2004

Confession

It was this year when Donghae finally realized his feelings for Hyukjae. He was sitting in a random corner analyzing and sorting out his own mind about Hyukjae. They've known each other for about 2 years now. They met when Donghae got lost navigating his way around SM's giant building and accidentally walked in on Hyukjae practicing on his own. He knew he wasn't supposed to spy on him but his moves looked so flawless and his body moved so gently that he kinda just ended up staring at him. Although it was completely by accident, that was one mistake Donghae did not regret. He smiled even more remembering Hyukjae's surprised face upon seeing him.

*flashback*

Hyukjae turned around once he saw Donghae's reflection in the mirror. He swiftly turned around only to be greeted by Donghae's drooling face. He was a little reluctant to go near him but seeing that the boy seemed to be in some sort of trance he decided to see if he was okay.

"Uhm..ah..e-excuse me"

Upon hearing Hyukjae's voice, Donghae snapped out of whatver spell he found himself in and had to do a double take to re-orient himself. He was so out of it that when he noticed that Hyukjae was now only an arms length away from him, his cheeks heated up and felt his heart race just a bit faster than usual.

"A-Are you okay?"

"uh...I...uhm...ah...y..es...I..m-mean," Donghae cursed himself for stuttering like an idiot in front of the latter.

Hyukjae covered his mouth to cover his giggles but he wasn't able to cover up his laughter. Donghae blushed feeling very self-conscious right now because the mesmerizing guy in front of him was laughing at his stupidity. After a while Hyukjae's laughter died down but he would still give a little chuckle every time he looks at Donghae.

"Yah! stop laughing already," Donghae whined.

Hyukjae laughed even more hearing Donghae whine.

"You're really cute you know," Hyukjae accidentally said.

Donghae was surprised hearing that and blushed a little. He looked at Hyukjae who was blushing from his mistake and smirked. It was his turn.

"Thank you," Donghae said. "You're not too bad yourself"

Hyukjae blushed even more hearing that and looked sown at the floor. Donghae smiled even more seeing Hyukjae's blushing cute face. He tried to cover up the butterflies in his stomach by laughing. Hyukjae looked up at Donghae and smiled hearing him laugh. As he continued to look at Donghae he realized something.

"Hey! you're that kid that won the most handsome contest or something. Lee Donghae right?"

Donghae was surprised hearing that but nevertheless smiled proudly.

"Yup, that's me," he then looked at Hyukjae and asked. "What's our name?"

Hyukjae showed him his gummy smile and answered,"Lee Hyukjae."

Donghae doesn't think he'd ever seen smile quite as handsomely as Hyukjae did at that moment.

*end of flashback*

Donghae's trip down memory lane was cut short when Hyukjae came running happily inside the room and sat right beside him. He chuckled seeing Hyukjae so hyper and even more seeing his face a little bit red. 'He must've ran the whole way here from wherever he was,' thought Donghae.

"Hey, Donghae guess what I found out!" Hyukjae asked him excitedly.

"uhm..you fou-," before he can even answer Hyukjae cut him off.

"Never mind, I'll just tell you. We're going to be in the same group!!"

Donghae raised his brows and asked,"how do you know?"

"Yah! what kind of response is that?"

"I'm sorry Hyukkie but you're not exactly what I would call the 'reliable' resource," Donghae said quoting the word reliable.

Hyukjae pouted before answering him,"Sungmin hyung told me,okay? He's included in our group too!"

Donghae frowned hearing Sungmin's name,"why would he be included?"

Hyukjae shrugged his shoulders as an answer.

"Come on hae~ lets go~," Hyukjae said pulling on Donghae's arms.

"Where are we going?"

"We have this meeting with Lee Sooman sunbaenim"

"How come I'm only hearing this now?"

"Because," Hyukjae said loudly before completely ignoring Donghae's question and just kept dragging him to the upper floor.

"What's the meeting for?"

"We're going to meet the rest of the group."

Donghae wanted to asked what he meant by 'the rest of the group' but seeing Hyukjae's excited face he chose to keep quiet and just waited for the elevator to reach the top level. Once they heard the elevator ding they walked out and entered the office. They were surprise to see so many people inside. Hyukjae pulled Donghae to sit next to him as he sat next to Sungmin. Sungmin looked at him and gave him a huge smile.

"Hello Hyuk~"

"Hi Minnie hyung~"

Sooman entered the room and they all quieted down. He sat in the middle of them as they waited for him to talk,

"So as all of you can see, they are quite a few of you guys in here today. All of you will be in one group."

They were all surprise to hear that. They can't believe that more than 10 guys can be in one group.

"Don't you think that's too many," Donghae looked at the voice and wondered why there was a girl in their group.

"Yes, I am aware that the number is huge. I'm trying to show to people that the people in a group doesn't matter but the way they work together and how well they could do it. I put a lot of faith in this group and  hope you guys won't disappoint me." He then took out a folder. He gave them to each one of them and continued his words, "this would be your contract for this company. For now you would be called Super Junior05 and you will make your debut next year at November 6." He then took out another set of papers and gave it to them, "This would be your practice schedules and make sure that you guys won't be late on any of them. Park Jungsu would be the leader of your group as he is the oldest member. Any question?"

Hyukjae raised his hand,"why is there an 05 at the of our group?"

"The next set of Super Junior generations has to have a different group name of course."

A collective sound of gasps was heard. Donghae then asked what everyone in the room had in their minds.

"What do you mean next set? This is not official?"

"It's official but it would be changing every year."

Some of them wanted to ask more Sooman cut them off by raising his hand as a sign that he wouldn't answer any further questions.

"You guys may leave now but Hyukjae,Jungsu, Youngwoon, Donghee and Jongwoon please stay for a little while I have things to discuss with you."

Donghae left the room and he waited outside for Hyukjae. He waited for half an hour for Hyukjae to come out. He had a small smile on and as he continued to get closer to Donghae, his sadness became more visible to him.

"Hyukkie~ what's wrong?"

"I can't be Hyukjae anymore."

Donghae pulled him in for an embrace and was confused with what he was trying to say and asked him what he meant. Hyukjae pulled away from Donghae. He did a ninety degrees bow to Donghae and introduced himself to him.

"annyeonghaseyo Eunhyuk-imnida" (a/n: I'm not really sure if there's suppose to be a dash in there or not.)

"Eunhyuk??who's Eunhyuk"

"Eunhyuk is the one going on stage. Hyukjae isn't fit for the glamorous world of idols."

"Don't say that!"

"but it's true. I-"

Donghae cut him off and said, "No it's not!"

Hyukjae became silent and looked down at the floor. Donghae grabbed his shoulders and made him look in his eyes.

"Look, I don't care if you're Hyukjae or Eunhyuk. Everyone can call you whatever they want but remember whatever you do and wherever you go you will always and only be Hyukjae to me."

Hyukjae smiled at Donghae and gave him a tight hug. Donghae felt his heart beat in an insane speed and as he held Hyukjae close that night he knew there was no way he will be able to let him go.