Woozi: Good Job, Jihoon part 2

One Shot Collection!

You stood outside the entrance to Seventeen’s dorm room next to a very nervous looking Jihoon. He was biting his lip and was playing with the hem of his shirt which had been borrowed from your brother’s old room. On second thought he looked utterly terrified.

“Hey,” you said and waved your hand in front of Jihoon’s face, breaking him out of his daze, “you okay?”

Jihoon began to nod his head but it transitioned into a shake. “No,” he admitted. “They’re gonna kill me.”

You laughed. “Probably,” you agreed, earning a glare from your best friend. “Hey, you did disappear without a word last night in the middle of a storm,” you held up your hands, “so you kinda deserve it. But hey, if they try to shed blood I’ll step in.”

Jihoon stuck out his tongue and mussed up your hair, making you pout. “Glad to know I have such a loyal best friend,” he muttered good naturedly. You snickered. “Well,” Jihoon took a deep breath, “might as well get this over with,” he said as he lifted up a hand to open the door.

“Jihoon, fighting!” you cheered at the last second, causing a smile to form on Jihoon’s lips.

Then the door swung open and you and Jihoon walked into what felt like a minefield and one wrong step could set the whole place off. There was no one in the direct vicinity but the peace wouldn’t last long. There were twelve other boys living in that dorm so you wouldn’t be alone for much longer.

Vernon was the first to see you. He walked in while eating a piece of toast and stopped in his tracks the second he saw his hyung standing in the room after going missing the night before. “Hyung!” he nearly yelled and dropped the piece of toast.

Jihoon held up his hand awkwardly and gave a little wave. “Uh, hi,” he said. Vernon just stared.

“What’s with the yelling?” Seungkwan yelled back and walked into the room. All it took was one glance at Jihoon and the main vocal was running back the direction he came and yelling at the top of his lungs. “Woozi hyung is back! Hyungs! The8! Dino!” he called as he ran through the dorm, alerting the other ten members of the situation and, in less than a minute, all members of Seventeen and you were standing in the living room area of the dorm.

The noise was almost deafening. Everyone, save you and Jihoon, was yelling and asking questions. Jihoon started to sink down, guilt overtaking him for just ditching s without a word, and you finally had enough.

“YAH!” you yelled, cupping your mouth with your hands to enhance the sound. Surprisingly everyone quieted down and soon thirteen pairs of eyes were on you. “Talking all at once isn’t going to help anything,” you said, crossing your arms. “Woozi,” you used his stage name, “has something to say and he won’t be able to if you all keep yelling.” That shut them all right up. All eyes turned to Jihoon, who looked like he wanted nothing more than to crawl into a hole and die, and he cleared his throat.

“Um,” he bit his lip, “I’m really sorry. I shouldn’t have left without a word but I really needed to get away and think.”

“And you couldn’t think here because…” Jun asked, half sarcastically and half seriously curious.

“Have you tried to think in a small dorm full of twelve other guys?” Jihoon replied, earning a few snickers and a few more smiles. You put a hand to your lips, hiding the smile that was threatening to break free, and watched the scene unfold.

Seungcheol, your brother, stepped forwards and slapped Jihoon on the back. “We’re glad you’re okay,” he said sincerely, “but do it again and I will kill you.”

Jihoon let out a sigh of relief. They didn’t hate him. “Don’t worry, I don’t plan on doing it again,” he assured them.

The leader smiled, reassured, and looked Jihoon up and down. “Nice shirt,” he said. Jihoon looked down and, for the first time, realized he was still wearing Seuncheol’s shirt. He looked back up and shrugged sheepishly.

“Sorry,” he apologized.

“Now you have to tell us what happened,” Mingyu, who was probably the closest to Jihoon, said and began pulling him away towards the kitchen with the rest of the members following behind. Sometimes they were worse than middle school girls when it came to gossip.

Before he could leave you stopped your brother by grabbing his arm. “I need to talk to you,” you said and gestured to the door with your head. Thankfully Seungcheol followed without asking any questions and soon you two were standing outside the closed dorm room door.

“What’s up?” he asked and leaned against the wall.

“It’s about what happened last night,” you admitted.

Seungcheol stood up straight, curious. “Yeah what did happen last night?” he asked.

“Jihoon had a little breakdown,” you said.

“What?” Seungcheol exclaimed, “Why?”

You shrugged your shoulders. “He felt super underappreciated,” you stated. “Everything he does is for Seventeen and yet he feels like no one,” you paused and bit your lip, searching for the right word, “understands. It’s like he’s the person everyone goes to for help, which means there’s no one for him to go to, even when he really needs it.”

“Oh, come on,” Seungcheol laughed slightly, “Woozi’s not that helpless.”

“It’s not being helpless, Seungcheol, it’s being human,” you argued.

Seungcheol didn’t look completely convinced, though you could tell you were starting to get through to him. “Then why didn’t he say something?” he asked.

“You know him as well as I do,” you said. “He never lets on when he’s hurting or in a bad place.”

Seungcheol ran a hand through his hair. “Then how come Woozi went to you? Why didn’t he come to me? I’m the leader, after all.”

You bit your lip. “Maybe it’s because he’s not just Woozi to me,” you guessed. “He’s also Lee Jihoon, an 18 year old boy who’s as insecure as the next one and is just looking for approval and respect.” You smiled slightly and placed a hand on your older brother’s arm. “I think you sometimes forget that,” you said.

Seungcheol took a deep breath.  “So, what do I do?” he asked.

You shrugged and let your hand drop. “Try talking to him,” you suggested, “and maybe, just maybe, tell him he’s doing a good job every once in a while.” Seungcheol nodded and you took a step forward, pulling the tall boy into a hug. “I love you, big brother,” you said. Seungcheol returned the hug.

“I love you too, baby girl,” he replied before letting go.

“Well,” you adjusted the strap of your purse, “I’m off to the café.”

“Okay,” Seungcheol nodded. “Come visit soon,” he ordered before opening the door.

You laughed and saluted. “Yes sir,” you agreed, turned around, and walked out of the dorm building.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Woozi,” S.Coups said quietly, alerting the younger and smaller boy to his presence. It was nearly 2 in the morning and practice was just about over but S.Coups felt that he should talk to Woozi before they went home to sleep.

Woozi looked up from his computer. “Yeah, Hyung?” he asked.

“Can I talk to you for a sec?”

Woozi nodded. “Sure,” he turned off his monitor and turned to his leader, “what’s up?”

S.Coups took a deep breath and closed the door to Woozi’s private studio before taking a seat.

“Closing the door,” Woozi remarked, “that can’t be good.”

S.Coups made a face. “Oh, shut up,” he said.

“Okay, okay,” Woozi smiled, “what’s going on?”

“_____ told me about what happened last night,” S.Coups began.

Woozi’s smile vanished. Last night? All Woozi could think of was the kiss you had given him and it made his blood run cold to think of your older brother, the muscular leader sitting in front of him, knowing about that. “L-last night?” he stuttered.

“Yeah,” S.Coups continued. “I just wanted to let you know that I’m sorry.” That wasn’t what Woozi was expecting to hear. He was sorry? “I guess I always take you for face value and sometimes forget that everything isn’t always good with you.”

Ohhhhhh. That’s what S.Coups was talking about when he said you had told him about last night. Woozi visibly relaxed.

“Even if I don’t say it, I really am thankful for all you do and think you’re doing an amazing job with all of Seventeen’s music,” S.Coups finished and sat back, happy to have gotten that all off his chest.

Woozi smiled softly. “Thanks, Hyung,” he said. “I guess I do know that but it does help to be told every once in a while. It just gets kinda stressful.”

S.Coups laughed. “Don’t I know it,” he said. “I have twelve stupid boys I need to take care of.”

Woozi laughed along for a bit but then his smile disappeared. There was something he needed to tell his leader and he wouldn’t be able to sleep properly until he did. Unfortunately S.Coups seemed to think their conversation was over and was getting up to leave. “Hyung, wait!” Woozi exclaimed.

S.Coups blinked, taken aback, and froze right where he was. “Yeeaaahhhh?” he asked, drawing out the word in confusion.

“Look,” Woozi started cautiously, “I know this really isn’t a good time but I have something I need to tell you.”

S.Coups nodded and sat back down. “Okay. What is it?”

“Well there’s this girl and…” Woozi bit his lip, “and I kinda like her a lot.”

“Really?” S.Coups asked and leaned forward, interested.

“Yeah,” Woozi looked down at his fingers. “I have for a while but I thought that I should tell you know before it gets any more serious.”

“Does she like you back?”

Woozi shrugged. “I have no clue. I think so but she’s really hard to read sometimes.”

“What’s her name.”

There it was; the question that Woozi had been dreading that whole conversation. He didn’t want to come right out and say it. He valued his life so he figured it would be better to just ease into it. “That’s the thing…” he said elusively.

“What do you mean, ‘that’s the thing’?” S.Coups asked, confused, and started to get a little worried.

Woozi took a deep breath. He couldn’t stall any longer. Besides, his leader deserved to know. “Hyung,” he started, “I like your sister.”

“WHAT?!?”

 

 

A/N

Hello lovely people! Sorry I haven’t been updating very much. It’s been a very hectic summer for me and I haven’t had much inspiration lately. If you guys give me suggestions I can probably update more! Thank you SO MUCH for subscribing and reading my stories! It really means a lot. Also, don’t forget to comment and let me know what you think! Love you all <3 *blows kisses*