P.O: New Kid on the Block

One Shot Collection!

If people thought that being the new kid was difficult, they had nothing on you. Try new kid in a foreign country. Your parents dropped the bomb the middle of your senior year that you were going to be moving before your first year of college for your dad’s work. The catch? It was a whole new country. The other catch? You needed to learn a new language. So you began lessons is Korean. The moving bit wasn’t that big of a deal because you were going to be leaving all of you school friends behind anyway for college but the fact that you were moving to another country, that spoke a different language to boot, was a little daunting. Luckily you were a quick learner and it wasn’t long before you could speak Korean without too many issues. All that confidence few out the window, however, when you stood in front of your college ready to move into your dorm.

“You know,” your dad slid his arm around your shoulder when he noticed your slightly apprehensive expression, “you don’t have to move into the dorms. You can live the first year at home.”

You shook your head, plastering a small smile on your face. “I got this, Dad. If I don’t move in this year there’s no way I’ll have friends for next year. Besides, this way I’ll become way more confident much faster.”

Your dad shook his head and pulled you into a hug. “Stop being so adult like, it’s scaring me.”

You laughed. “I’m still a baby to you, aren’t I?”

“Yup.”

Ten minutes later all of your dorm possessions were moved into you small dorm and your parents, with your insistence, left to finish moving into their new house. Then you were alone. Other students were running around in the hall, yelling in Korean, and you stood alone in your room. Your roommate, whoever she was, had already moved in and there wasn’t much for you to do except organize your stuff too. An hour later you had your bed made, put your clothes in the small closet and dresser, your books on the shelf, and you were sitting in a chair, exhausted.

“Oh, hi!” you looked up when a short, cute girl with dyed blonde hair a shade or two lighter than yours waltzed into your room. “You must be my roommate,” you said in Korean with a smile.

“Uh, yeah,” you replied and stood up. “I’m ______.”

The girl smiled really cutely and held out her hand to shake yours. “I’m Lee Minyoung, but everybody calls me Min.”

You liked this girl. “Sorry if my Korean’s really bad,” you apologized.

“Oh no, I think you speak really well!” Min complimented. “Hey, since I’m here, I’ll show you around the school. Those stupid tours don’t do anything really.”

“They skipped, like, half the school!” you agreed.

Min threw her hands up in the air. “I know!” Then she led you out of your room and through the halls of the school. It was a beautiful campus. Even if it was in a different country you were really glad you were going to school here. You were admiring the way the light was streaming though the many windows in one of the hallways that you didn’t notice that you were walking directly in the path of another student who was paying as much attention as you were.

You smacked into a hard chest and you, and whoever you ran into, fell to the ground. Nailed it.

“_____!” Min dropped next to you, “Are you okay?”

You rubbed your nose, which had gotten the brunt of the impact, and stood up. “Yeah,” you assured her and looked at the person you had run into. He was tallish, taller than you (but that wasn’t difficult considering you were only 5’3”) with really fluffy, dark hair, a largish nose that fit his face perfectly, high cheekbones, and nice eyes that held a mischievous glint in them. Then he spoke.

“I am so sorry,” he said in slow, broken English. “You not hurt?”

Min snickered a bit but you thought his attempt was sweet and smiled at him. “I’m fine,” you replied in Korean and a look of relief washed over his face, “and I’m sorry too. I should have been watching where I was going.”

“Me too,” the boy admitted and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

Min rolled her eyes and took control of the situation. “If you two are just going to keep apologizing I better introduce you two.” She turned to you, “_____, this is Park Kyung, the resident idiot. Kyung,” she turned to Kyung, who didn’t seem the least bit upset he had just been called an idiot, “this is _____.”

“Nice to meet you,” Kyung said sincerely and held out his hand.

“You too,” you replied and shook his hand.

Kyung smiled, a really wide smile that showed quite a few teeth. “Hey, if you two aren’t busy tonight, me and the guys are having a small party in my room. You know, to get to know everyone before classes. It’s at 7”

You bit you lip. You wanted to get to know people but you hated parties. You always ended up in a corner by yourself with a book.

Min narrowed her eyes at Kyung. “What’s your definition of small?”

Kyung held up his hands in defense. “Actually small this time. Like, just the guys, a few other girls and you two if your interested.”

Min and you looked at each other and Min shrugged. “Sounds like it could be fun,” Min admitted. “Besides it could get you more comfortable.”

Min had a point and you decided it would be better than sitting in your dorm all night with nothing really to do. “Sure,” you shrugged in agreement and looked back and Kyung, who was waiting with an anxious expression. “We’d love to,” you told him.

“YES!” Kyung threw a fist in the air and then began to walk away. “It’s gonna be great,” he said, turning around and walking backwards while pointing at you. “Not too crazy but it’s gonna be great!”

“Pabo,” Min chucked as you two began walking again.

“Seems like it,” you agreed with a smile. Then you frowned in confusion. “Who are ‘the guys’ he kept talking about?”

“The other idiots in his friend group,” Min answered. “There’s seven of them, all together, and they are literally all idiots.”

You pretended to think hard about this. “Is that a good thing or a bad thing?” you asked.

Min laughed. “They’re all great,” she admitted.

“Good,” you smiled again. “Can’t wait to meet them.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It’s SO not fair,” Min pouted as you two made your way to Kyung’s dorm later that night.

You chuckled. “I still don’t get why you’re so upset,” you told her.

Min play glared at you. “You’re literally wearing a T-shirt and jeans and still look great!” she exclaimed.

It was a little bit more than a T-shirt and jeans but not by much. You were wearing a slightly oversized, maroon shirt that said “Today’s Outfit” on it in black letters, black skinny jeans, maroon Nike, wedge heel sneakers, and a black snapback hat. A simple necklace, an R.J. Graziano open-circle pendant necklace that Min said looked like a black donut on a gold chain, adorned your neck, a group of bracelets made out of small, black stones and little gold charms were around your left wrist, and a small set of gold rings were on your fingers. You looked really casual but Min was right, you did look good.

“That’s because I can’t pull of the kind of clothes you can,” you pacified Min and gestured to her outfit. Her light pink, short sleeved crop top and denim shorts would have looked awkward on you but she managed to make it look classy. Her necklace was a simple, five strand, gold necklace that matched the gold bangles on her wrists and she even wore pink heels that were the exact same color as her shirt. She looked great. 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” Min flicked her hand at you good-naturedly, “we’re here anyway.” She knocked on the door and went in before anyone opened it.

The dorm was bigger than yours because, as Min explained on the way there, Kyung lived in a quad with three of his friends and you were glad because the idea of being stuck in a small dorm room with ten plus people you didn’t know kinda scared you.

“Hey! You guys came!” Kyung came around the corner with a huge grin. He pulled you and Min into a hug and then pulled you deeper into the quad. “Guys! They’re here!” he yelled over the music.

In the next two seconds the room instantly became more crowded as people seemingly appeared out of nowhere and crowded around you and Min.

“Okay, okay everyone,” Kyung stood behind you and placed his hands on your shoulders, “this is _____. She’s new this year.”

You weren’t one to blush but everyone and their mom seemed to be looking at you and you could feel your cheeks start to heat up.

Luckily Min came to your rescue. “Alright stop staring at the girl like she’s a zoo animal and introduce yourselves!” she said and locked arms with you.

A boy taller than Kyung stepped forward and held out his hand to you. “I’m Jiho,” he smiled adorably and shook your hand.

You smiled back. “Hi,” you said.

“I’m Minhyuk,” another boy with black hair and who was very good looking said.

You were introduced to Jaehyo, who was prettier than most girls, Yukwon, who’s smile was contagious, and Taeil, who was only an inch taller than you and had an eyebrow piercing, as well as the other girls at the party. There was Fei, who was insanely pretty and elegant, Jia, who’s unique look made one want to take a second look, and Suzy, who looked younger than what she really was. The three girls were good friends with Min.

“P.O’s running late, again,” Taeil sighed.

You blinked. “P.O?”

Jiho nodded. “Pyo Jihoon but he goes by P.O because there’s, like, three other Jihoon’s that go here.”

“Makes sense,” you said.

Suddenly the door swung open and a tall boy, who’s face reminded you of Big Bang’s TOP at first glace, came running in. “I made it!” he exclaimed and your jaw dropped. He had the absolute deepest voice you had ever heard. Then he saw you and his face mirrored yours.

“P.O,” Kyung stepped forward, “this is _____.”

P.O blinked a few times before recovering and holding out his hand. “Uh, hi,” he said in his deep voice.

You smiled softly. “Hi,” you replied and shook his hand. Your small hand fit perfectly in his and you felt butterflies in your stomach. P.O’s face relaxed and he smiled back at you. He had a nice smile.

“Well if you two are done making eyes at each other there’s food over here,” Kyung spoke up, causing you and P.O to let go of each other’s hands and step apart awkwardly. Kyung walked over to you and grabbed your hand, pulling you towards the food, and left P.O standing alone. For some reason seeing Kyung holding your hand and pulling you away made P.O feel upset… jealous even.

“Take a picture, genius,” Jiho said with a smirk and threw his arm over the younger boy’s shoulders.

“Huh?” P.O turned to Jiho in confusion.

Jiho laughed. “Take a picture, it lasts longer,” he said. When P.O still looked confused Jiho sighed and simplified. “She’s cute,” Jiho prompted, looking to where you were standing, laughing at something stupid Kyung said.

P.O’s face softened into a smile as he looked at you. “Yeah, she is,” he admitted.

“Do you like her?” Jiho asked straightforwardly.

P.O turned to Jiho, taken aback. “I literally met her a minute and a half ago.”

“aaaaaaand?” Jiho leaned closer with a smirk on his face.

“And…” P.O looked back at you, “she’s pretty.”

“So go talk to her, genius,” Jiho suggested.

P.O nodded. “Ok,” he said, pumping himself up. Then he started walking towards you until he was standing behind you. He lifted up his hand, about to tap you on the shoulder, when he stopped. What would he say to you? Would you think he was weird? This was a bad idea. He was about to abort the mission when Kyung noticed him standing there.

“Hey P.O,” he greeted. P.O froze.

You turned around and saw P.O standing there. “Hi,” you offered with a smile. That was it. One word and P.O’s mind went blank and his tongue stopped working. There was literally nothing he could think of to do. You tilted your head and looked at him. “Are you okay?” you asked.

“Hi.”

‘Oh my gosh,’ you bit your lip and smiled. ‘He’s adorable,’ you thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ok Jaehyo,” Yukwon leaned forward with a mischievous smile on his handsome face, “truth or dare?”

“Because it’s you asking, I’m going with truth,” Jaehyo answered in a heartbeat. He had a point. Since the game started an hour ago he had gotten Kyung to run around outside in Min’s heels and Fei’s very feminine cardigan, made Taeil drink a smoothie that had a bit of every single item of food from the fridge in it, and made Minhyuk dance the entire song of Girl’s Day’s Something in costume. Let’s just say you had laughed harder than you ever had in your whole life.

“Okay.” Yukwon thought for a second before another devilish smile covered his face. “Who did you have your last kiss with?”

“Crap.” Min said under her breath.

Jaehyo instantly got read in the face. “Well, um…” he snuck a glance at Min.

“Tell us! Tell us!” Jiho started chanting until we all joined in.

“Okay, okay!” Jaehyo yelled, “It was Min!”

Everyone started yelling and freaking out while Min buried her face in her hands.

“Oh my gosh!” Suzy exclaimed and scooted closer to Min. “Is that when you two disappeared last summer during the campfire?” Min nodded, not lifting her head. The freaking out intensified.

“How was it?”

“Is she a good kisser?”

“Omg date!”

“Shut up, shut up!” Jaehyo yelled even louder, getting everyone under control. Ish. “It’s my turn now.” He scanned the group, pausing to glare at Yukwon, and made his choice. “______,” he picked you, “truth or dare?”

You pretended to think really hard, earning a few snickers, but you already knew what you were going to pick. “Truth,” you said. There was no way you wanted to drink a smoothie made up of condiments that belonged on a sandwich.

Jaehyo leaned forward and studied you, trying to come up with the perfect question. You copied him and leaned forward as well, which made the snickers get louder. “Okay, out of all of us,” he gestured to the guys seated in the circle, “who do you think is the best looking?”

Everyone in the circle started to murmur and look around.

“I know who I’d pick,” Min said with a smile.

“Yeah, obviously,” Jia teased and made kissy faces, earning a smack from Min.

You laughed and looked around the circle. There was Kyung, with his large smile and high cheekbones, Jaehyo, who was, without a doubt, very handsome, Jiho, with his messy hair and sweet eyes, Yukwon, with his stunning smile, Minhyuk, who’s manliness shown through, and Taeil, who’s glasses and eyebrow piercing made him even more attractive. Then there was P.O. There was something about him that held your attention. Maybe it was his eyes, that held a childlike silliness, his smile, that was sometimes small, and sometimes showed his gums. You smiled just thinking about it.

“Well?” Jaehyo’s voice brought you out of your thoughts. “Who’s the most attractive?”

“I think,” you stalled, looking at each of the boys again and shook your head when Taeil adorably winked at you. “Pyo Jihoon,” you said.

Exclamations of good-natured outrage followed, as each boy adamantly claimed that they were the best looking, but P.O just sat there looking at you. You were laughing as Jaehyo was listing off all of his attractive qualities and your face was lit up. You weren’t like most girls P.O saw. You had blonde hair and bright blue eyes in contrast to the dark hair and eyes that surrounded you. P.O smiled. You thought he was the best looking.

That argument effectively ended the game and everyone decided it would be best to get some sleep before the first day of classes started tomorrow.

P.O and Jiho, who were roommates, lived in the same dorm building as you and Min so you all walked back together.

“Did you really kiss Jaehyo?” Jiho asked.

“Maybe,” Min replied. She looked at Jiho with a smirk. “Why? Jealous that I didn’t kiss you?”

Jiho scoffed. “Don’t flatter yourself.”

Min pouted and grabbed Jiho’s arms. “Let me fix it!” she said and made ridiculous kissy faces.

“Ew no!” Jiho started to run, “get away from me, you crazy woman!”

“Let me love you!” Min ran after him leaving you and P.O walking by yourselves.

You chuckled. “What weirdos,” you said.

P.O smiled. “We take pride in it,” he admitted.

“Then I guess I’ll fit right in.”

“You will with us.”

You narrowed your eyes playfully at him. “So you don’t mind me hanging out with you guys?”

“I guess we can make an exception,” P.O played along. That’s about the time you reached your dorm. Min was nowhere to be found. She was probably chasing Jiho somewhere.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow,” you told P.O.

“Yeah,” P.O nodded, looking kind of nervous. Then he said, “By the way, I think you’re the prettiest too,” and ran away. You stood there in the doorway of your room, dazed, for a good five minutes until Min came back with a good deal less lipstick than she had when you saw her last.

“What’s wrong?” she asked when you didn’t say anything when she came back.

“Nothing,” you said, breaking out into a huge grin. “Everything’s great.”

Min narrowed her eyes at you. “Fine, keep your secrets,” she said.

You just smiled and started getting ready for bed. P.O thought you were the prettiest. Maybe being the new kid wasn’t going to be so bad after all.

 

 

A/N

Here you go Carebear2111! This will be a two part story so stay tuned! Thank you all for loving my stories!! Remember to subscribe and comment what you think. Don't be a silent reader!!