New Friend.

Things Aren't As Simple As You Think

 

The silence continued to the next morning’s breakfast on the dining table. Peering at all her unnies and oppas’s expressionless faces, SoHyun bit on her lip stirring her orange juice even faster, hoping to make some noise to easen the silence that seems to be unbreakable. Sighing heavily, SoHyun picked up her bag that was right at her left and stood up.

 

I want to take a bus to school today.” SoHyun murmured as she strode out of the house quietly. Closing the door softly, SoHyun walked slowly to the nearby bus stop.

 

Sitting down on the bench, she waited for her bus to come. Her usual cheery and smiley face was replaced by a small pout on her lips and a downcast face. Looking up from the floor, she stood up as she saw her bus had arrived. Sitting down on a random seat, SoHyun looked out of the window.

 

*It’s so awkward at home now and I can’t even do anything to help to ease the atmosphere… I feel so useless.* SoHyun was so in deep thought that she didn’t even realize someone sat next to her.

 

*When in the past, whenever we had a fight or a quarrel within us, Joon or Mir oppas were able to ease the atmosphere so easily. Why can’t I just be like them? I’m a useless maknae. Only knows how to use guns to protect myself and full stop, I know nothing else. Why am I so stupid? * Tears started to form rapidly in her eyes and fell down her chubby cheeks.  She lowered her head as her hair, which is colored with caramel colored washable-dye, fell down over her face as a curtain.

 

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a packet of tissue appeared next to her face. SoHyun covered her nose as she stared at the packet of tissue before staring at the person who offered her tissue. It was a boy with brown hair and a nerdy spectacles looking away awkwardly. SoHyun blinked as she took a piece of tissue, wiping her tears as she murmured,

 

Kamsahamnida.” The boy gave SoHyun a goofy smile as he nodded,

 

You’re welcome! Oh! By the way, you’re from my school right?” the boy blinked as SoHyun looked weirdly at him before at his uniform.

 

*Oh yeah. Why hadn’t I seen him before in school?* SoHyun thought as she warily nodded.

 

Heh. Hello. My name is Lee ByungHun, what’s yours?” The boy gave his goofy smile again as SoHyun, for the first time replied properly to his question.

 

My name…. Is SoHyun. Kwon SoHyun.” She said as she smiled back at her new friend, ByungHun.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hours passed since SoHyun last saw that boy that gave her a tissue, she was pretty sure that he was older than her because she hasn’t seen him before in any of her classes. It was recess and she is pretty confident that she would find him. Just before she could get away from her unnies, HyunAh dragged her maknae to the canteen. Just as SoHyun was being dragged away, SoHyun pouted.

 

*I guess, I can go find him later right?* Following the rest of 4minute, SoHyun walked into the canteen, only to find the canteen howling with laugher. 4minute frowned as they all thought,

 

*What’s going on?* SoHyun looked around as she suddenly spotted a familiar brown head. Realising that brown head is her new friend; she walked in front of her unnies and into the crowd. Realizing that brown head is her new friend; she walked in front of her unnies and into the crowd. The howling crowd immediately quietens down at the sight of the 4minute girls.

 

You ing nerd. One look at your face just makes me want to puke, even the milk that I poured over your head will get sour because at the touch of your disgusting skin.” The girl cackled loudly. Expressionless, SoHyun replied.

 

Then do you need me to dig out your eyes?” The girl spins around immediately at the sound of the girl who dared to oppose her. Her eyes widen at the five pretty girls in front of her, feeling threatened. She flipped her hair as she walked in front of SoHyun.

 

I. Am J.Cube high’s queenka group ‘Girl’s Day’ member MinAh. And who might you be, little girl?” The girl, MinAh asked as she twirled her hair with her index finger. SoHyun smirked,

 

Ex-queenka, you mean? Because. Now 4minute’s in charge, Girl’s Day, you're officially outcasted.”