Taemin: Threats

One Shot Collection!

“Are you satisfied?”

Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion as you reread the text. It was from that unknown number again.

“You stole my happiness and yet you prance around all day as if life’s all jolly and good.”

“What the heck?” you said aloud. This was the 37th questionable text from that one unknown number in a week and you were beginning to get annoyed.

“_____, did you say something?” you boss, Jaehyo, called from the other end of the room.

You looked up and put on a smile. “Nope, just talking to myself,” you assured him.

Jaehyo chuckled. “You know, some people consider talking to yourself a prelude to insanity…”

You rolled your eyes. “I’ll keep that in mind, thank you, sir,” you replied sarcastically.

“Just trying to help.”

You laughed a bit at this and stuffed your phone back into your back pocket. You had just turned back to the rack of clothes in front of you when your phone vibrated again. “Are you freaking kidding me?” you exclaimed under your breath and pulled your phone out again. “I swear, if it’s another text from that number I’m gonna…. Oh,” you stopped your raging when you saw who the message was from. It was from Jonghyun, who was practically your big brother.

“So I have an idea…” his text read.

You bit your lips, suppressing a smile. “Well that’s never good,” you replied.

“No seriously! It’s a good idea!!

“Good as in I’m gonna love it or good as in I’m going to want to beat you afterwards?” there was no in-between when it came to Jonghyun’s ideas.

“Good as in you’re gonna love it.”

“I’m listening…”

“Ok so maybe I (and by I, I mean all of the boys) convinced our manager to let you watch SHINee’s music bank performance today and then hang out at the dorm the rest of the day…”

You smiled so bog you thought your face would break. “You want me to cheer you on from back stage at freaking Music Bank?”

“That’s kinda the idea.”

“When?”

“Well we’re kinda waiting outside your work right now in the van with a change of clothes for you.”

Your phone almost slipped out of your hands when you spun around to look out of the front window. Sure enough, you could see SHINee’s familiar van parked right in front of the store. “Idiots,” you muttered with a smile and looked at the time. You were off in three minutes. Scanning the store with your eyes, you spotted your boss and ran towards him. “Jaehyo, can I leave a few minutes early today, please?” you clasped your hands together in front of you and pouted, using your rare aegyo. It was for a good cause.

Jaehyo pursed his lips in deep thought. “You’ll need to come in early tomorrow to make it up,” he finally conceded.

You grinned. “Thank you!” you exclaimed, almost hugging him, and then grabbed your purse from behind the counter and then ran out the door.

The van door was open before you got there and you were welcomed by the faces and exclamations of your best friends in the whole world.

“_____-ah!” Jonghyun wrapped you in a bone crushing hug after your shut the door behind you.

“Yah, let me hug her,” Key insisted and pulled you away. You were passed to each of them, each hugging you, before you finally were set down next to Taemin. He didn’t hug you. Instead he just looked at you with an expectant look on his face.

“Is there something you wanted?” you teased.

Taemin rolled his eyes. “I haven’t seen you in almost two weeks and that’s how you greet me?” he asked.

You shrugged, feigning innocence. “I don’t know what you mean.”

“Yah, maknae,” Minho turned around in his seat, “just kiss her already!”

Taemin’s cheeks flamed red but he did as he was instructed. As soon as his lips touched yours he gained more confidence and wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you closer.

After a few wonderful seconds Minho spoke up again. “Yah, yah, I said kiss her, not make out with her in front of us,” he scolded.

You pulled back and winked at your boyfriend. “You can do that later,” you said and he smirked back.

“You two are gross,” Key complained.

Taemin swung his arm around your shoulder, keeping you close. “It’s not my fault that I actually have a girlfriend, hyung.”

“Shut up, you two,” Onew ordered, actually acting like a leader for once, “we’re almost there, anyway.” 

You looked out the window and, sure enough, the Music Bank studio was just around the corner.

Suddenly you felt something soft hit you in the face and fall to your lap. When you looked down you saw a bag. “Where did this come from?” you asked to anyone.

“I told you we brought an extra pair of clothes for you,” Jonghyun stated.

“You want me to change now?” you asked incredulously.

Jonghyun made a face and rolled his eyes at you. “The people in this van are either your boyfriend or basically related to you,” he said, “what’s the big deal?”

You stuck your tongue out in retaliation. “Fine, but you all better close your eyes.” They did as they were told, even Taemin, and you quickly changed from your work uniform into a dressy-casual outfit. It consisted of nice skinny jeans, a Grey Marl cold shoulder top with a “Couture Paris” slogan printed on it, lace-up, black ankle boots, and assorted jewelry that mixed and matched perfectly. It wasn’t fancy, but it looked like you knew what you were doing. They knew you so well. “Okay, you guys can open your eyes now,” you said when you finished.

The boys all turned to look at you, smiles gracing their faces when they saw you.

“Our _____ is so pretty,” Key gushed, sounding like a proud mom.

“Yah!” Taemin reached forward and smacked Key upside the head, “She’s my _____.”

Key was just about to hit back when the van came to a stop in front of the venue. The door opened and the members began exiting, one by one. Taemin turned to you, an adorable smile on his face, and offered you a hand. “My lady,” he said.

You laughed and accepted his hand. “Why, thank you, sir,” you replied and let Taemin help out out of the van. After you were outside Taemin didn’t let go of your hand. The cameras went off and people shouted his name but he still held on as if his life depended on it. It was well known that you and Taemin were dating. You both decided to go public with it a year ago, a year after you started dating, and you were really well received. Of course there were those few who couldn’t stand you dating their oppa and let you know it, but you were a strong girl. It took more than a few angry fan girls to sway you.

Taemin pulled you along behind him until they got to SHINee’s dressing room. They were al ready for the stage but a few last minute touch ups wouldn’t hurt.

“Do you think my hair looks okay?” Key asked Jonghyun.

“I don’t think I should wear this bracelet,” Onew stated, slipping the band off his wrist.

“Has anyone seen the lint roller?” Minho asked frantically.

Though all of the chaos you just sat on the couch with a smile on your face. These five idiots were the best thing that ever happened to you and you loved being able to see them as their natural selves. You felt someone sit next to you and you turned the adorable smile of your boyfriend as he slipped his arm around your waist.

“Guess what?” he asked, resting his chin on your shoulder.

“What?” your turned towards him.

He placed a cute little kiss on your nose. “I love you,” he said.

You closed your eyes and smiled back. “I love you too, baby,” you replied.

“SHINee, you’re on in ten,” the cordi noona stuck her head into the room and announced.

The boys all stood up and headed towards the door. Taemin grabbed your hand and pulled you along again. “I want you to be there when I go on stage,” he whispered in your ear as you walked.

You laughed. “Like I’d miss that,” you said. You stood next to him back stage as the MC’s went about announcing things, never letting go of Taemin’s hand. He had been doing this for years but he still got nervous. “You’re gonna kill it,” you assured him, squeezing his hand.

Taemin smiled. “Yes, ma’am,” he said. Then it was time for him to go.

“Good luck kiss?” he asked cutely, leaning down a bit.

You smiled and gave him a quick peck. “Have fun,” you told him.

Taemin winked back. “Always.”

Then he was gone.

The performance was amazing, obviously. You loved being able to watch them from backstage and be with them when they got off. It was your favorite part of them performing. You’re smile was so huge it felt like it could break at any second and you found yourself humming along to the song and swaying to the beat. Then, as soon as it started, it was finished.

Taemin was the first off stage and he pulled you into a huge, sweaty, bear hug. “Did you love it?” he asked playfully.

“Obviously,” you replied in the same manner.

He and the other members gave their mics to the cordi noona and began the trek back to the van. That’s when it all started.

At first it was just a few fans. They drifted in here and their, congratulating their oppas and taking quick pictures. Then there were more and more, until the hallway was completely crowded.

“______!” Taemin yelled for you as he lost your hand in the crowd. Security was there, trying to get SHINee out but you were swallowed in the chaos.

“I’ll meet you at the van!” you yelled back before turning around and escaping the other direction. You used your small stature to your advantage and ducked between legs and purses and finally made it to the edge of the group. It looked like death in there.

You ran down the hallway to the back exit, hoping to get to the van when the boys did, and ran around the building. The heels slowed you down a little bit but you kept running anyway.

You turned the corner and saw the van. The boys had yet to show up. You smirked. You beat them. Slowing you pace to a walk to made your way to the van and placed your hand on the door handle. Then you felt someone grab your shoulder. “Taemin,” you thought with a smile and turned to face him.

It wasn’t Taemin. You had just registered the fact that the person standing in front of you was a younger girl when she reached up and smacked you hard across the face. You reached up and held your throbbing cheek and turned back towards the girl, eyes blazing.

“What the heck?!” you yelled at her, barely holding yourself back from repaying the hit.

The girl crossed her arms in front of her defiantly. “I should be asking you the same thing,” she hissed in a high pitched voice that reminded you of fingernails on a chalkboard.

“Excuse me?” you asked incredulously.

The girl laughed a humorless, condescending laugh. “You just don’t seem to get it do you?” she shook her head and took a step closer, towering over you by a good four inches. “Stay away from SHINee, especially Taemin. This is your last warning.”

You blinked in disbelief. Then you shook you head in the same condescending manner the girl had just used. She may have been taller but you weren’t scared of her in the slightest. “Is that what this is all about? Look, I’m sorry you feel wronged, even if it’s for no reason, but I’m not going to break up with Taemin just because you’re upset I’m dating your oppa,” you explained in the most civil voice you could muster. Behind the girl, SHINee finally stepped out of the building. They stopped walking towards the van when they saw you and the girl talking. Making eye contact with Taemin, you shook your head, telling him not to come any closer.

The girl scoffed at your statement. “Upset? You think I’m upset? If upset is the word you use to describe the feeling when the only man you love is being manipulated to like a stupid, ugly, unwanted floozy then yes, I’m upset.” She flung her glossy, black hair behind her shoulder.

You flexed your jaw, literally moments from snapping and punching the girl right in the nose. “Ok, fine,” you stepped closer to her, your confidence making her a little nervous, “I’m only gonna tell you this once; stay away from me.” You poked her in the chest, making her take a step back, “If I see you around me, or SHINee for that matter, I will not hesitate to punch you in the face first and call the police for harassment after, got it?” You pushed her back a little more.

The girl glared at you. “I’m gonna kill you,” she whispered darkly. Then she spun on her heel and walked away from the Music Bank venue.

As soon as she was a good distance away SHINee left their spot and ran towards you, surrounding you with their concern.

“_____, are you okay?” Taemin asked, holding you by the shoulders and looking you over for any hurts.

You nodded, putting on a fake smile for their benefit. “I’m fine,” you insisted.

“Are you sure?” Jonghyun asked, stepping closer to check for himself.

You laughed. “Yes, I’m positive,” you said.

Onew looked after the girl, the crazy fan as you were beginning to think of her, with a thoughtful look on his face. “Who was that?” he asked.

You followed his gaze. “I have no idea,” you replied honestly.

“But you’re sure okay…” Taemin made sure.

You lifted your hand to his cheek. “Yes, I’m sure I’m okay.”

Taemin looked at you hard. He knew you better than anyone in the world and he could tell that something else was going on that you weren’t telling him. Something was up and you were concerned. Why wouldn’t you tell him? Taemin sighed. You probably had your reasons so he should just trust you. “Okay,” he finally said, letting it go. “You’ll tell me, though, if something is up, right?”

You smiled, but it didn’t quite reach you eyes the way it normally does. “Yes,” you assured him, but you knew you wouldn’t. You wouldn’t burden him with your problems.

Taemin nodded, partially satisfied, and slipped his hand into yours. Then he pulled you into the van, sitting you down next to you. He wrapped his arms around your waist and you smiled a real smile. Then your phone vibrated. You pulled it out of your back pocket and saw that you had a text.

“Don’t underestimate me… I don’t go back on my word.”

Your heartbeat sped up. The crazy fan, she was the one who was sending you those texts… and the next one almost made your heart stop altogether;

“I WILL kill you, worthless tramp.”

 

To be continued…

 

A/N

This is for my lovely friend, Taemins_LittleNoona, and it's the beginning of a short series that will probably be in three parts so please look forward to it!

Love you ALL and thank you so much for subscribing to my story!!!!