Taemin: Threats part 2

One Shot Collection!

A knock came to your door, startling you out of you’re reading. You set your book down and stood up, smoothing your sweatpants and messy Saturday hair, and walked to the door. After looking through the peephole you smiled and opened the door. “Hey,” you said and bit your lip.

“Hi,” Taemin replied with a similar smile and pulled you into a hug.

“And to what do I owe this pleasure?” you asked, returning the embrace.

Taemin sighed, loving the feeling of your arms around him. “I just wanted to see you,” he admitted, kissing the top of your head.

You laughed. “Well, I’m not complaining,” you replied. You two stood there for a few wonderful moments until your phone buzzed, breaking you two out of your daze.

Taemin pulled back, keeping his arms around you and said, “you can go get that.”

You slipped your hand into Taemin’s, intertwining your fingers, and pulled him into your apartment, shutting the door behind him. Then you walked hand in hand back to the couch where you had left your book and your phone and sat down. Taemin then proceeded to wrap his arms around you and nuzzle your neck and pepper it with kisses as you opened your phone and looked at the text.

“Having fun with my boy today?”

It was that crazy fan. She knew Taemin was at your house… which meant that she knew where you lived.

Taemin must have noticed your change in attitude because he stopped kissing your neck and looked at you. “What’s wrong?” he asked, sneaking a look at your phone screen. You hid your phone behind your back, trying to keep Taemin from seeing the message but it was too late. He had already read it.

“Is that the crazy fan from the other day?” he asked, tone sharp.

You nodded. “Yeah.” There was no point in lying to him.

Taemin ran a hand through his hair, making it stick up in all directions. “I though you said you’d tell me if something was up!” he exclaimed, exasperated.

“I know but…” you bit your lip and looked away, “I didn’t want to worry you. Besides, it’s probably nothing.”

“Let me see your phone,” Taemin ordered, holding out his hand. You blinked, confused. Taemin rolled his eyes. “Just, let me read her messages to you,” he explained.

“No,” you protested, keeping your phone behind your back.

“______,” Taemin said in a low voice, “let me read them.”

You sighed, knowing you wouldn’t be able to get out of it, and placed your phone in Taemin’s waiting palm.

He spent the next few moments scrolling through the fan’s messages, his look of concentration slowly being replaced by one of concern. When he got to the end, he stood up without a word and walked into your room.
“Taemin?” you asked, following him. You found him grabbing clothes from your closet and drawers and throwing them into an open suitcase. “Taemin, what are you doing?”

He didn’t look at you. “You’re staying at the dorm,” he said.

“What?” you exclaimed.

“This is obviously more dangerous than what you’ve been letting on so I’m taking you to the dorm.” Taemin still didn’t look at you.

You scoffed in disbelief. “What? No. You’re blowing everything out of proportion.”

Taemin forcefully threw one of your sweatshirts into the suitcase, making you jump slightly, and turned to you, anger evident on his face. “Don’t you dare tell me that I’m blowing this out of proportion,” he exclaimed in a startlingly loud voice. “This crazy fan has your phone number, knows where you live, and has threatened to kill you. How the heck am I blowing this out of proportion?! If anything, you’re ignoring how dangerous this is!” Taemin started walking towards you, his volume decreasing as he did so. “What do you think’s gonna happen if you just pretend like this isn’t happening? Do you think it’s just gonna go away? That the crazy fan’s just gonna forget about it?” he asked, coming to a stop right in front of you. “Am I supposed to sit back and watch the most important person in my life get threatened by someone who’s supposed be supporting me?” He held you by the shoulders. “I can’t let you get hurt, _____,” he whispered.

You looked down, feeling guilty, but still not changing your mind. “I know, but, have you considered the fact that I’m trying to protect you too?” you asked in a soft voice.

“From what?”

Unconsciously, you reached up and gripped his shirt in your hands, pulling him closer. “SHINee is doing amazing right now. You’ve never been more popular. I can’t let you get stressed out or involved in my problems when you have so much at stake.”

“Baby,” Taemin grabbed your chin lightly and tilted it up so you were looking him in the eyes. “Haven’t you realized by now that your problems are my problems?” He let go of your chin and brushed some hair out of your eyes. “When things happen we need to work through them together, no matter how difficult it is.”

You let go on Taemin’s shirt and wrapped your arms around his thin waist. “I’m sorry,” you said into his shirt.

Taemin’s arms enfolded you in a warm embrace and pulled you even closer, if that was possible. “Will you let me protect you?” he asked, his face buried in your hair, “Please?”

You sighed and held Taemin tighter. “Okay.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m so excited!!” Key exclaimed and pulled you into a hug. “This is going to be the best dorm life EVER!”

“Yeah, we don’t have to deal with your cooking anymore,” Minho grumbled good naturedly from the couch, earning a few laughs from the rest of the people gathered in the room.

Key set you down and glared at the rapper. “At least I can cook,” he shot back.

“You guys are ridiculous,” you laughed.

“Besides,” Taemin added, coming behind you and wrapping his arms around you in a back hug and resting his chin on your head, “_____ never said she was going to cook for us.”

You looked up at him. “Like I’m going to suffer through one of your guys’ cooking,” you said. You turned back to the other boys. “Of course I’ll cook while I’m living here,” you agreed and cheers erupted from the five boys.

“Why don’t we have a party to celebrate?” Onew suggested.

Jonghyun snorted. “With what? Ramen?”

You laughed. “How ‘bout I start my cooking duties tonight and make you guys some hanwoo?”

“Chin-cha?!” the boys exclaimed.

“Of course!” you nodded. “You boys deserve it after such a long, successful week. I’ll just walk to the grocery store and pick up some supplies.”

“I’m coming with you!” Taemin lifted his hand in the air.

“Okay,” you reached behind you and ruffled his hair. Taemin let go of your waist, grabbed your hand, and started pulling you towards the door.

“Don’t get too distracted,” Minho called after you, “if you know what I mean.”

Taemin came to a halt and looked back at Minho. “Hey hyung, watch this,” Taemin cupped the back of your neck, pulled you into a kiss, and basically made out with you in front of the other members for a few seconds.

“Oooooooooh, maknae!” the rest of the boys cheered and catcalled, half out of jealousy and half because their little maknae was finally a manly man.

Taemin pulled away and smirked at you’re slightly dazed expression. You weren’t expecting that kiss at all. “Nice chap stick,” he winked.

“Oh shut up,” you rolled your eyes and pulled him out of the dorm.

“What?” Taemin asked innocently.

You started walking backwards while facing him. “Minho said not to get distracted,” you winked and then took off running down the stairs towards the street, Taemin hot at your heels.

It had rained earlier that day so, when you burst out onto the street, it seemed much colder than what it really was. The fact that it was 10:30 at night didn’t help at all either.

Taemin’s legs were much longer than yours so he caught up to you in a few bounds and grabbed you around the waist, lifting you off your feet. “Does dumping you in that puddle over there count as getting distracted?” he asked mischievously.

“Yah! Lee Taemin!” You shrieked and kicked your legs wildly. “Don’t you dare!”

Taemin laughed like a maniac. “Oh my gosh I can just picture your face!” he exclaimed, swinging you around.

“I swear, Taemin, you drop me in that puddle and I will beat you senseless!” you threatened through your laughter, still trying to wriggle free.

Taemin kept you in a vice-like grip, though, and took the few remaining steps to the puddle. “One,” he swung you over the puddle and then pulled you back, “two,” he did it again, “three!” He threw you up in the air, making you scream, and then caught you before you hit the water. “Gotcha!”

The second he set you down you were smacking him everywhere you could reach, earning small exclamations of pain and surprise from him. “I. Freaking. Hate. You.” You reinforced each word with a sound hit.

Taemin still couldn’t stop his laugher and instead wrapped you in a hug, forcing you to stop hitting him. “I freaking love you too,” he said with a smile.

You tried to pout but couldn’t. It had been pretty funny. “Shut up,” you muttered and hugged Taemin back. You pulled away after a few seconds and Taemin was looking at you with an adorable, love-struck expression. “Stop looking so cute,” you complained with a laugh and looked away. What you saw startled you.

There was a car, headlights off, slowly following you down the street. When you looked at it, it stopped moving.

“What’s wrong?” Taemin asked, breaking you out of your thoughts.

You looked up at him, back to the car, and then back to him. “Nothing,” you said unconvincingly, “I just want to check something.” With that you grabbed his hand and started walking again. Sure enough you heard the car start driving again. What the heck?

You spun around and glared through the windshield at the driver. That’s when you recognized her. Instead of being afraid like you had been in the past, you were mad. You were so mad that you could hardly think.

“Oh my gosh,” you said in a disgusted voice.

“What is it?” Taemin asked, turning towards where you were looking.

You clenched your fists. “It’s that stupid girl who keeps harassing me.”

“Wait, you mean that crazy fan?” Taemin was starting to feel a little nervous for you.

You gave him a look. “Taemin, anyone as crazy as her isn’t a true fan. She’s just freakishly obsessed,” you explained before turning back to the car following you. You know what? You had had enough with her following you around, sending you threats, and annoying you. You were going to tell her off. With a look of determination, you started walking towards the car.

“Yah, _____!” Taemin grabbed your wrist, forcing you to stop. “What are you doing?”

“I’m going to give her a piece of my mind and, if she keeps this up afterwards, I’m going to call the cops,” you stated, wrenching your arm free. You didn’t like using such a harsh tone with Taemin but he was just too nice sometimes. He wouldn’t understand any other way.

Taemin bit his lips, unsure. “Is that safe?”

“Its safer than letting her harass me 24/7,” you said and resumed your walk to the car with Taemin following a few feet behind.

You were only a few yards from the car when, all of a sudden, it started racing towards you!

Several things happened all in the next four seconds; Taemin screamed your name in a voice that broke your heart, you saw the murderous look in the crazy fan’s eyes through the windshield, Taemin wrapped his arms around you in a feeble attempt to protect you, and you spun Taemin out of the way of the speeding car. The moment before the car hit you, you saw the terrified look in Taemin’s eyes and it hurt you more than anything that was coming.

The impact came before you could blink. You flew backwards, intense pain filling your whole body, and landed with a sickening thud on the concrete.

“_____!” Taemin screamed your name again and you could hear him racing towards you as fast as his feet could carry him. You also heard the screech of tires as the car that hit you sped away.

“_____, oh my gosh, say something, _____,” Taemin reached your side and cupped your face, brushing your hair out of your face. You didn’t respond. You couldn’t respond. The pain was too great and you felt yourself slipping into darkness. Your eyes started to roll back.

“No, _____,” you felt Taemin’s hot tears falling on your face. “Someone help!” he yelled. This couldn’t be happening. He wasn’t going to lose you. “Please, please _____, stay with me baby,” he pleaded and placed a quick kiss on your forehead, “I need you to hang in there.”

The last thing you heard before you completely passed out was the sounds of Taemin’s cries and an ambulance in the distance getting closer. Then everything went black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“______,” someone whispered your name, “baby.” You squeezed your eyes shut tighter, against the noise, and moved your head away from it. Just a few more minutes of sleep. Then a sharp pain shot through your skull, halting your movements. As you began waking up more and becoming more aware it became evident that the pain in your head wasn’t the only thing going on. Your entire body hurt. It was like you had gotten hit by a semi. Wait…

You opened your eyes and were instantly hit with a bright, florescent light and you closed your eyes as quickly as you opened them. After the initial shock wore off you decided to try again, this time opening your eyes slowly to ease you into it. You didn’t recognize where you were. This wasn’t your room. It looked like… a hospital room…

“_____,” the voice said again and you turned, slowly, towards it.

“Taemin,” you whispered, your voice hoarse.

Taemin stood up from where he had been sitting next to your bedside and leaned over you, giving you a kiss on the forehead. His lips lingered there for a bit before he pulled away and looked at you. His eyes were red from crying. “I was so worried,” he croaked out, his voice raw.

“Tae, I don’t…” you bit your lips, “I don’t remember what happened.”

Taemin reached up and caressed your face, brushing some hair behind your ear. “You were-” his voice broke and he turned away from you, eyes filling with tears, as if just saying what had happened was too much for him. “You were hit by a car,” he finally said. “A crazy, deranged fan tried to kill you by hitting you with her car.”

That’s when it all came back to you. The headlights in your eyes, Taemin’s heartbreaking scream, the impact… the pain.

“I should’ve been the one to get hit,” Taemin said quietly and placed another lingering kiss on your forehead.

“What?” you looked at him as if he were crazy. “Why the heck would you say that?”

“Babe, I’m supposed to protect you,” Taemin said. “I’m supposed to keep you safe, out of harm, but you pushed me out of the way.” He looked down, ashamed. “I let you get hurt.”

Your lips parted, understanding filling you. “Tae…”

“I almost lost you,” Taemin said fiercely, looking back into your eyes with a passionate expression. “Do you have any idea what I would do if I lost you for real?”

“Taemin,” you reached up and cupped Taemin’s cheek, still wet with tears, “This wasn’t your fault. I made a stupid choice and I paid for it. You had nothing to do with that.”

Taemin closed his eyes and leaned into your touch, the warm from your hand comforting him. “I was so scared…” he whispered. “I thought-” his voice broke again and fresh tears started to slide down his cheek.

Your eyes filled with tears as well, the love you had for Taemin filling your heart with the same pain he was feeling. “Baby,” you said softly. Taemin didn’t move. “Baby, look at me,” you turned his chin towards you and his eyes locked on yours. “I’m here. I’m alright, and I’m not going anywhere,” you insisted and rubbed your thumb against his cheek to wipe away another tear.

Before anything else could be said, Taemin leaned down and closed the remaining distance between the two of you with a kiss. It was the most urgent kiss Taemin had ever given you, as if he was desperate to believe that you were really here, that you were safe, that you weren’t going anywhere. His lips moved against yours, passion flowing out of his entire being, and you responded in the same fashion. His tears mixed with yours, and your hearts beat as one.

“I love you so much, _____,” Taemin whispered against your lips when you finally broke apart.

You pecked Taemin’s lips once more. “I love you too,” you replied. Then Taemin leaned down and held you in is arms as if you could slip away and disappear at any moment. 

 

A/N

Hellooooooo! Here's part 2!! I hope you all like it and send me more requests.

P.S. I am being SLAYED by GOT7 feelz right now... like you don't understand. GAHHHHH!

Anywho... I hope you guys are all having wonderful days! Comment and tell me what you think! Don't be a silent reader! Love you allz!! *muah*