A Fragile Creature.

The Red of the Witch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]A red string of fate drags through us all, transforms each of us from, what we could have been, to what we were meant to be.[/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]Day Three[/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]   “You’ll be sharing the room with Chanyeolie,” Suho informed to me with a smile, his arm hanging onto Chanyeol's shoulder. 

    I didn’t return his smile. I didn’t want to share a room with a boy whom I’ve only known for more or less 24 hours. Wouldn’t it turn out awkward? What if he loses it and jumps on me while I’m asleep? Would I even fall asleep? “Can I just have a seperate room?” I ignored Chanyeol’s descouraged look that was directed at me.

    “For the first few days, you guys have to sleep together. If you don’t, well- let's just say that you guys will die a slow painful death from your symptoms.” I couldn't really argue against him from what he said, so when I couldn't respond, the alpha turned to the door and walked towards it, my eyes following his movement. “Good night.”

    I stared at the closed door. I let out a sigh, “do you not like being with me?” I heard Chanyeol ask causing me to I flinch in surprise. 

    “I- I… No, it’s just…”

    “Just what?” He demanded. His hand gripped my shoulder and whipped me around for me to face him, but being the wimp I am, I avoided his eyes, I didn’t want to fall under his spell again like I did previously when I was in the 'now-destroyed' room. “Look at me,” he ordered. 

    My eyes stayed stuck to the side, but he cupped my cheeks gently turning my face towards him, I couldn’t help but stare at him now. I could feel my temperature rising from the direct contact my eyes made with his. But this time, it wasn’t the symptom, it was my heart and brain that were causing me to flush with redness. My eyes wandered from his brown eyes down to his lips and then back up at his eyes again.  “I don’t know,” I finally answered his question quivering from his warm touch. 

    “Do you hate me?” It was the same question he asked when I pushed him away at that room.

    I shook my head, “no.”

    He cleared his throat after biting his lips to not show me his smile. “Then, what is it?” He paused, letting go of my cheeks, knowing that my eyes won’t wander anymore, “did I do something to upset you?”

    I shook my head again, “no. I-I’m just really tired… I’m going to bed.” He let the topic go sensing my nervousness, “w-where do I sleep?” 

    “On that bed, where else?” He pointed to the only bed in the large room.

    “W-Where will you sleep then?” 

    He chuckled, “on the same bed… Where else?” I widened my eyes and glanced up at him. He gave me an amuzed smirk while my eyes twitched. I brought up my hands to form an ‘X’ to cover my chest. “Relax, I’m not going to do anything to you.” 

    I didn’t lower my hands, I didn’t trust him. I’m a Mary, I never had , but the maids always talked about it when I worked at the mansion. Being the curious evesdropper I am, I listened in on their conversations. But I’ve never seen- what they call- a before… Come to think of it, I didn't feel like a Mary when Chanyeol came into the room where I was resting in after fainting; when my temperature was at its lowest, and I happen to wrap my arms around this guy's neck, buried my face into his chest. That's the first time I've ever even touched a male.

    We stood there for a couple of minutes, I flinched when he started moving. He walked towards another door, into the washroom. I stood there for a few more minutes, scared of how this night will turn out. I walked towards the bed, crawled inside of the blankets, and sniffed the bed. I know I’m being creepy, but the bed held his sweet scent but not as strong as when we were dealing with our symptoms. The same aroma from before lingered on his sheets. I inhaled the scent on his pillow too. All of this scent made me feel like I was addicted to him; to his scent, and I probably was.

    I stopped myself from sniffing when I realized how weird my behavior had been lately, laid my head down on his pillow, and closed my eyes. As if I was a human rader, I felt him walking towards me, towards the bed. It was as if we had red strings of fate -tied on our fingers- connecting us. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter