The Meeting

Things Aren't As Simple As You Think

 

Two girl gangs and one boy gang were sitting together inside a living room, with eerie and awkward silence that filled the air that surrounded them. Unable to stand the atmosphere any longer, the eldest among all 14 people present, MBLAQ’s leader, Yang SeungHo cleared his throat as he eyed at the 4minute leader that was staring blankly at the wall in front of her, as her left hand kept flicking on the lighter, playing with the fire, indicating that she was thinking of something intently.

 

JiHyun-ah. So… Why did you ask for an emergency meeting all of a sudden?” SeungHo asked as he stared at JiHyun together with the other 12 people. As the question left his mouth, JiHyun abruptly stopped flicking the lighter.

 

Unknown to everyone else, before she summoned her members for the meeting, she was determined to destroy BIGBANG. But for some reason that she herself don’t even know, she was hesitant about the idea all of a sudden when everyone sat down beside her.

 

I was just thinking… if I should report about their betrayal to us…” JiHyun trailed off as she flicked her lighter one more time.

 

Fear and horror flashed on the caramel-headed girl as she shook her head slowly, eyes wide and mouth agape. Bom stood up abruptly as she glared down at JiHyun who’s looking at her lighter’s fire.

 

JIHYUN. I know that the five of them are in the wrong. But this is.... THIS IS OVERBOARD! Don’t you know that if you report them, they can never step out of the mafia house anymore? Spare a thought for them, will you?! By the way, they only sided with your arch-enemy, not like they bashed you up anyway!” Bom screamed as her hands clenched tightly in anger. JiHyun snapped her lighter shut as she stood up abruptly as well, glaring her unnie eye-to-eye.

 

Park Bom. Spare them a thought? Have them spare one for me? You don’t know the whole story, don’t assume you do.” JiHyun breathed as she clenched the lighter tightly with her left hand. Bom scoffed as she crossed her arms.

 

Oh really? Tell me what I don’t know then.” Bom said as she eyed her dongsaeng, the other 12 people stared as they watched the two females argue it out. JiHyun bit harshly on her lower lip as she began talking,

 

You don’t know why I became the 4minute leader. You don’t know how B2ST became our arch enemy. You don’t know why I became so fake. You don’t know why my attitude changed so much. You don’t know anything.” JiHyun said as Bom stared into her eyes. She would have sweared that she saw a flash of hurt in her eyes. *Maybe… I really don’t know anything…* Bom thought sadly as she stared at JiHyun. The anger in  her disappeared all of a sudden, replaced by a feeling of guilt that she screamed at her dongsaeng without clearing up things first.

 

I—I’m sorry, JiHyun.” Bom whispered as she looked away and sat down quietly. JiHyun sighed softly as she looked out of the window.

 

You know… I guess we should just let things cool down between us before we make any decision. Meeting dismissed.” JiHyun said as she left the others and walked up the stairs, leaving everyone else inside the quiet, solemn silence.