Our Own Little Secret.

The Red of the Witch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.[/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]Day Two[/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]    “Because I think you’re supposed to be my mate.”

    I froze, my eyes squinted as I asked “what?”

    Did I hear wrong? Was my hearing going deaf? What did he say? ... Can he repeat? “You're...” Park Chanyeol paused, he looked up directly staring into my red tinted dark brown orbs, “you're my mate.”

    “What?!?!” I heard Sehun and Luhan say in sync.

    A couple of seconds later, two more boys entered the scene, I didn’t bother to look towards their direction to see what they looked like, I just kept my eyes on Park Chanyeol, his words lingering inside my head. “What’s going on?” That’s what I’d like to ask.

    “Tao! Kris! Chanyeol finally found his mate!” Luhan screamed in excitement as he pointed to Chanyeol.

    I looked towards the boys, I shook my head with a scoff, “no, no… I’m just the sacrifice, I’m just... food.” I looked back at Chanyeol, his face darkened from my comment. “Park Chanyeol-ssi, I’m sure you got the wrong girl, I’m-”

    “I didn’t. You’re special. Your smell and your aura. The light surrounding you, the colour of your blood… Everything…”

    "W-Well, that's probably because you're hungry. I'm-"

    “Human, you’ll soon feel something within you change that's when you'll know that you are in fact his mate.” It was the male I presume as Kris. 

    I paused and stared up at Park Chanyeol, "fine, I'll wait until then. If I do feel something inside me that's out of the ordinary, I'll accept the fact that I'm... your mate, but I bet I’m not the girl you’re looking for.” I’m a witch, I can’t be a werewolf’s mate. It’s nearly impossible… I heard strange things about witches being mates with werewolves- but rarely. Some say when a witch bears a child of a werewolf, her mind and body will deal with severe consequences...

    “You’re scared of being a werewolf’s mate, but you act as if you’re not worried about getting eaten alive,” Suho said.

    “I’m just…” If I ever lived in the future, I dreamed of a normal life; a life of a human’s. I’m a witch, but I always thought if I kept my secret hidden and buried with me to my grave, I would’ve turned out just fine. No death threats, no harm, no nothing, just a simple and plain life and future. But that's not possible for a witch, every possible fate I could think of end up with my death. Nothing like being a werewolf’s mate. And plus, we don’t love each other, we might never will. I want love. I want to fall in love. I never experienced anything such as love. Maybe I’m just being winey and a hopeless romantic, but…

    “… Rin..!” 

 

 

    I shot up from the bed, realizing that I’m not in my master’s manor anymore, but the werewolves’ mansion. 

    “You’re awake?” A boy asked, he looked purely innocent to be a werewolf. “My name’s Lay in case you’re wondering.”

    “How long was I out?” I asked groggily as I brought my hand to touch the side of my head where it feels like thorns piercing through. Laying back down, I could feel coldness fill the air around me.

    “Couple of hours. You’re not going to tell me your name?” 

    I stared at the blank ceiling and then a shiver, “Rin,” I answered and then closed my eyes again. “Why did I faint?”

    “Exhaustion, stress, hunger, and drowsiness. It looked like you didn’t get an ounce of sleep or food in your system.”

    “Are you a doctor?” There weren’t many doctors in the village, two at the least. I always got sick easily, I was fragile and weak, but my master had provided me with a doctor adding more dept into my petty life.

    “I’m a healer.”

    What’s the difference? Aren’t they the same thing? “Are you one of the werewolves?” I asked, wanting to change the topic.

    “Yes,” he chuckled before continuing, “some call me a unicorn.”

    I let out a weak chuckle, “why?”

    “Because my power is to heal and unicorns have the ability to heal.”

    I nodded my head, “I like the nickname.”  

    There was a set of knock on the door, in came another boy with a tray of food. He froze when our eyes met, his irises weren’t tiny but it looked as if the whites had more dominence. “I-I brought you your food. You must be hungry.” He set the tray down in front of me over my legs as I sat up straight again without any strength.

    Bread, bacon, scrambled eggs, and water. I looked out to the window, it would be breakfast time now. I looked up at the boy who was standing awkwardly, “thanks.” Strangely, the room's temperature degraded more, making me shiver again.

    “D.O,” I heard him say, I gazed up again from the food, “my name… it’s D.O.”

    I smiled, “Rin,” I chuckled wearkly, “my name… it’s Rin,” I imitated him. Lay chuckled with me, making D.O smile nervously at me. I started digging into my plate. It was delicious, although the food seemed to cooled down faster when I bit into them, but they were better than the head chef at mayor’s mansion’s cooking. “You’re a werewolf, yet the food you cook is delicious. I thought werewolves ate meat that’s uncooked.”

    “We do eat meat that’s uncooked. But we also eat human food as well when there’s no choice. We prefer humans or lions and tigers. Bears are our se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter