Grab Her Hand Instead of Her Wrist.

The Red of the Witch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]You fill the room with sweet sensation
distracting bits of information
crowd the space where logic dwells
distorting sights and sounds and smells
touching me with tactile pleasure
pushing me beyond a measure
of reasonable doubt that soon I sense
I'm nowhere in the present tense.
[/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2] [/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]    “I guess I’ll have to protect you from any kind of harm then.” My face grew flustered, I could feel my body heat rising up to the top of my head. He got out of the bed, “we’ll have to go to the town today…”

    I gazed up at him with a confused look. “Why?”

    “Your dress,” I looked down at what I was wearing. I noticed the tip of the white dress had a dark brownish texture, it was a burnt mark. “Did you burn my dress?” 

    He smirked, “yeah, accidentally. You know how I kept repeating ‘strange’ yesterday?” I nodded, “well, it felt like I was stronger the first time I laid my eyes on you. I mean, I am stronger on a night with full moon, but I was more powerful when I came in contact with you and it caused me to get… semi-out-of-control explaining that mark," he scracted the back of his neck, "but I put the flame out just in time.” It was as if he wanted me to praise him for doing something amazing.

    I nodded, smiling to myself, “so… What’s the dress got to do with us going to the town?”

    He chuckled with amusement. “We gotta get you a new dress and some sets of clothes and shoes.”

    “But I’m fine with just this dress,” I realized I didn’t have my red riding hood, “and where’s my red riding hood?” 

    “Oh, that one's not burnt, Kai and Sehun are doing the laundry today down by the river bank. And you’ll need more comfortable clothes when you’re out here in the woods, also- I can’t have my mate wearing something I ruined.”

    I squinted my eyes when I realized something, “wait, so we’re going to the town where they sent me as the sacrifice? Are you insane-”

    “No, it’s a different town. A bigger one. It’s an hour ride there by horse and-”

    “Wait, you guys own horses?”

    He blinked before answering, “yeah. The horses are our disguise to tell the town folks that we’re travellers or farmers.”

    

    I followed Chanyeol as he led me outside into the woods, he stopped, making me hit my nose on his back because I was spacing out. He turned around, “are you alright?” I nodded as I rubbed my nose hoping that it wasn’t twisted or anything like that. “I’m sorry,” I heard and I nodded again.

    There weren’t fences to keep any horses- instead, the horses were roaming free. There weren’t many in this area, but there was one horse that I fell in love with. It was jet black, its eyes were fierce, and I could tell it was well bred and trained. It came towards me and bent its neck down into a bow formidable for a horse. I pet it with a big smile on my face, “what’s its name?” I looked up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter