2010 part 2

Confession

During the concert they wanted to give them a great performance. They wanted to fill in the hole for the missing members. They all huddled up in a group and just like what Siwon had suggested prayed for the concert to go well. It might not be the same like the others, there might be some missing members, but they're still Super Junior. They shouted a cheer for their group just before they went out the stage. They did their usual routine. Happy faces, energetic dances and lively singing. It was all going fine until that one song.

(A/N: I recommend watching this ^^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDQEYDsNONo. Yes, it's old but we all need a reminder of why we are ELF right? :))

Leeteuk swore to himself that he wouldn't cry no matter what and he tried, he tried so hard not to but it was impossible. The moment the music began tears swelled up in his eyes. It may be hard to believe but that one song was really precious to them all. A song full of promises and words that they treasured. It's just one song but the hidden message that was in it was one they would never and should never forget it. Heechul was trying to be indifferent about it. He sat in his chair on stage and tried to remain compose. However it seemed that he didn't have a good spot because right there in front of him was a sign. It was a well lit sign, a fan held it up high and proud and Heechul was able to read it very well. He may not be good in English, he may know little to no Chinese but those characters, it can only spell one name. A name that he will never forget no matter how hard he tries. Hangeng. Then all memories of their experiences together came flashing in his mind. His smiles, his hugs, his kiss, his warmth, he misses all of it. Tears started to roll one by one until they were flowing down like a river. The other members continued on with their singing but they were relieved and at the same time sad to see Heechul crying like that. After the song they went backs stage and they made sure to give Heechul some space. 

"Heechul-ah I," Leeteuk started but then was stopped by Heechul.

"Hyung, I...I know," his voice began to shake a little bit, "I just need a little more time. please."

Not once did Leeteuk see Heechul so vulnerable like this. He suppose it wouldn't be a first time for Heechul but then again they never saw this side of Heechul before because Hankyung would never let that happen. He went up to him and gave him a hug since it seemed to be the only thing he would be able to do for him right now. Heechul hugged him back as his tears soaked Leeteuk's shirt. The other members who were watching the scene one by one joined the hug. As the group held each other close they remembered the presence of the missing 3 and for the rest of the show they tried their best to use the strength they regained from that short moment of closure with each other.

Heechul went back to his hotel room while the other members went out to drink. They didn't want to leave him alone but they figured that maybe by giving him some more alone time he would figure things out better. He entered the room and sat on his bed. He looked blankly at the floor for a while before getting Hankyung's photo out of his luggage. He looked at it and caressed it in his arms. Unknowingly his tears started to flow and droplets of it dropped one by one on the frame. He immediately wiped the water from the frame and on his face. Then his phone rang beside the table. He didn't need to look to know who's calling.

"Hello," he answered his voice a little rough from his crying.

"Heechul-ah," Hankyung's voice was heard, "finally you answered one of my calls."

"What do you want?"

It was silent after that. Heechul was starting to think that Hankyung was gone and was about to hang up when he heard his voice again.

"I miss you."

"..."

"Heechul I'm sorry. Please, please stop ignoring me," Hankyung sounded so pitiful and desperate on the phone. Heechul felt hurt and had a little bit of self-hatred with his actions.

"Hankyung I-"

"I know I should have told you. I know I shouldn't  have done it but Heechul I hope you understand why I'm doing this. You should know by now that the last thing I want to do in my entire life time is to be away from you."

"Hankyung-"

"I wanted to tell you but I didn't want you to get involve. I know it sounds stupid but I know what you're going to do and I can't let you do that."

Heechul felt angry at Hankyung's words. So before Hankyung can even continue he cut him off with his own.

"What the hell is that suppose to mean huh?!? Are you saying that I'm not noble enough for you?!? That you're better off by yourself!! Well you know what, if this is one of your ways of saying that you wanted to break up with me then you could've just said so!! You didn't have to go and create some drama. Sure I'm gonna around for a few days but what kind of person wouldn't after your unreasonable boyfriend decided to dump you huh?!? tell me!! tell me!!"

"Heechul...I...that..isn't what..I meant. I don't want to break-up with you. I-"

"Of course you don't. You wanted to break up with the band but since I'm your boyfriend you decided to treat me special and crushed my heart instead."

"Heechul, please stop it"

""What, 'stop it,' how dare you say that to me. You wanted to leave then leave. Don't try to call me or text me or any of that other stuff. Your words can never be enough to fix what you did. It will never be enough."

Heechul had tears rolling down his face with every word he said. He's angered voice covered up her crying state but Hankyung being Hankyung knows better. Things were quiet for a long while. Hankyung could now clearly hear Heechul crying through the phone and felt his hear twist even more. He didn't felt hurt by Heechul's words but by his actions. He knows what Heechul really meant when he said those words and hearing him cry just made him feel like the biggest jerk on the planet.

"I love you."

Heechul's sobs became even more audible after that. Between his tears he was able to mutter the words "I miss you" and although it may be inaudible to others, Hankyung was able to hear it loud and clear. Leeteuk entered the room that night to see Heechul fast asleep and the phone in his ear. His face had traces of tears but what made him smile a little bit was the fact that Heechul had that little smile on his face and hugging a photo of a person he could only guess.


 They went back to Korea a few days after that. Heechul was more or less back to his old self. He was able to express himself once more and was being more expressive about his feeling on Hankyung's departure. He even wrote something for the fans-but it was secretly for Hankyung-in his cyworld about it. 'No one will be able to appreciate what they have until it's gone.' Heechul never understood these words until now that he's lost the most precious person in his life. They started working on their next album after they came back. It was a little awkward at first considering that they were missing 3 members but they slowly got use to it. They were also anxious about what the outcome would be like now that they're only 10.