Chunji: First Kiss

One Shot Collection!

It wasn’t like you were doing anything excessive. It wasn’t like you were trying to draw attention to yourself but you were. Every move, every small gesture you made drove your boyfriend, Chunji, absolutely crazy. The way your hair fell softly around your shoulders and framed your face, the way your eyes danced and sparkled when you smiled, the way you bit your lips when you were thinking. Your lips. That’s what was driving Chunji insane. Your perfect, little lips. All he wanted to do was grab your face and touch those lips with his own but he couldn’t. He couldn’t just kiss you out of the blue. You deserved more then that. After all, it would be your first kiss. He promised himself that he would make your first kiss memorable but, looking at you right now, he was having a very difficult time keeping that promise.

Chunji had taken you out on an ice-cream date because it was one of his few days off and he absolutely needed to spend time with you. The critical mistake Chunji had made was the ice-cream part. He was currently sitting across from you, his ice-cream forgotten, watching as you ate your strawberry ice-cream, your lips moving as you did.

“Chanhee,” you said, breaking Chunji out of his daze, “your ice-cream’s melting.”

Chunji blinked. “O-oh. Right,” he stammered out and picked up his spoon in an attempt to look like he was interested in it when, in reality, he was only interested in the beautiful girl sitting across from him.

You noticed his lack of enthusiasm and set your spoon down. “Look, if you don’t want to do this-”

“No, no, no,” Chunji shook his head, “I’m having fun. I just got distracted for a moment, that’s all.”

You leaned forward. “What were you thinking about?” you asked.

Chunji shrugged. “Nothing important,” he lied. He couldn’t just come out and tell you that he was thinking about kissing you. That’d be weird.

You bit your lip, which nearly drove Chunji insane. “So nothing’s wrong?” you asked.

Chunji smiled at your concern. “Everything’s fine,” he assured you. Then he picked up his spoon and swirled it around his half-melted ice-cream. He did that for a little while, unaware of your hawk-like gaze on him.

“Ok, that’s it,” you said, standing up. Chunji looked at you, confused. “I don’t know what’s on your mind but it’s distracting you and keeping you from being the normal Chanhee that I’m used to, so you,” you grabbed Chunji’s wrist and pulled him up, “are coming with me.” You began leading him away from the table.

“Wait, wait, where are we going?” Chunji exclaimed as you pulled him out of the ice-cream parlor.

“No idea,” you admitted lightheartedly. You stopped walking and turned to your confused boyfriend. “This is one of the few times I get to steal you away from your work so I’m going to be greedy and ask for all of your attention.” You smiled that beautiful smile of yours that put butterflies in Chunji’s stomach, slipped your hand from his wrist to his hand and said, “I’m going to distract you and you are going to have a wonderful, stress free day with your girlfriend.” And with that you resumed walking, pulling Chunji along behind you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That’s how you came to be where you were now. You and Chinji were sitting back to back, leaning against each other to stay upright, in the middle of a field. It was one of those fields that was covered in soft, lush, green grass and dotted with little flowers. If you didn’t know any better, you might have thought it was something out of a fairytale. Only one thing could make it better.

“Sing,” you said quietly.

Chunji made a face, even though he knew you couldn’t see him. “What? Why?”

“I never get to hear you just sing for the fun of it,” you explained, running your hand over the grass, “so I want you to sing for me.” Your fingers wrapped around the long, thin stem of a wildflower. “Please?”

Chunji smiled. He knew what face you were making without even seeing it. Your eyes were wide and your lips were parted in a half-begging sort of way. He was helpless whenever you did that and, even now, he felt himself crumbling. “Okay,” he relented. “What do you want me to sing?”

“Anything.”

Chunji chuckled. You never did like making decisions. Then he closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and began to sing. There's no one like you, even if I look around it's just like that.”

You closed your eyes as well and smiled. He was singing “No Other” by Super Junior, one of your favorite songs. You moved your head along with the music and unconsciously picked the flowers around you, gathering a pile of white, blue, and yellow blossoms on your lap.

You don't know this heart of mine, which always wants to do more for you.”

You looked down at the pile as Chunji sang and a thought came to your head. You began working right away, wanting to finish your little project before Chunji finished his song. You began weaving the flowers together, your fingers moving deftly over the blossoms in an experienced manner.

“My heart, say it out loud, my free soul. The days left are even more than the time when I came love you with a heart.”

You smiled as you worked. You loved Chunji’s voice, the subtle way it controlled the air around him, the power used to sweep others off their feet. You loved the way he tilted his head to the side when he sang soft, high notes. You loved the passion that flowed out of him when he performed. You loved him.

You dropped the flowers in your hands when you thought that. It had been so natural, so normal for you to think it, that it startled you. Did you really love him? You turned your head to the side, catching a glimpse of his light, blonde hair.

“We came on the same road, we are just like each other, how surprising, how thankful, it's just love.”

You smiled. Yes, you did love him. Picking up the flowers again, you finished your project in the next few lines of the song, the wonderful thought of how much you loved Chunji filling your thoughts.

“A guy happy like me, a guy happy like me, a guy who laughs with the greatest happiness like me. There's no one like you.”

You set the flowers down and clapped your hands. “That was wonderful!” you exclaimed, meaning every word.

Chunji blushed. He could handle screams from thousands of fans at a concert but one simple compliment from you sent him reeling. He didn’t want you to know how much you flustered him so he stood up. “Let’s go get some food,” he suggested, reaching out a hand to help you up.

You accepted and stood up. Then you pulled out your project, a completed flower crown, and placed it on Chunji’s head. “Ta-da!”

Chunji laughed. “Do I look pretty now?”

You took a step back, pretending to appraise him, and Chunji spun around in a circle, ending up in a diva-like pose. “Hmm…” you tapped your chin, “yes.” Then you bit your lip, smiling.

That was enough to completely ruin Chunji. One look at your perfect lips and he was a gonner once again. His smile disappeared and he looked away from you.

You noticed his almost instant change in demeanor and your smile left as well. “What is it, Chanhee?” you asked.

Chunji shook his head. “I told you, it’s nothing.”

You shook your head and sighed. “I don’t believe you. I know you too well.” You walked around Chunji until you were standing directly in his line of vision. “I’m not going to let this go until you tell me what’s up.”

Chunji sighed. He couldn’t keep making you think there was something wrong so he was just going to have to tell you. “Nothing’s wrong but…” he trailed off not really wanting to tell you yet.

“But what?” you prompted, stepping closer.

Chunji looked at your lips again. Dang it! He took a deep breath and rushed out his whole explanation. “I really, really, really want to kiss you but I can’t just randomly kiss you out of the blue, I mean you deserve better than that for your first kiss, like it should be special and memorable and it’s been driving me crazy all day and I’m sorry I’ve been acting weird about it but I just don’t know what to do and you keep distracting me with those beautiful eyes and your lips and it’s hard for me to resist but I can’t just-

“Chanhee,” you interrupted, “just kiss me,” you insisted softly, a small smile playing on your lips.

Chunji blinked. “W-what?”

You let out a small laugh. Then you grabbed Chunji’s collar with both hands, pulled him lower, and placed a kiss on his lips.

At first Chunji was stunned. What just happened? Then the realization hit him. He was kissing you. He was kissing you. HE WAS KISSING YOU! Your soft lips moved gently against his own, making him nearly weak at the knees. Without even thinking about it his arms circled around your waist and pulled you flush against his chest. He wasn’t sure how long he was kissing you for, but he didn’t care. He wanted to remember everything about this moment; your taste, the feel of your lips, the warmth of your breath, everything.

All too soon you pulled away and Chunji found himself wanting to follow you, to kiss you again, but he didn’t.

You looked up at Chunji and straightened the tilted flower crown with one hand. “Giving you my first kiss was special enough for me,” you whispered, your hand falling to cup his cheek. “You didn’t need to do anything special, or plan anything out. You are all I needed.”

Chunji leaned forward, resting his forehead against yours. “I am so unbelievably in love with you, _____,” he whispered back.

You smiled and closed your eyes. You wanted to memorize this. The field, the flower crown in Chunji’s hair, the way he held you and looked at you as if you were the world itself. “I love you too, Lee Chanhee.”

That was the last thing you said before Chunji claimed your lips again. And again. And Again. Everything was perfect. It was the perfect first kiss.

 

 

A/N

ChanNaa, this is for you! I hope you like it!

This is unrelated but go check out Day6. They just debuted but their album is dope and their debut song, "Congratulations" is amazing!!!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Love you all *kisses*