CAP: The Game

One Shot Collection!

“B 10,” Minsoo said in his adorable deep voice.

You looked over your side of the board and smiled. “Miss,” you replied in a smug voice.

“Dang it,” Minsoo took a white peg and plugged it into his board.

“A 3,” you asked, picking up a red peg, knowing you were right.

Minsoo sighed and dropped his head. “Hit,” he muttered.

“Yes!” you exclaimed and put the red peg in the board. “I sunk your last ship! I win!” You stood up and started dancing in celebration. It was rare for you to beat your boyfriend in anything, even little board games like this, so you decided to savor the moment. “I finally beat you!” you squealed and spun around, arms in the air.

“Yeah, yeah,” Minsoo sat up and watched you grumpily. He couldn’t help but smile, however, as he watched you dance around like the child you were at heart. Then he got an idea. He stood up and, in a few long strides, he was at your side and had his arms wrapped around your waist, lifting you off the ground.

“YAH!” you shrieked, kicking you legs wildly, “what are you doing?!”

Minsoo laughed as you struggled hopelessly against him. “Revenge,” he explained and threw you, gently, on the ground before towering over you and digging his fingers into your sides.

You started laughing uncontrollably and thrashing back and forth. Nobody in the world but Minsoo knew how ridiculously ticklish you were and he used it to his full advantage.

“Y-yah!” you squeaked out through your laughter, “s-stop!”

Minsoo leaned down closer to you but didn’t let up. “Say that I’m the real winner and I’ll show mercy!” he said in a comical voice that made you laugh even harder.

“Ok, ok, ok,” you relented, “you’re the real winner!”

Smiling at how well that worked, Minsoo stopped tickling your sides and allowed you to catch your breath. “Thank you,” he smirked.

You play glared back at him. “Jerk,” you muttered.

Minsoo leaned down even closer to you and pecked your nose. “You love me,” he said.

You rolled your eyes but smiled in spite of yourself. “Yeah, yeah, whatever.” That’s when you realized you were still in a slightly compromising position. You were lying flat on your back and Minsoo was crouching over you, his hands splayed out next to either side of your head.

It was as if Minsoo noticed the nature of the situation the same time you did. “Well,” he winked, “since we’re already here…” he trailed off as he leaned down and began kissing you, the previous scuffle forgotten. Almost.

You laughed, causing Minsoo to stop kissing you and look at you in confusion. “You planned this, didn’t you?” you accused, smiling.

Minsoo smirked. “Maybe,” he said before kissing you again. This time you kissed him back and wrapped your arms around his neck, tangling your fingers in his hair. Minsoo was just about to deepen the kiss when his phone rang, pulling you both back into the real world, and Minsoo groaned. He leaned down, set on ignoring it, but you placed a hand on his chest.

“It might be important,” you reasoned.

“That’s why I’m ignoring it,” Minsoo replied and kissed you.

As much as you wanted to continue, you pushed Minsoo away again. “Minsoo,” you said, giving him a look.

Realizing that you weren’t going to let him pretend his phone wasn’t ringing, Minsoo sighed and got up. You sat up as well but stayed sitting cross-legged as Minsoo answered his phone.

“Yeoboseyo?” he answered. He was silent for a few moments but his expression changed from annoyance to anger. “When?” You watched in concern, knowing that you had been right; it was important. “Did you see who left it?” Minsoo asked, running a hand through his brown hair. Then he sighed and looked down. “Fine, I’ll be there in ten minutes.” Minsoo hung up and rubbed his eyes tiredly.

“I was right, wasn’t I?” you asked in understanding.
Minsoo walked over to where you were sitting and crouched down until you were eye to eye. “I’m sorry,” he brushed some hair out of your face.

You smiled and placed a quick peck on Minsoo’s lips. “It’s fine, Minsoo,” you reassured him, “I understand.”

Minsoo looked down. “I always ruin everything,” he said sadly.

“That’s so not true!” you protested. Then you wrapped your arms around Minsoo’s neck, pulling him into a hug. “It’s your job and it’s way more important than game night.”

Minsoo chuckled. “Agree to disagree on that,” he said and buried his face in your neck. “Nothing’s more important to me than spending time with you. I love you.”

You smiled. “I love you too, pabo,” you replied before pulling back. “Now get,” you playfully smacked Minsoo’s shoulder.

Minsoo laughed and stood up, giving you a mock salute. “Yes, ma’am,” he said.

“Say ‘Hi’ to the boys for me,” you requested and Minsoo made his way to the door leading out of your apartment.

Minsoo blew you a kiss before he walked out. “Love you, babe,” he said and then disappeared through the door, shutting it behind him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Alright, boys,” CAP said as he walked through the doorway of the warehouse he and his gang were currently occupying, “what do we got?”

L.Joe, CAP’s right hand man, walked up to him carrying a manila envelope. “This was here when we got here. We didn’t open it because we weren’t sure if it was going to explode like the last time.”

CAP nodded. “Does it check out?” he turned to his explosives expert.

Neil gave him a thumbs up. “I just finished checking it over when you got here.”

“Speaking of which,” Chunji, the second oldest and closest to CAP’s age, swung his arm around CAP’s shoulders, “where were you?”

CAP smirked. “_____ says hi.”

“I knew it!” Changjo, the youngest and martial arts expert, exclaimed.

“We can talk about my girlfriend after we find out what’s in here,” CAP pacified and began peeling open the envelope slowly.

“You know,” Neil leaned over to Ricky, “there’s always a chance that I missed something and it’s still going to explode.” CAP looked up from what he was doing and glared and Neil and Ricky. “But that’s obviously not the case here, ha ha ha…” Neil trailed off, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

CAP rolled his eyes and continued opening the envelope, relatively certain that it wasn’t going to explode. Finally, it was open and he reached inside and pulled out what felt like several pieces of paper. He walked over to the desk that occupied the room and set the stack on it. They weren’t pieces of paper. They were pictures. CAP’s heart started to pound and blood rushed to his ears. They were pictures of him and you playing board games at your apartment just a few hours ago.

“What the heck?” L.Joe leaned closer. “That’s you and _____.”

“Yeah, I got that, thank you,” CAP replied sarcastically to cover up the panic filling him.

L.Joe, not deterred by CAP’s sarcasm, picked up the first picture and flipped it around. “Guys, there’s writing on the back of them!” he exclaimed.

CAP nearly ripped the picture out of L.Joe’s hands. Instead he clenched his fingers into fists. “What does it say?”

L.Joe cleared his throat and started reading. “‘So, you like playing games?’” L.Joe picked up the next picture and turned it around. “‘Well here’s another one.’” Next picture. “‘Give us something worth while,’” Next picture, a close up of your face from just before the battleship game. “‘and she lives.’” Last picture. “‘You have until 7:00 AM tomorrow morning.’”

The last syllable had just left L.Joe’s mouth and CAP was already running out of the warehouse faster than he had ever run before.

“Hyung!” Ricky yelled and the rest of the boys took off running after him.

CAP didn’t even hear Ricky. He just ran, hoping against hope that you would be sitting on the floor where he’d left you, or maybe curled up on the couch with that book you were in the middle of. Finally, your apartment appeared around the corner and CAP somehow found another burst of speed and got to the door in seconds. He pounded up the stairs and came to a stop in front of your door. It was open.

“No…” he breathed out, fear crippling him, and began walking through the door. It was as if a tornado had landed inside. Tables and chairs were overturned, books were strewn all over the place, broken glass was everywhere. “______!” CAP called, begging you to answer. You didn’t.

“Hyung!” Chunji called as he ran through the door, the others following close behind him. “Oh my gosh…” he breathed out when he saw the state your apartment was in.

“W-where’s Noona?” Ricky asked in a childlike fear.

CAP fell to his knees, tears now streaming down his face. “I’m gonna kill them,” he vowed in a shaky voice.

“Hyung!” L.Joe’s voice came from the little kitchenette. CAP looked up and saw the shorter male holding a sheet of paper with large writing on in. “It’s a note,” L.Joe clarified. CAP wiped his face of tears, stood up, and walked over to where L.Joe was standing with the note. All that was written was an address.

“Who would have done this?” Neil asked, half for an answer and half just to get it out in the air. “We haven’t done anything serious to anybody recently.”

Changjo took the note and looked it over himself. “Grudges last a long time,” he reasoned. “I guess the only way to find out is to go here.”

“What do you suppose ‘something worth while’ is?” Ricky mused.

“Money,” Chunji answered, “which we don’t have much of.”

CAP pulled the note out of Changjo’s hands and said, “We wont be needing any.”

The rest of the gang looked at CAP as if he were crazy. “Wait,” L.Joe leaned closer to his leader, slightly questioning his sanity, “you want us to go in guns blazing?”

“I’m not asking you to come with me,” CAP said, “but I’m getting my girlfriend back regardless of the risk.”

Chunji let out a little laugh. “We’re coming with you, pabo,” he said. “______ will kill us if we leave you by yourself.”

Neil smiled and nodded. “She’s like a sister to us, Hyung,” he said, “We want her back too.”

Ricky placed a hand on the leader’s shoulder. “We’re going to get her back.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You first realized your wrists were tied behind your back when you tried to rub your eyes after waking up. After that the past events came back to you. Minsoo had just left when you heard a knock at your door. You thought he had forgotten something opened the door to three guys in black ski masks. Although they looked ridiculous they managed to knock you unconscious and drag you out of your apartment to – you looked around – an empty warehouse.

“Good morning, sunshine,” a phony cheerful voice said. You looked up and saw a handsome face smirking down at you.

You closed your eyes and sighed. “Jungshin,” you acknowledged him. At once, everything became clear. Minsoo, as his gang alter-ego CAP, had put Jungshin’s right hand man in prison which caused a feud between the gangs. This must be Jungshin’s way of having revenge.

“Glad you remember me,” Jungshin said.

“Stop with the small talk, Jungshin,” you snapped and glared at him, “what the heck do you want?”

Jungshin snorted and took a step closer to you before bending down to your eyelevel. “You sure are talking big for someone who’s tied up.”

You rolled your eyes, not scared of him in the slightest. “Maybe I’d be more intimidated if you were actually a threat.”

A vein bulged in Jungshin’s neck as he attempted to hold in his anger. Now it was your turn to smirk. You had gotten under his skin.

Before you could think of another smart remark to get Jungshin even more flustered the door to the warehouse flew open and three small objects were thrown inside. You knew what they were before they even hit the ground; smoke bombs. Smoke filled the air, making it difficult to see, and Jungshin’s men started yelling and running around, trying to get their weapons that they had carelessly strewn about. That’s when the real chaos started. CAP had arrived.

It didn’t take long for him and the rest of his gang to overpower Jungshin’s men. Junshin’s carelessness was what got him into this situation in the first place and his men weren’t that much better.

Jungshin wasn’t going to lose this time, though. He cut your bindings and pulled you to your feet. Then he pulled out his gun.

Minsoo was too busy beating the crap out of one of Jungshin’s men to see what was going on but Jungshin’s voice broke him out of his trance.

“Don’t do it, man,” Minsoo turned around and saw Jungshin holding you close to him with a gun against your head. “It be a shame to mess up this pretty face,” he taunted.

Minsoo automatically put his hands in the air. “Alright, alright,” he slowly put his gun on the ground, “just… just don’t hurt her, please.”

Jungshin shook his head. “We’re past negotiations now, CAP,” he said, slowly taking steps backwards. “You know; I was going to let her go but now I think I’m going to kill her just to spite you.”

“NO!” Minsoo was on his knees, literally begging now, and tears began filling his eyes, “Please, please, don’t hurt her! I’ll do anything. She’s…” he turned his tear-stained eyes to you, “she’s everything to me. I-I can’t live without her.”

Even though there was a gun pressed against your skull you still found it in yourself to smile a bit at that. The love you had in your heart for Minsoo was so immense that you thought you were going to burst.

“So please,” Minsoo continued, “please let her go. Do whatever you want to me; hurt me, but please don’t hurt her.”

That’s when it really hit you. Minsoo was already hurting… because of you. That was enough to make you snap. Before you could even think about the many ways this could backfire you slammed your elbow into Jungshin’s gut, making him lose his grip on the gun and you, and forced him to double over in pain. In less than a heartbeat Chunji was on top of him, keeping him from grabbing his gun back and making a mess.

You ran to where Minsoo was still kneeling and allowed yourself to be pulled into the strongest, bone-crushing hug of your life.

“You’re okay, you’re okay,” Minsoo repeated in a sob. You were both completely oblivious to what was going on around you. Right now each other was what mattered most. “I’m so sorry.”

You shook your head. “It wasn’t your fault,” you assured him.

“I love you. I love you,” Minsoo whispered into your neck, his tears wetting your skin, “I love you so much.”

You ran your hand through Minsoo’s hair and held him close, “I love you too.”

“I-I,” Minsoo stammered, “I was so scared. I thought I was going to lose you.” His grip on you tightened as if he was afraid you could slip away any second.

“Shh,” you calmed him. “I’m not going anywhere. I promise.”

 

A/N

SO SORRY this took me so long to finish. I had some rediculous writers block and I feet so horrible about it. But anyway, here it is! This is for BigBangAngel. 

Completely off topic, but you guys should go check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1b9vW-hVhw&list=PLs9v51RAZbj-Dk822YFVT5QuUvCQuwzFO&index=9 This guy is amazing and I actually teared up a bit. He's not that well known but I think he should be. This entire episode of Immortal Song 2 was amazing but this was the highlight for me.

Anyway... Thank you SO MUCH for loving my stories! You are all wonderful human beings