L: The Girl in the Phone Booth

One Shot Collection!

You were sitting in your room working on your very last college assignment. It was your last final, for your last class, for you last year of college and you were slightly freaking out inside. What now? You weren’t exactly sure. Work, obviously, but what about life in general? Who were you now that you were about to graduate?

You sighed, threw down your pencil, and ran your hands through your hair. Time moves too quickly.

Suddenly you heard a tapping noise on your window and you straightened up in your chair. Your house was only one story high so anything could be making that noise. You turned around and saw something that made your face break out into a huge smile. It was your boyfriend, Kim Myungsoo.

You stood up and walked to the window, not really caring that you looked like a mess. This was Myungsoo. He loved you no matter what you looked like.

You slid the window open and Myungsoo waved, giving you that adorable, dimpled smile in the process. “What are you doing out there?” you asked him. “Come inside.”

Myungsoo didn’t respond. Instead he pulled what looked like a huge pad of paper out from behind his back and opened it to the first page.

“_____,” it said, with a little smiley face next to it. He turned the page again. “It’s already been 1000 days since we first met.”

You smiled. You didn’t think he would have remembered that. You did, of course, but that’s what girl’s do; remember not really important dates because it makes them happy. Myungsoo turned the page.

“Do you remember the day we first met?” he dimpled again and cocked his head to the side, making you want to grab his face and kiss him because he was so cute. You just nodded instead. Page turn.

“You were in a red phone booth on a rainy day,” it said, a little umbrella drawn next to the words. Then Myungsoo leaned down and picked something off the ground and held it out for you. It was a miniature red phone booth.

“Oh, Myungsoo,” you whispered and took the replica. It looked exactly like the one you had been standing in all that time ago. Just looking at it made you remember it perfectly.

 

 

You ran through the pouring rain, splashing in puddles, not really caring that you were soaked to the skin. It was a beautiful rain. It was refreshing after spending hours in your college classrooms. You laughed out loud as you ran. Suddenly lightning flashed across the sky and thunder answered a few seconds later. It wasn’t close to you but you knew better than to be outside while wild electricity was flying through the air. There were no shops on this stretch of the street, except for closed ones, but you saw a little, red phone booth a small way in front of you. It was better than nothing. You opened the door and slipped inside, the temperature a few degrees colder than what it was outside. You ran a hand through your hair, attempting to comb out a few of the snarls, and twisted your skirt in your hands to expel some water. A small puddle was forming where you stood.

Realizing that you didn’t want to wait around for the rain to stop you decided to call your mom to come pick you up. You reached into your purse and were hit with the sickening realization that you had left your phone in the classroom. Then you rummaged around for spare change. You were in a phone booth after all. Nothing.

“Ottokaji?” you asked yourself out loud.

You peered out onto the rainy streets and saw someone walking your way. Well, it was worth a shot.

Gathering your purse up, you opened the door and ran back out into the rain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L was mentally punching himself in the face. Of all days he decided to walk to get coffee from the practice room it had to be the day it started raining. Perfect. At least the practice room was just down the road.

Suddenly his phone started ringing. “Yeoboseyo?” he answered.

“L-ah, are you almost back?” Dongwoo asked. “It looks like it’s raining out.”

L smirked. “Really, I hadn’t noticed.”

“Oh,” Dongwoo said, realizing just in that moment that L was walking in the rain, “right.”

“I’ll be back in a few minutes,” L replied and looked around to regain his bearings. That’s when he saw her. There was a red phone booth standing all by itself and, inside, there was the most beautiful girl L had ever seen in his life. She was completely soaked but her long, dark hair was still shining. Her style was beautifully vintage. Her lips were smiling. Her eyes were- her eyes. L became lost as he looked at her. She was literally the most beautiful girl he had ever seen in his life.

“L… L?” Dongwoo asked. L shook himself out of his daze and tore his gaze off of the girl. That’s when he realized Dongwoo had been talking to him the whole time.

“Uh, hyung,” L said, biting his lip, determined, “I might be a little bit longer than I was thinking.”

“Why?”

L looked back at the girl in the phone booth. There was no way he was going to give up the chance to meet her. She was perfect. “There’s something I have to do,” he said.

“Uh, okay,” Dongwoo agreed, confused.

L nodded, mentally preparing himself. “Okay, I have to go,” he said and hung up without waiting for Dongwoo to respond. Then he did his best to straighten his wet jacket and began walking towards the beautiful girl in the red phone booth.

Before he could get too close, however, the girl opened the door and walked out. L was all set to run after her but, to his surprise, she was walking right to him, a smile on her face.

“Hi,” she said, smiling. “Do you have any spare change I could use for the phone?” And, in that moment, L fell in love with her voice.

The girl bit her lip and looked up at L through her hair. Gosh, she was beautiful.

“Uh, yeah,” L managed to get out without sounding too stupid. He dug in his pocket and pulled out the change from his coffee. He held it out and dropped it into the girl’s outstretched palm. His fingers brushed hers and he felt what he could only describe as electricity shoot up his arm.

“Thank you so much!” the girl said, smiling that gorgeous smile again. She quickly ran back to the phone booth and put the change in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“The person you are calling has turned off their phone-” you hung up before you could hear the rest of the message.

“Dang it, mom,” you said. What were you going to do now? You had no more time left and you couldn’t ask for anymore change. You sighed and sat down on the little seat. Guess you were just going to have to wait out the rain.

Suddenly a knock on the glass door caused you to look up. It was the boy who had given you the change.

Confused, you opened the door.

“Um, hi, uh,” he stuttered and rubbed the back of his neck. “Is everything okay?” he asked.

You blinked. You weren’t expecting him to ask that. “Well, I’m kinda stuck here until the storm ends but, yeah, everything’s okay,” you replied.

The boy nodded and bit his lips. “Um, if you want to you can wait in my company’s building,” he offered. “It’s not too far from here and I bet it’s warmer.”

You looked the boy up and down. He was tall, thin, and had a nice figure. His face was obscured by his wet hair that covered his eyes and his hood but he looked familiar to you. Did you know him?

“Um, I know this is weird but, have we met before this?” you asked.

The boy shook his head. “No,” he said. You didn’t know it but in his head he was thinking, ‘I would have remembered her.’

“Oh,” you replied. “You just look familiar.”

The boy looked around before turning back to you and leaning in a little bit. “I’m L from Infinite,” he whispered.

Your jaw dropped slightly. That’s why he looked so familiar! Wait a minute… you were standing in close quarters with an international star… and he just invited you to wait in his company building… what?

“Um…” the boy, no, L’s voice brought you back to reality, “so do you want to?”

You bit your lip. This was L from Infinite for heaven’s sake! But, then again, he was just a regular guy too. You decided you could trust him. “Yes, thank you,” you agreed, smiling and were rewarded with a smile from L. It didn’t show his teeth but it made him dimple and you decided, right then and there, that it was the most adorable smile you had ever seen.

 

 

Back in the present you looked at the miniature red phone booth, overcome with emotions. Who would have thought that such a chance meeting would have such a drastic effect on both of your lives? Slight tears were starting to form in your eyes as you looked back up at the smiling face of your handsome boyfriend. He turned the page again.

“Let me be your umbrella for the lifetime,” it said. You gasped and covered your mouth. Your heart was literally about to beat out of your chest. What was he saying? Page flip.

“I love you.”

A tear slid down your cheek. “I love you too,” you whispered.

Myungsoo took a deep breath and stepped closer to the window.

“I know you’re going through a difficult time right now,” he said, reaching out and taking your left hand in his. “A new part of life is starting for you and you don’t know where to go after this… but I do.” Myungsoo looked directly in your eyes, making you weak at the knees. “You may not know where you should be after this but I know exactly where I want you to be. I want you to be next to me every morning when I wake up. I want you to be at my house waiting when I come home. I want you to be with me every step of the way for the rest of my life. You are the love of my life, _____, and I don’t want to spend another moment delaying what I’ve been wanting to do for a long time.”

You completely lost your breath as Myungsoo opened the door of the miniature phone booth and pulled out a beautiful ring. Then he got down on one knee.

“______, will you marry me?” he asked, his voice cracking with emotion.

By now tears were freely streaming down your cheeks. The boy you had been in love with for over two years was proposing to you. He wanted to marry you!

You nodded. “Yes,” you said and began to laugh out of pure joy. “Yes, yes, yes!”

Myungsoo slipped the ring on your finger and stood up, pulling you into a bone crushing embrace through the window.

“I love you so much,” he whispered in your ear and kissed your neck. You felt hot tears soak through your shirt. Myungsoo was crying too.

You pulled back just enough to kiss him over and over and over again. The feeling of his lips was enough to melt you inside. You loved him so much. And now he was all yours.

 

A/N

Oh my gosh this one was sappy. If you want to see L do this in real life, look up Infinite A Song For You and it should be the first one on YouTube. It starts at 19:29. I saw this and I was like, I NEED to write this because OH MY GOSH THAT'S ADORABLE! Well I hope you guys liked it and PLEASE subscribe, upvote, comment, or whatever it is you want to. Don't be a silent reader! Love you all! *muah*