At the Food Stand

Third Time's The Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

1 Peter 5:8-9

With a secretive smile, Minhyuk had replied that their location was a secret. Naturally, she was slightly excited and curious, so to say she was disappointed with the actual place was an understatement.

 

"A food stand?"

 

"Food is the best medicine," he stated wisely. "And this stand serves the best hoddeoks ever." He led her inside the tent and called out, "Grandma! The usual please. Except two servings this time."

 

A kind looking grandmother stopped cleaning the tables and looked up. "Oh, Minhyuk, you came!" She noticed Krystal being pulled in. "Omo, and you even brought your girlfriend?" Her delighted look gave way to a frown. "But why didn't you tell me you were dating?"

 

“I’m not-” Minhyuk began to protest, but he was startled when Krystal yanked her wrist from his hand. When he realized that they had entered with him holding her wrist, thus looking like a couple, he coughed loudly. "Grandma, she isn't my girlfriend," he mumbled.

 

She looked at them in confusion. "But you came in holding hands-"

 

"Ah, grandma! Please hurry and get us our food," Minhyuk whined.

 

"Alright, alright," she laughed. "Just wait a while." She left the two in an awkward situation.

 

"Um, let's sit down," he said hurriedly. He motioned to the nearest table, and they sat down, refusing to look at each other.

 

After a few moments of awkward silence, Krystal asked, "Is she really your grandma?"

 

"Oh, no, she isn't, but she acts so much like one, and she insists upon me calling her 'Grandma', so I just do. But she also goes by Mrs. Hong."

 

"Ah."

 

Their minds racing about what to say, they sat silently. Until Mrs. Hong came with the food. "Eat a lot," she urged, smiling.

 

"Thank you," Krystal bowed before digging in. Her eyes lit up after her first bite of the delicious ddeokbokki. "Wah, this is really good."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter