I'm Just a Sacrifice.

The Red of the Witch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.[/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2] [/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]    My feet hurt, just a few cuts here and there. I looked behind me and saw that there were bloodied footprints. By now the handcuffs were bloodied too, just a little bit. The leather handcuffs weren’t tight but I felt them rubbing against my skin countless times, hence the blood. 

    Although I was a witch, healing was not one of my powers. Also, I'm not a powerful witch, I'm just mediocre; plain. I didn’t practice witchcraft, even though I wish I did as of now. I could’ve flown off into the wind to another land whenever I had the chance back in the village. But it was too late now. 

    “Are we almost there yet?” I asked, looking up at the now-reddened sky. The sun was rising meaning that hours passed. 

    “We’re almost there.”

    “You said that five minutes ago, and the five minute before that, and the five minutes before that, and the five min-”

    “And you asked me the same question before my every answer.” That’s when I noticed the sound of something I wasn't familiar with. It sounded like heavy rain, but worse, maybe flood. We walked closer to the sound, it revealed a river bank in which large amounts of water fell from a tall cliff making that sound.

    I gaped at it, “what is it?” I asked, amazed at the magnificent view. It was beautiful. I’ve only seen water that was poured into a bucket but that was it. I never ventured outside of the mansion before so this was new to me.

    “What? You don’t know what that is? Are you stupid?” He couldn’t see my face under the red hood so I scowled at him. “That, human, is a waterfall.” He pulled my chain towards him, “come.” He led us to the falling water, I-I mean- waterfall. When we were in the water in front of the waterfall, I gazed up- my hood still covering half my face-, noticing a rainbow and a tree grabbing onto a boulder in the middle of the waterfall, my jaw dropped at how amazing the scenery looked. “What, you don’t know what that is either?” He asked, but I knew he was teasing with me with the way he smirked.

    I hid my smile behind my big red hood, “it’s a rainbow, isn’t it? I heard that at the end of the rainbow, you’ll find a pot of gold.” I turned to my side, “is it true?” 

    As the male was about to answer my naive question, a head popped up from behind the waterfall, I screamed and landed on my in surprise, my hood fell back revealing my full head. I heard Chanyeol's air cut off for some unknown reason as he remain frozen and rooted in his position. The stranger only kept his eyes on me, then Chanyeol followed his gaze down to me. His widened eyes widened even bigger and rounder. 

    “You’re the sacrifice?” The male in front asked. The two males pulled me up from the water.

    “I am,” I answered without hesitation.

    I eyed them suspiciously when they stayed so close to me, but my suspicion came to a stop when they were only near me to sniff my smell. “… Weird," I heard Chanyeol mutter.

    It was said that the red riding hood had to be worn to cover our scents, only then the wolves will come curiously to the sacrifice. I guess the smell emits when the hood is taken off. But what about blood? Don't they smell the blood too?

    “Better than any other sacrifices we’ve had,” the stranger pointed out.

    “Hyung…” Chanyeol was whispering

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter