment, he paused and stared at her for the time being, then he continued walking, passing her.

 

“Here is your daily newspaper!” Jiyeon handed the newspaper towards the lady at the counter. She smiled and accepted it happily.. The man heard and turned around, seeing Jiyeon looking at him, then he shakes his head a little and continues walking.

 

Meet you in Room 3124, tonight. Jiyeon sent a mental message towards the man.

 

--

 

A few knocks were heard at the door. Hyomin did not want to know who it is, unless it was the one person she was waiting for.

 

“Hyominnie? Are you home? It’s me, Jiyeon-ah. You asked me to come here, are you in --” Instantly, the door opened. The very first greeting that she gives was a really tight hug around Jiyeon’s neck. She buried her face in Jiyeon’s chest and hid her face. Her heart begins to race again, pounding through her chest.

 

You… Why are you doing this to me… I cannot allow it any further. What’s wrong with you right now? You usually aren’t like this either… Something BIG must have happened to you.. But what?

 

“Hyomin-ssi?”

 

“I-I said not to call me that.. *sniff* Just Hyominnie, or my name w-will *sob* b-be f-fine,” she said. There were sniffles and sobs in between some of her words.

 

“Hyomin-ah, what happened to you? Why are you like this?”

 

“C-c-come i-in.” Hyomin took Jiyeon into her apartment. Jiyeon looks around in amazement. It was spacious inside and roomy. It gave off a cozy, comfortable vibe to everyone within the house. She was surprised though. It was emptier than she thought it would be. There were nothing on her walls except for paintings and self-portraits of her beautiful body and face. She was a model after all.

 

But the thing was that.. There were no family portraits at all. Despite her outer appearances of being happy and a smiling angel who smiles a lot, she would seem like a daughter who was close to her family.

 

“T-this is just one of my private studios and home that I go to. It’s a small apartment, but I really like it.”

 

“S-small? This isn’t small at all, no no! It’s really comfortable and it gives me a cozy, fuzzy feeling in here. I like it, too.” Jiyeon answered.

 

No wonder.. Maybe it’s just a little studio and a small home that she rarely uses. So there are barely any personal belongings in here. Especially family pictures.

 

“I use this apartment a lot.” Hyomin replied, as though she read Jiyeon’s mind and answered her question. It contradicted what Jiyeon thought. “Even though it looks like hardly anyone stays and occupies here, I do.. A lot.” She sort of laughed..

 

Hyomin thought, Now that I’m alone with her.. I feel a lot of warmth. I feel like she’s the only one right now that would understand me… After all.. What just happened… I’m not okay. I’m not alright. It’ll be hard for me to smile again. Especially what just happened…… It really hurt. She turned towards Jiyeon and faced her, forgetting about the cut that she got from the broken glass.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter